leafan

Index: LEGO Ideas Support Thread - Pirates

Hi all, due to the good reception that I got from my Castle/Historical Ideas support thread, I've decided to maintain one for Pirates too.

The idea is that this thread can be a place to come to find out about current Lego Ideas entries and give them our support in an efficient manner, from the community that loves Pirates the most.

Last Updated: 17th June 2020.

Ending Soon (URGENT VOTES NEEDED):

Nearly There (Needs more votes):

Aging Entries (Needs a boost):

New Entries: 

Edited by leafan
Added 1

On 3/4/2019 at 1:45 PM, leafan said:

Hi all, due to the good reception that I got from my Castle/Historical Ideas support thread, I've decided to maintain one for Pirates too.

Heh, I totally missed this yesterday, an excellent index for starts by the way! :thumbup: :smug:

On 3/4/2019 at 1:45 PM, leafan said:

Imperial Brigantine "Dolphin" by LM71Blackbird. (Days left, urgent votes needed!)

P.S. The creator of this project in particular ( @LM71Blackbird ) is here on EB! :wink:

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

P.S. The creator of this project in particular ( @LM71Blackbird ) is here on EB! :wink:

Thank you, I have added tags to the original post.

1 hour ago, Fraunces said:

Awesome index!! Thanks!

No bother matey. Save me a bottle 'o' rum for when m'watch ends.

@paokus Congratulations on reaching 10k votes on Lego Ideas for your gorgeous moc The Pirate Bay!

1 hour ago, leafan said:

@paokus Congratulations on reaching 10k votes on Lego Ideas for your gorgeous moc The Pirate Bay!

Ya know, unless I'm mistaken, I believe this may be the first Pirate-themed LEGO Ideas project to ever achieve support! :sweet:

Nice thread.

I do hope some smaller pirate ideas get popular enough, now that the big one hit 10000 super fast.

Edited by TeriXeri

While a nice design, it is a re-release of an earlier project, with a number of boat parts which aren't produced anymore as far as I know.
Too bad he didn't update the cabin windows with 2x2 lattices though. Would look a bit more authentic.

9 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, looky here what @paokus has cooked up for submission today... :oh:

LEGO Ideas - The Sword of the Seas by Bricky_Brick

Gorgeous! I will add it now.

22 minutes ago, paokus said:

Thanks so much my friend!

No, thank you! Let us know if you're working on any future Historical type projects, or even in general :)

I consider the pirate theme in Lego one of the best. I like the work of authors and especially designers.

6110868-Imperial_Outpost_V1.1-thumbnail-

Nice index, Imperial Outpost seems to have potential as it evokes sets from the original Pirates theme...

(Should it not be named "Armada Outpost" to be consistent with Armada Sentry and Armada Flagship?)

However, it lacks design innovation and could use more colour.

• The structure should be placed at the rear of the baseplate. The playability takes place at the front of the design, so more water frontage makes sense.
  • Needs more red. Observe how Armada Sentry balances the white and green with red accessories and a splash of yellow.
  • We've seen plenty square/block architecture in past LEGO Pirate forts, maybe try some curves
  • The middle of the outpost should not be walled off, it needs to be open - should have an arched window or some clever architecture to open the space up.
  • Needs a sail boat with a second pirate (think Lagoon Lockup)
  • Should have a palm tree - this is a staple of sets at this price point.
  • Some kind of action feature would make things more interesting.  John Cook is breaking out, so base an action feature around that.
  • Even though there are a generous number of accessories, the design still feels a bit empty, although I suspect this is a result due of lack of colour.

Those suggestions aside, this is still a good effort, but it does feel as though I could undergo more refinement.

Hi @Digger of Bricks, thanks for posting my Treasure Cove Water Slide LEGO idea.

I just joined Eurobricks and saw this post so cheers!

There's some 'incredible' MOCs / builds on here.

@paokus I'm a big fan. I will certainly be buying your pirate bay build when it hits the shelves (fingers crossed).

1 hour ago, siuliano said:

Hi @Digger of Bricks, thanks for posting my Treasure Cove Water Slide LEGO idea.

I just joined Eurobricks and saw this post so cheers!

There's some 'incredible' MOCs / builds on here.

Welcome to Eurobricks @siuliano:sweet:

If you haven't already, please do also check out @leafan's sister topic for this index if you're interested! :wink:

Here's to wishing you best of luck over at LEGO Ideas! :grin: