leafan

Index: LEGO Ideas Support Thread - Pirates

19 hours ago, Delusion Brick said:

hello and from me :pir-grin: (Delusion Keeper) thanks a lot!!!! for the upload!  

Oh welcome to Euro... oh, you've been here since 2017 :pir-sweet: Welcome back then!

Great job on the Idea. I will add your tag to the postings.

I wasn't sure if this one fits here or in the Historical thread, but I think it kind of fits with Islanders so here we have Tribal Village by ThirdKookyUrchin:

resize:800:450resize:800:450

It'd be a real shame if Armada Outpost by Rivers Bricks was to expire. It only has 13 days left.

We should do our best to make it tick over to the next extension :pir-wink:

resize:800:450

I tried to submit a Bluecoat Fortress to LEGO Ideas last week and received the following feedback today:

Unfortunately, we’ve had to return your submission, Soldiers Fortress, to you for further revisions in order to comply with the Product Idea Guidelines, Contest Rules or Activity Rules. We could not approve your submission for the following reason:

1. Unfortunately, your submission requests the release of a model or concept that overlaps with a concept or licensed property (IP) on which a LEGO Ideas set (Pirates of Barracuda Bay) has already been produced. 

Since LEGO Ideas has already produced a set on this concept or property, we have decided not to approve this similar submission as a LEGO Ideas Product Idea. Our Project Guidelines and House Rules state that once we release a licensed product or concept through LEGO Ideas, we won’t accept any more submissions based on that license/concept.

You can read more about which licensed properties or concepts LEGO Ideas has already produced official LEGO Ideas sets on.

What's odd is that there is no mention of the Pirates of Barracuda Bay set; it's simply a Pirates related set.
So, it seems any future Pirates themed ideas may be declined outright...

@lomis

Pity.

But someones comment here, might provide some light to what happened with your submission:

"Everytime a set is approved, people always try to follow it with another similar one. It never works. They'll never do it. Maybe only with NASA sets, but these pirates/castle/movie sets will only ever be a one-off."

https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-ideas-the-castle-in-the-forest-achieves-10000-supporters/

Which, if true is very sad, because, in my opinion "Castle i the Forest" is much better than "The Blacksmith".

Edited by Brickander Brickumnus

3 hours ago, lomis said:

I tried to submit a Bluecoat Fortress to LEGO Ideas last week and received the following feedback today:

What's odd is that there is no mention of the Pirates of Barracuda Bay set; it's simply a Pirates related set.

Please do us all a favour and follow this up with them. It may be an honest mistake because there are new Pirates and Castle ideas pretty regularly.

And if by chance they are rejecting all Pirates ideas ideas because The Pirate Bay was produced, then I have lost all hope with TLG.

Just now, leafan said:

Please do us all a favour and follow this up with them. It may be an honest mistake because there are new Pirates and Castle ideas pretty regularly.

And if by chance they are rejecting all Pirates ideas ideas because The Pirate Bay was produced, then I have lost all hope with TLG.

Yes, I'll follow up.

Personally, I am more concerned with the risk that anything that already has been approved past the 10K point may be rejected when it comes time to select the final approved sets.

Added H.M.S. Ideas by Xman (Creator of the previously submitted Red Coat's Seaside Fortress):

resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450

Description:

G'day mates, Xman here. This is my newest submission, the H.M.S. Ideas (a tribute to Lego Ideas). Although this may be the newest on Lego Ideas, it has been one of the longest in the making. The goal was originally to make a Lego version of the H.M.S. Victory, the flagship of Admiral Horatio Nelson, hero of Trafalgar. As I did not think the outcome resembled the Victory well enough, I renamed it the H.M.S. Ideas. This would be a great model to bring back Lego Pirates with and could be the flagship of the series.  

This build contains:
78 cannons
10 mini figures
Two anchors
A galley (with food and drinks)
A captains cabin (with a bed, desk, telescope, and sextant)
Three decks
Five masts that can be decked with sails
A brig
3106 pieces

Thank you for your support and double-thanks if you follow me. Best of luck with your own models and pirates forever!

Please go and support it if you like it.

Edited by leafan

I've also added Castaway's Sandcastle by Taris120

resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450

Description:

Years ago, a small trading cog capsized in a stormy sea, near shores of uncharted land. Not many survived and of them, only Jack (who might or might not be grand-grand-grandchild of famous pirate captain Redbeard) remains as the rest of survivors perished in a voyage to find civilization on this damned island. Jack eventually found an abandoned lighthouse, one that could have saved their ship, would it be lit when they sailed past… and till this day and every day, Jack gazes towards the horizon, searching for any signs of rescue…

Or, who knows, perhaps Jack is on a lookout for enemies, from his repurposed castle-pirate hideout. I built the model- the story can be yours…    

Hello LEGO fans!
This is my first submission to LEGO Ideas, the one thing I never though I will do... Yet, one day I started to fiddle with a few LEGO pieces, adding one to another until I had a hill surrounded by cliffs, then the beach appeared and eventually, some water splashed in too. But what good is a hill with nothing on it? Since I am life-long fan of the Castle line, I decided to build a small fort on top... which turned into raggedy and worn down lighthouse you can see in the final build. After posting a picture of the unfinished MOC online, I received many positive comments and that made the lighbulb of my brain (which is switched off most of the time) shine brighter than ever. Adding details, such as a treasure cove below the lighthouse (every Island has to have one!), resting place of crewmembers who did not make the voyage and debris on the beach, washed ashore by high tide. And here we are- my first submission to LEGO Ideas.

You want more details, I get it, so I will stop rambling now... lets get to info of importance.    

Part count:
Estimate would be around 2000. This is model built with real LEGO and honestly, it was more about having creative fun- which would be spoiled by counting. Even descendants of pirates hate arithmetics. Arrrgh

Minifigures:
So far- two (If you count on skeleton being a minifigure). But possibilities are endless! Do you want to have two knights duelling over a princes on top of the lighthouse (which can be easily modified into a castle)? Done. Whole ship crew comes back from dead? Done! Family picnic by the rabble? Done, done, done!

Price and release date:
Alright, alright- this was a joke. Have I made you smile or even excited? Support this build... 

And that is it, folks! Whether you are fair maiden in distress or rough lumberjack with tears in your eyes because you always wanted to actually live in place like this Island- I thank you for checking out this submission. I will appreciate all comments, good or bad, uplifting or rude (okay, not rude- save them for you mother and you will see how she likes it). And of course, I would appreciate if you press that beautiful support button in top right corner....  

On 4/8/2020 at 6:34 PM, lomis said:

Hi.

I don't understand that your idea not could make it til Lego Ideas. If Seagull bay is on, Yours should be too ? Seagull was submitted 3, April.

Any pictures ? And what date did you try ?

On 4/9/2020 at 2:34 AM, lomis said:

For those who aren't familiar with your Bluecoat Fortress, could you please post some photos so we can see what you're referring to.

On 4/7/2020 at 1:11 AM, leafan said:

It'd be a real shame if Armada Outpost by Rivers Bricks was to expire. It only has 13 days left.

We should do our best to make it tick over to the next extension :pir-wink:

resize:800:450

Oh I love that set. 

8 hours ago, leafan said:

It was probably posted before I started this thread, but I'll add it to the index. Thanks!

Of course. Thank you for starting this thread.

On 4/9/2020 at 6:07 AM, lomis said:

Yes, I'll follow up. 

Personally, I am more concerned with the risk that anything that already has been approved past the 10K point may be rejected when it comes time to select the final approved sets.

Be there any updates on this?