leafan

Index: LEGO Ideas Support Thread - Pirates

Thanks for letting me know about all of these cool Ideas. I have updated the index.

Now pass the rum matey's.

6 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Here's yet another new submission from this morning that's definitely pertinent to this topic. :classic:

Oh I just came here to add that and you beat me to it! ....again lol.

I beat you to the new Castle entry though :D

Anyway, added to index.

@Medzomorak - stolen idea? Well, I won't add that then.

The Unicorn is a nice entry.

I just found this USS Niagara.
Won't be necessary to add it to the Index due to it being expired in 2016. But I thought, some of you might want to see the ship:

1969319-o_19osl32hgnmuk8g1roa1iv61u4a7-t

On 7/17/2019 at 7:20 AM, Mister Phes said:

Do we have a topic for this in the Pirate MOC Forum?

Don't know, I think we do not.

8 minutes ago, Medzomorak said:

Don't know, I think we do not.

T'would be great if someone took the initiative to create a topic and source some static images for this wonderful creation.:pir-classic:

And then eventually we can post on the Eurobricks homepage and Classic-Pirates.com.

34 minutes ago, ShadowWolfHount said:

I know that LEGO idea have a rule of not using clothe, but these pirate theme ships really been to be made as the exception to the rule.

Not true. The Guidelines on LEGO Ideas states that:

We cannot produce new LEGO parts molds, new cloth or other non-brick elements within the scope of LEGO Ideas, and therefore we don’t accept product ideas that include these items. Existing parts in different colors are okay, as well as new stickers or printed parts.

meaning cloth sails which already exist can be used, even in different colours. They just don't want people to ask for a new cloth or make their own cloth. For example, the cloth sails I used in the Flying Dutchman on this thread, are the same ones that were used in the official LEGO Black Pearl and Queen Anne's Revenge set.

Edited by ZedKay

2 hours ago, ZedKay said:

Not true. The Guidelines on LEGO Ideas states that:

I was mainly talking about custom clothes, thought it be obvious I be talking about that sense many of these ship projects used brick build or just not have it at all. I say that I believe that the pirate theme ships should be the exception to the rule is because they are a big part of the build, unless we be talking things like sunken ships. Also we need to take into account about idea also breaking their own rules with a recent Disney idea set. (though LEGO overall have been breaking their own rules for a long time)

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

On 8/22/2019 at 3:31 PM, leafan said:

Added Viking longship by Beñat (I have also added this to the Castle/Historical thread because I feel like this has cross-over appeal):

Reveal hidden contents

a4618720-5f51-4b48-acc9-88998842bc86-Vik

Simple Ship by LEGObviously:

Reveal hidden contents

195757a0-4db5-47c4-941d-d63ff04e0aae-Shi

...and here's another newly-submitted project that's pertaint you can index here! :wink:

LEGO Ideas - Modular Island Fortress by techam

14be2ffe-778e-4c68-88e6-d1e97f94ad61-IMG_2308.JPG

7 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

...and here's another newly-submitted project that's pertaint you can index here! :wink:

LEGO Ideas - Modular Island Fortress by techam

Thanks, this has been added.

I really like it; looks like a tough fort and the shape is appealing to me, even if the colours are somewhat distracting.

I've moved the Soldiers Outpost by Spinx125 to the Urgent Support Needed section of the index. Time is running out, so please support if you have not already.