leafan

Index: LEGO Ideas Support Thread - Pirates

I have now added HMS Surprise by Naboo1:

resize:800:450

This is a scale model of the frigate of the Royal Navy HMS Surprise. That ship is well known for it appearance on the movie Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World.
The model is built in scale 1:200 and is realy small. Its only 25 studs long, but it contain around 700 parts. Thats 28 Parts for each stud lenght.

Also, it looks like the Ideas website has undergone another change. Now, when you support a project, you will see this screen:

new.PNG.5023af957b30b489823ff4eb1cbdbd8c.PNG

Furthermore, here is an entry that is ending in 20 days and had never been on this index. Must have been hard to find when this was all started, which can be the case if a project is mid-life:

Amerigo Vespucci training ship by Mr.Mattoncino:

resize:800:450resize:800:450

And it only needs 3 more votes to get to 100 and receive further time!

Edited by leafan

4 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Now this isn't too shabby!

@leafan, do you think this is worthy of its own topic?

image.png

This i a nice project :) Will go and support 

Is this actually pirates though?

resize:800:450

23 minutes ago, leafan said:

This has now been added to the index.

You have done well - thank you, sir! pir-thumb.gif

On 5/21/2020 at 10:17 AM, Mister Phes said:

Is this actually pirates though?

Not really, but it would fit in pretty well.

Today I have added the following entry to the index.

The Kraken by steveiuliano (@siuliano):

resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450

And a video for the Idea:

Edited by leafan
Added creator tag

Furthermore, lockdown has given me the chance to search for Ideas that I may have missed when creating this topic. I now belatedly present...

Imperial Fort by Cube Brick:

English Fort by Klarinik:

Caribbean clipper made it now :pir-huzzah2:
Personally I do not think it will make it all the way. Since I have plenty of ships I would rather have one of the excellent fort builds that is gaining votes fast make it instated.

However to me it seams like the Barracuda bay made it mostly because they came up with the idea to turn it in to a ship, so not very hopeful we will see more pirate related sets in ideas anytime soon.. On the other side I was sure not any of the 3 sets that made it this round would make it so what do I know :pir_tong2:

I have bad news guys, my Flying Dutchman project got archived only just know, and I was close to 4000 supporters :(

Here's the email from LEGO IDEAS for proof that no more ships will be allowed.

581224539_LEGORejection.PNG.a7d29a27501741e45dc9d023bf6d4f8c.PNG

I can even confirm that tombungee's Endeavour, Stortebricker's Rolling Dutchman, Skulls1234's HMS Surprise, Kolonialbeamter's Royal Flagship, Micro_Model_Maker's Maelstrom Duel, Xman's H.M.S. Ideas, Naboo1's HMS Surprise, SaltyFish's Tintin - The Unicorn, Ian Malcolm's Wreck in the Abyss, Red Spaceman's Skull's Eye Schooner, Bricky_Brick's Sword of the Seas ,and Babyteeth's Spanish Galleon Warship and Caribbean Pirate Galleon have been archived as they can no longer be supported and be commented on. It appears all of these submissions were rejected today. The only ship I see remaining is tombungee's Empress and Babyteeth's Caribbean Clipper, though the latter has reached 10k supporters but I am sure that it will be archived soon just like the rest. So disappointing.

I don't know what's going to happen with the pirate forts/outposts but there's really no point in posting ships anymore. LEGO IDEAS is basically broken guys ;)

Edited by ZedKay

7 hours ago, ZedKay said:

I don't know what's going to happen with the pirate forts/outposts but there's really no point in posting ships anymore. LEGO IDEAS is basically broken guys ;)

Well the way I see it it can be both good and bad news. Maybe Lego are planning to release their own pirates set outside Ideas :shrug_oh_well:
And as long as they do not plan to approve any Ideas pirate ships anyway it will only give us false hope to have them there and a waste of Idea submitters time and talent.

I personally would much rather have a fort or similar than a ship for the soldiers, but I guess they may be removed now as well :sceptic:

Maybe this is a move from Lego to reduce the number of ideas that reach the review stage. If that is the case they should remove all the modulars there as well, they never gets approved anyway :hmpf:

On 7/2/2020 at 2:12 AM, ZedKay said:

I have bad news guys, my Flying Dutchman project got archived only just know, and I was close to 4000 supporters :(

Here's the email from LEGO IDEAS for proof that no more ships will be allowed.

581224539_LEGORejection.PNG.a7d29a27501741e45dc9d023bf6d4f8c.PNG

I can even confirm that tombungee's Endeavour, Stortebricker's Rolling Dutchman, Skulls1234's HMS Surprise, Kolonialbeamter's Royal Flagship, Micro_Model_Maker's Maelstrom Duel, Xman's H.M.S. Ideas, Naboo1's HMS Surprise, SaltyFish's Tintin - The Unicorn, Ian Malcolm's Wreck in the Abyss, Red Spaceman's Skull's Eye Schooner, and Babyteeth's Spanish Galleon Warship and Caribbean Pirate Galleon have been archived as they can no longer be supported and be commented on. It appears all of these submissions were rejected today. The only ship I see remaining is tombungee's Empress and Babyteeth's Caribbean Clipper, though the latter has reached 10k supporters but I am sure that it will be archived soon just like the rest. So disappointing.

Did they also made the archived projects unsearchable and unfindable, unless you have the direct link?

These entries were also archived:
The Sword of the Seas
Spanish Galleon
USS Niagara

By the way, some more ships still remain in Ideas... for the moment:

Tall Ship
Imperial Trading Ship
18th Century Rigged Frigate
Simple Ship

Although there is no way these ships will receive much support.

Maybe update the first post of this thread?

@leafan

Edited by Brickander Brickumnus

Yeah archived projects become unsearchable, so unless you have the direct url it is impossible to find them. Funny when they said in the email that "This way fans can still admire your creation" when you can't find them??

I heard that LEGO are planning on releasing a reboot of the Pirate theme for 2020/2021, but best not to spread fake news so let's just wait and see.

Edited by ZedKay

52 minutes ago, ZedKay said:

I heard that LEGO are planning on releasing a reboot of the Pirate theme for 2020/2021, but best not to spread fake news so let's just wait and see.

Hopefully one aimed more at AFOLs with soldier sets to go with Barracuda bay :moar: I am sure a lot of the designers at Lego are pirate fans, so probably a lot of sketch models for big detailed sets already exist in Billund :pir-huzzah2:

My understanding these are the first sets since a long time (Barracuda + 3+1 Ship) so I'm not surprised they are not doing another one.

23 hours ago, ZedKay said:

Funny when they said in the email that "This way fans can still admire your creation" when you can't find them??

It's unfortunate your submission overlaps which a current product release, however the Classic Pirates would love to help builders share there creations through our forum and social media! :pir-huzzah2:

I don't understand their thinking. They say that these ship ideas overlap with the Pirates of Barracuda Bay. But they're fine constantly approving further sitcom casts in their living spaces. 

9 minutes ago, Totoro said:

I don't understand their thinking. They say that these ship ideas overlap with the Pirates of Barracuda Bay. But they're fine constantly approving further sitcom casts in their living spaces. 

I agree that is frustrating, but I suspect they use the sitcom's as market research, a test to see who is still popular enough today and then make the ones they already had on their list in the first place. If the Barracuda Bay sell enough to warrant further sets they do not need ideas to tell them that now or be limited by what sets reach 10 000 votes, they can just make what they like :shrug_oh_well: