leafan

Index: LEGO Ideas Support Thread - Pirates

7 hours ago, Sandal said:

Hello there, I'm Sandal. Thanks for inviting me here.

Hey @Sandal! Thanks for accepting my invitation.

User @Brickander Brickumnus wanted to ask you a question about your idea. You can find his question on the prior page, or here.

I see it, here's a picture of the section of the hull. It's a bit complex, I'm working on a way to simplify it and lower the piece count.

5ba58be447.jpg

On 12/9/2019 at 11:14 PM, leafan said:

This isn't technically a Pirate idea, so I won't add it to the index, but I think that it'll be of interest to most people that like Pirates. Jenny Thunder: Escape from Skelly Island! by JasonsBrickShop:

Reveal hidden contents

resize:800:450

I've just invited JasonsBrickStop to join us and tell us more info and details about this amazing build. I hope he'll accept and have some spare time to discuss. By the way he has some amazing classic-styled set builds, it totally worth taking a look at.

I hope he'll join us so maybe it'd be the best to move his IDEA to the adventurers section in case.

@Medzomorak Good work; I too have been actively trying to bring themed and talented creators here to discuss their works. It can only benefit Eurobricks.

Just now, leafan said:

@Medzomorak Good work; I too have been actively trying to bring themed and talented creators here to discuss their works. It can only benefit Eurobricks.

Excellent work to both of you!

Social media has stolen a lot of the traffic Eurobricks once received, so we can provide value by offering a platform for more in depth discussions on the building of these creations.

I've added this moc from The Chronicles of Narnia, which I know isn't Pirates, but I feel like it will also appeal to Pirates fans, so check out...

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by Jcreations912:

The creator of this also has a good Castle entry which I've covered in the matching Historical index. You can see The King's Castle Gatehouse here.

@Digger of Bricks - Do you think this would fit a topic in the Action & Adventure sub-forum? Or perhaps the licensed one? Anyway feel free to re-post there if you think it'd fit - you know better than I do on that.

Edited by leafan

53 minutes ago, leafan said:

Do you think this would fit a topic in the Action & Adventure sub-forum? Or perhaps the licensed one? Anyway feel free to re-post there if you think it'd fit - you know better than I do on that.

I'm certain it'd be fitting to mention over on the Licensed Index, though I wouldn't say the same personally for the Action & Adventure Themes subforum, which I'm pretty sure there isn't an index topic for such anyway? :shrug_confused:

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

I'm certain it'd be fitting to mention over on the Licensed Index, though I wouldn't say the same personally for the Action & Adventure Themes subforum, which I'm pretty sure there isn't an index topic for such anyway? :shrug_confused:

Ah yeah fair cop - I just meant a new topic rather than an index.

I've noticed a considerable slow down in Pirate submissions to Ideas, especially when compared to Castle. Why could this be?

Has it always been that way and I'm just now noticing?

The Pirate moccing sub-forum seems very active, so there's definitely a sizable community making Pirate mocs. Could it be that they're generally ships and therefore potentially too large for what most would consider a likely to be approved Idea perhaps.

I hope to see more.

i have uploaded a pirate (kind of pirates i guess its a PotC build(you can see it in the Moc page for this theme)) project to Ideas which should be active tomorrow, i think the reason pirates isnt on Ideas much is becuase no one votes for them, there has been so many amazing ships, forts etc that dont make it too 100, 

Edited by legoMoccer

2 hours ago, legoMoccer said:

i have uploaded a pirate (kind of pirates i guess its a PotC build(you can see it in the Moc page for this theme)) project to Ideas which should be active tomorrow, i think the reason pirates isnt on Ideas much is becuase no one votes for them, there has been so many amazing ships, forts etc that dont make it too 100, 

I look forward to seeing it. If it's to the standard of your recent Castle submission, it should be good!

You could be right on the lack of support, but The Pirate Bay seemed to race through the support phase.

20 minutes ago, leafan said:

I look forward to seeing it. If it's to the standard of your recent Castle submission, it should be good!

You could be right on the lack of support, but The Pirate Bay seemed to race through the support phase.

hm im not sure if it is quite as good, its a microscale build however i think its rather unique, i want to make a 1600/1700 era port but i dont know how much support it will get 

thats true, i think it raced through because it was featured on youtube videos, my nasa space craft set took months to reach 1000 but as soon as it was featured on youtube it jumped up 3k in a few days, Ideas is a strange place, for example my lighthouse project on there at the moment got 300/400 in two days and now it gets about 10 votes a day  

Edited by legoMoccer

5 hours ago, leafan said:

I've noticed a considerable slow down in Pirate submissions to Ideas, especially when compared to Castle. Why could this be?

Has it always been that way and I'm just now noticing?

The Pirate moccing sub-forum seems very active, so there's definitely a sizable community making Pirate mocs. Could it be that they're generally ships and therefore potentially too large for what most would consider a likely to be approved Idea perhaps.

I hope to see more.

Well, just as you say that... :wink:

LEGO Ideas - The Fortress by Piraten

resize:1600:900

23 hours ago, legoMoccer said:

You absolutely are and I really like your moc. I'm glad that you decided to go with the full version in the end.

Here's a picture for everyone to see:

22 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, just as you say that... :wink:

LEGO Ideas - The Fortress by Piraten

That is one awesome entry and beautifully timed, as you say. I have asked the creator, Piraten, to come join us here. Hopefully he/she will accept.

Both have been added to the index.

Edit: @Piraten has decided to join us here :classic:

Edited by leafan
User Link

Hi everyone.

Thanks for sharing. Remember to support :) I will make a small contest for some old pirate sets. So if you have supported my Fortress you are in the contest. :) 

Feel free to ask. I have a lot of storys. A

There will come more new mocs from me.

Edited by Piraten

On 3/10/2020 at 8:12 PM, Piraten said:

Hi everyone.

Thanks for sharing. Remember to support :) I will make a small contest for some old pirate sets. So if you have supported my Fortress you are in the contest. :) 

Feel free to ask. I have a lot of storys. A

There will come more new mocs from me.

It is a great set! I made a post there now with a few improvements, maybe you do not agree with all of them, but you can have a look :wink: