leafan

Index: LEGO Ideas Support Thread - Pirates

11 minutes ago, leafan said:

This isn't technically a Pirate idea, so I won't add it to the index, but I think that it'll be of interest to most people that like Pirates. Jenny Thunder: Escape from Skelly Island! by JasonsBrickShop:

Heh, that's pretty cool! It's not often you see Adventurers-themed projects on Ideas... :thumbup: :classic:

resize:1600:900

Chromed set would look good in normal parts but I feel due to the Chrome it'll never get made/picked.

31 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Chromed set would look good in normal parts but I feel due to the Chrome it'll never get made/picked.

And the LEGO Group would never ever consider replacing the chrome parts with non-Chrome parts to make production more feasible?

8 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

And the LEGO Group would never ever consider replacing the chrome parts with non-Chrome parts to make production more feasible?

Of course they could replace the parts with normal parts, and then use chrome/metal painted parts where it'd make sense (helmets/weapons etc).

I still voted for it as I think it's a great set with 550 parts very good size for what's in it.

Edited by TeriXeri

Wait wait wait... Is that entire design chromed?!

:laugh: :head_back: :iamded_lol:

That's just comical. I mean, really. We all know TLG is just tripping over themselves to do entire sets in chrome. Ha.

I feel like it's the only thing that really even stands out; the rest is pretty basic stuff. If they're going to chrome a whole set, they should at least make it something epic.

Actually, I don't even like the chromed stuff. It's just too fragile for me.

On 1/21/2020 at 11:12 PM, leafan said:

Added, thank you.

By the way, thank you for the great effort for keeping this post updated. I've found myself coming here all the time I'm hoping to see some nice pirates idea started.

Anyway I'm just so hyped for the pirate bay atm, we can honestly feel lucky that Lego has answered our prayers :) 

7 minutes ago, Medzomorak said:

By the way, thank you for the great effort for keeping this post updated. I've found myself coming here all the time I'm hoping to see some nice pirates idea started.

Anyway I'm just so hyped for the pirate bay atm, we can honestly feel lucky that Lego has answered our prayers :) 

You're very welcome.

I too am looking forward to the first views and launch of The Pirate Bay set.

I got lucky at work and won a reward of £200 in vouchers that can be redeemed at various shops, including the Lego Shop, so im hoping that'll cover my purchase :)

Edited by leafan
Clarified

5 hours ago, leafan said:

Cursed Cove by Lego Maniac 1993:

resize:800:450

This is certainly not going to happen considering Pirate Bay is pushing any chance away for pirate things, but this set is still amazing.

This is how I exactly would imagine a new mid-sized set for a classic Pirates reboot. So many potential.

19 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Thanks again for the updates, @leafan!

Very much appreciated how you and @Digger of Bricks are maintaining this topic on a regular basis.:thumbup:

You're very welcome. Let's hope that some more ideas get into the review stage and show Lego that we mean business :classic:

8 hours ago, leafan said:

Added 18th Century Rigged Frigate by Sandal:

resize:800:450

Very nice!

The ship looks wider than normal.

Did he use this piece for the hull instead of prefabs?

No. 6060.

6060.png

I'm designing a ship using this same piece for the hull, but I wasn't sure if it's feasible for a complete design.

Wide-Custom-Hull.png

And coupled with this LEGO hack:

Or this:

Double-Sided_Brick2W.jpg

Edited by Brickander Brickumnus