leafan

Index: LEGO Ideas Support Thread - Pirates

Just now, Brickander Brickumnus said:

"Pirates of the Barracuda Bay" must be selling like crazy!

So instead of paying 1% of sales to possible future successful Pirates fan designers... just change the LEGO Ideas rules of submission, do not approve any set, even if it hits 10K votes and it's really good... and problem solved.

Pity for all the fan designers who have submitted and want to submit Pirates Theme projects. :pirate-sad

Pretty sure that whats going on...

I really don't know what to say to all of this. If they will reject all future Pirate submissions after producing the Pirate Bay, then I guess this thread is done.

I'm a big Castle fan too, so I suppose this also applies to Castle since the Medieval Blacksmith was approved!?!

18 minutes ago, leafan said:

I really don't know what to say to all of this. If they will reject all future Pirate submissions after producing the Pirate Bay, then I guess this thread is done.

I'm a big Castle fan too, so I suppose this also applies to Castle since the Medieval Blacksmith was approved!?!

It really is a sad day for us non-licence lovers. I really hope Pirates Bay and the Medieval Blacksmith shop sell really well just so Lego knows that there is still a market for these older themes :pir-cry_sad:

Just now, azog said:

It really is a sad day for us non-licence lovers. I really hope Pirates Bay and the Medieval Blacksmith shop sell really well just so Lego knows that there is still a market for these older themes :pir-cry_sad:

Well it's not confirmed yet so there's still hope.

Hopefully, @Piraten will hear something additional to add context to all of this.

If this is really the case, I have to believe there is another pirates line in the works. I can't think of any other logical explanation, and have trouble believing they would arbitrarily stop accepting pirate-themed submissions purely due to the release of Barracuda Bay, when this has never been the case with other themes to the best of my knowledge.

Edited by gza

11 hours ago, azog said:

I love NASA but why can they keep posting new ideas but Pirates they cut off because there is one set?

I'm thinking lego is planning a new pirate wave next year. 

Yes, they're due to release a new wave of LEGO Pirate sets in 2021.

This would explain why they're no longer accepting pirate related submissions as this would definitely create a conflict.

However, not fully clarifying is a disservice to fans who submit their creations to LEGO Ideas.

Hi I dont know why lego doing that... but the same i wander before when cancel all the other themes (star wars, batman, peter pan) am big fan of batman lego i don't have the opportunity to design something for the batman! 
I wonder with same logic now if one castle lego pull out like a product the theme castle is must by shield??? 

Edited by Delusion Brick

25 minutes ago, Delusion Brick said:

Hi I dont know why lego doing that... but the same i wander before when cancel all the other themes (star wars, batman, peter pan) am big fan of batman lego i don't have the opportunity to design something for the batman! 
I wonder with same logic now one castle if is lego pull out like a product the theme castle is must by shield??? 

You have made a Batman project for Ideas earlier.. Right ? 

But they turn down all pirates now... Also POTC.. I made a new thread about with the e-mail from Lego. @Delusion Brick lucky that your project was approved and congrats on the many supporters.. you passed me earlier today..:pir-classic:

9 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Yes, they're due to release a new wave of LEGO Pirate sets in 2021.

This would explain why they're no longer accepting pirate related submissions as this would definitely create a conflict.

However, not fully clarifying is a disservice to fans who submit their creations to LEGO Ideas.

I have reached out to the people I can.. I will to be proactive with them and hopefully that will work. 

41 minutes ago, Piraten said:

I have reached out to the people I can.. I will to be proactive with them and hopefully that will work. 

Piraten, you are wonderful! :pir-love:

I'd like to share my story.
4 years ago I decided to design something I had wanted as a child, "Scissorhands" castle, but since there already were pieces like that it did not get approved... i work on that 2 months, 8.300 pieces. I sent messages but the replies were ambiguous, it was a huge disappointment!
Then I said, well, it's okay I'll make something else so I decided to make a Star Wars (
LEGO Custom Speeder Bike 74 Z) one (back then it was allowed). When I sent it they displayed it for a day, then they changed the terms and stopped accepting Star Wars... double dissappointment...
What I want to say is that things are very unpredictable and if for every LEGO idea a theme gets discontinued then what can I say... we aren't gonna do anything from any theme.
The point, though, is to do what we love. It's a shame that they don't accept more sets.
Thank you very much piraten! It was never my main focus to win this that's why I supported and commented on your work from the very first moment. Because I like your set! And I support many sets because I recognize the effort and dreams that they carry with them!
What I have as a dream is to make a beautiful set that children will hold and play with just like I did.

1 hour ago, Delusion Brick said:

I'd like to share my story.
4 years ago I decided to design something I had wanted as a child, "Scissorhands" castle, but since there already were pieces like that it did not get approved... i work on that 2 months, 8.300 pieces. I sent messages but the replies were ambiguous, it was a huge disappointment!
Then I said, well, it's okay I'll make something else so I decided to make a Star Wars (
LEGO Custom Speeder Bike 74 Z) one (back then it was allowed). When I sent it they displayed it for a day, then they changed the terms and stopped accepting Star Wars... double dissappointment...
What I want to say is that things are very unpredictable and if for every LEGO idea a theme gets discontinued then what can I say... we aren't gonna do anything from any theme.
The point, though, is to do what we love. It's a shame that they don't accept more sets.
Thank you very much piraten! It was never my main focus to win this that's why I supported and commented on your work from the very first moment. Because I like your set! And I support many sets because I recognize the effort and dreams that they carry with them!
What I have as a dream is to make a beautiful set that children will hold and play with just like I did.

@Delusion Brick Its funny :) I also like and support many ideas like you. And also for the same reason. If i can see the love to the ideas i support :) I have to be honest. I havent supported yours yes. Decided that I wanted to be number 10.000 :pir-classic: 

I do hope that the "blocking" of new Pirates  submissions on IDEAS mean more sets via regular channels, those 2 ships released in 2020 , need some locations/rivals to plunder after all.

Especially that Islanders Statue head in the Barracuda Bay is a big tease I hope LEGO has something more planned for.

In the meantime, great work listing all the ongoing IDEAS we can still vote on. @leafan :thumbup:

Edited by TeriXeri

3 hours ago, Piraten said:

LEGO is going to get us all crazy!

How is that even possible?

There is no logic to all this!
LEGO needs to 100% clarify what's a NO and what's a GO when it comes to Pirates theme submissions in Ideas.

By the way, the set is gorgeous!

What!!!! and what about the terms in the in the Acceptable Content: "Please only suggest new ideas. No ideas to “bring back” old LEGO sets." !! i don't understand !!! why lego doing that????? i m confused!!

I have added Eldorado Fortress Redux by @LM71Blackbird:

resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450

Eldorado Fortress. A beloved set the world over by many a LEGO Classic Pirate fan. My recreation expands upon the old revered set and I believe improves some of the play features and design elements. A full brick built and detailed rock formation sits underneath an enlarged an updated version of the classic Bluecoat Fortress of Governor Broadside.

Enlarging the build allows for the ability to move some of the facilities underground in the fully accessible basement which includes a kitchen, storage area, sleeping quarters and prison. Hours of fun can be had recreating moments from your childhood or newcomers creating brand new moments of their own.

The governor remains ever watchful from the high watchtower with his Lieutenant overseeing the handling of the cargo. All the while the pirates are trying to escape from prison!

My model includes approximately 3000 bricks. Includes 8 minifigures and has a full playable interior with removable sections for easy play access.

Thanks for checking out my latest build and please support today to make this build a reality!

Edited by leafan
Added creator tag

This is your last chance to support The Sequoia: Steampunk Quad-Engine Airship by DanGreenBlat, as it'll be ending soon.

This was not originally added to the index because it's Steampunk, but it's heavily influenced by Pirates so I thought that it may be of interest to some here.

resize:800:450

Spoiler

Just now, leafan said:

This is your last chance to support The Sequoia: Steampunk Quad-Engine Airship by DanGreenBlat, as it'll be ending soon.

This was not originally added to the index because it's Steampunk, but it's heavily influenced by Pirates so I thought that it may be of interest to some here.

Me not like at all. Supported anyway cause it's "piratey".

The following Idea are ending soon and urgently need support to avoid failing to achieve support.

Pirate Barque by @Sebeus I:

@Sebeus I is a member here at Eurobricks and has contributed many Pirate themed Ideas, so it'd be great if we could all get behind his Ideas to keep them ticking.

I have added The Skull's Eye Schooner by Red Spaceman

resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450

About the Model: Ahoy matey! Welcome to the Skull's Eye Schooner! This ship may be small, but it has everything that a pirate needs to rob an unsuspecting Governor Broadside, or any other foolish Imperials who dare to cross the Seven Seas. The ship comes with two pirates, a parrot, a canon, a chest full of stolen loot, and several other weapons and such. 

Why I Built it: I've never really built a pirate ship before, but after I finished it, I thought it looked good enough to put on here. 

Why it would make a Great Lego Set: It would make a great Lego set because of all of the cool details. I ended up building the hull sideways and then merging into regular style, which was not easy! Also, it has a rudder and a small anchor. 

If you would like to add this schooner to your fleet, then hit that support button!