Hello All - I would like to share my latest build - Ken Block's 1,400bhp Hoonicorn Mustang V2!

46443293814_aa911b48c7_b.jpgExclusive 2 insta @loxlego by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

46333803695_ff71e9fdf6_b.jpgFord Mustang Hoonigan nation - outdoor shots - follow @loxlego by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

When I say that this is the absolute most frightening thing ever driven, I’m not exaggerating. At all.In the words of TG’s good friend Ken Block - ”This beast is an upgraded iteration of his crushingly fast, four-wheel-drive 1965 Hoonicorn Ford Mustang RTR.”
Meet the Hoonicorn V2. By adding two turbos to that monster 6.7-litre Roush Yates V8, It manages to churn out 1,400bhp at the crank.

47196336602_da7d298869_b.jpgFord Mustang Hoonigan nation - outdoor shots - follow @loxlego by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

This model RC Technic MOC comes loaded with options: Red shifter switches high / low speed, 4wd, V8, working steering wheel and steering, opening hood trunk doors, 8 lights, brand new in-board suspension - single spring without torsion bar... chrome all over - Available in manual, 2 Buggy motors or 2 Xl motors and 2 buwizz.

46304468525_f00c18bb7c_b.jpgFord Mustang Hoonigan- engine bay by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

A huge shout out to the team at @buwizz_brick who made an amazing upgrade to their software - making it absolutely the most powerful battery and software of choice!! This hoonicorn RIPS due to the ludicrous mode on buwizz, and has 4 different settings from Slow to Ludicrous that really make this car an 8 speed machine. 

46524729864_30b9811e44_b.jpgFord Mustang Hoonigan nation - outdoor shots - follow @loxlego by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

46333803485_ba243e3799_b.jpgFord Mustang Hoonigan nation - outdoor shots - follow @loxlego by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Follow Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/loxlego/
Flickr gallery: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmB6w6Zj
Hit up this link for the buwizz! 
https://buwizz.com/?ref=15

All these chrome parts are avail here - good prices and quality!
https://store.bricklink.com/Bubul

46363951485_fec14977bf_b.jpgFord Hoonigan mustang rims! Follow on insta  @loxlego by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Edited by Lox Lego

Well that is an absolute beast.  You have gone all out on this one and I really like the styling.  I am quite interested to see some of the insides.  

35 minutes ago, letsbuild said:

I love this model, where did you get the rims?

From the LEGO Bugatti Chiron set.

Cool car!

13 minutes ago, Sariel said:

From the LEGO Bugatti Chiron set.

Cool car!

No, the second, specialized rims.

Simply awesome!  I think overall it's your best creation to date and absolutely wonderful replica of the real car.  You really captured the look of the car while still including elements of your own unique building style.

It might be worth taking a few pictures with chrome swapped with LBG or Grey for potential builders who don't want or can't afford the chrome.

Lovely piece, I tend to rest my eyes on it for minutes since it appeared online. :wub:

Great model! The overall shape is instantly recognizable, the detailing is superb, and the building techniques used (especially your signature wheel arches) fit the model perfectly. As PvdB said: I would also love to see some more of 'the insides', it all looks and sounds like you packed some pretty neat features in there. Well done!!

I was wondering when this was going to show up :classic:  I have been eye-balling this for quite some time on Flickr.  Almost reached out to you!

Simply amazing looks.   Also curious with @Pvdb about more of the insides.  And different iterations of the build with Buggy motors versus XL motors - that may require quite a bit of rearranging of the insides.  

Also great part usage.  Are those clamshell buckets for the diffusers?  I think the turbos are being pinned down by pneumatic tubing? 

Yeees! I love it! The details that impresses me the most are the turbos. Please tell me that you will be entering mustang contest on lego ideas with this. It's brilliant. Also: Nooo! You beat me to it. I was really considering building it for the contest, but since yours is so great, now I don't see the point.

Edited by pagicence

Just now, pagicence said:

Yeees! I love it! The details that impresses me the most are the turbos. Please tell me that you will be entering mustang contest on lego ideas with this. It's brilliant. Also: Nooo! I was really considering building it for the contest, but since yours is so great, now I don't see the point.

I believe the contest is looking for '67 and this is '65

He has built a very nice Eleanor mustang which he should enter though.

Edited by technic_addict

Just watched a vid about Ken Block driving the real Hoonicorn v2 up Pikes Peak, d*mn that guy is as insane as this car...

This build is truly a masterpiece when it comes to replicating the original.

And @Lox Legodid you use chromed 8880 steering wheel hub large for the turbo inlets? Brilliant:drool:!!!

Edited by Rudivdk
Typos...

Amazing recreation of the Hoonicorn!  You've definately "shredded all tires" on this creation!  HOF consideration worthy in my mind.  Congrats!

13 minutes ago, Rudivdk said:

Just watched a vid about Ken Block driving the real Hoonicorn v2 up Pikes Peak, d*mn that guy is as insane as this car...

And @Lox Legodid you use chromed 8880 steering wheel hub large for the turbo inlets? Brilliant:drool:!!!

Yes that is the steering column?

What a spiffy looking machine, I can only echo everyone else's sentiments and say superb job on this creation. Not only is it huge but it looks very good, spot on and as a bonus it boogies like no other. Another vote for HoF. 

22 hours ago, Pvdb said:

Well that is an absolute beast.  You have gone all out on this one and I really like the styling.  I am quite interested to see some of the insides.  

Thanks Pvdb- means a lot coming from another designer ;) all I’ve got is this from some early version of the framework: 

33415237948_935edae260_b.jpgFrom drawing to reality by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

21 hours ago, technic_addict said:

Simply awesome!  I think overall it's your best creation to date and absolutely wonderful replica of the real car.  You really captured the look of the car while still including elements of your own unique building style.

It might be worth taking a few pictures with chrome swapped with LBG or Grey for potential builders who don't want or can't afford the chrome.

Yeah - all the chrome will be switched with grey or LBG colour for the parts list. Unfortunately I do not have enough parts in those color for the swap. 

20 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

I was wondering when this was going to show up :classic:  I have been eye-balling this for quite some time on Flickr.  Almost reached out to you!

Simply amazing looks.   Also curious with @Pvdb about more of the insides.  And different iterations of the build with Buggy motors versus XL motors - that may require quite a bit of rearranging of the insides.  

Also great part usage.  Are those clamshell buckets for the diffusers?  I think the turbos are being pinned down by pneumatic tubing? 

Thanks Nerds for Pres!! The swap to motorless is easy, none of the motors are load bearing so they can either be installed or not. The placement of rhr servo at the back was a super setup as I can remove the servo and place an HOG without changing the design. Yes those are buckets for diffusers and pneumatic hose for tubing - nice catch!!

20 hours ago, pagicence said:

Yeees! I love it! The details that impresses me the most are the turbos. Please tell me that you will be entering mustang contest on lego ideas with this. It's brilliant. Also: Nooo! You beat me to it. I was really considering building it for the contest, but since yours is so great, now I don't see the point.

Hey! Sorry, not entering. Been very busy this year with a new job and my 2 boys growing older. Thanks for the comments ?

19 hours ago, Rudivdk said:

Sure did!! PN 2999 - the most uselessly perfect peice for the part.

17 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

What a spiffy looking machine, I can only echo everyone else's sentiments and say superb job on this creation. Not only is it huge but it looks very good, spot on and as a bonus it boogies like no other. Another vote for HoF. 

Wow honoured guys. It’s been a great working on a second mustang and such an iconic one that Ken drives. Once this is done onto a Nissan GT-R - a very complex design for sure. 

Edited by Lox Lego

It looks amazing! Though in my opinion it looks a bit boring without stickers. Will you sell those too (perhaps through JaapTechnic, or someone else), or include them with the instructions for printing? 

The brown rims gotta be 3d printed. Like efferman, I think most people prefer SLS printed parts, but I have made a lot of custom Lego for FDM, and I think this is done that way too.

I can see a detail which happens on a printer soon to get new belts. Its like a small wave.
NgIf41rl.png

On 3/6/2019 at 6:44 AM, LvdH said:

It looks amazing! Though in my opinion it looks a bit boring without stickers. Will you sell those too (perhaps through JaapTechnic, or someone else), or include them with the instructions for printing? 

Hi! Good news all - Jaap Technic will be making a sticker pack! 

Also, Brickvault showcased t his car in thier top 10 MOC's - honoured to be the highlight of the video! 

I received some more chrome form Bubul to finish this MOC off, see below:

47261594642_2f5f491aa9_b.jpgFord Mustang Hoonicorn - Filter fire ?  Chrome Rims from Bubul chrome shop - follow insta @loxlego by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

40349018103_e2b3cbe714_b.jpgFord Mustang Hoonicorn - Filter fire ?  Chrome Rims from Bubul chrome shop - follow insta @loxlego by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

33438222758_88c4fba1da_b.jpgFord Mustang Hoonicorn - Filter fire ?  Chrome Rims from Bubul chrome shop - follow insta @loxlego by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

47316742821_9dcb18761d_b.jpgFord Mustang Hoonicorn- let’s add some chrome ??? by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

32377845297_429f20051a_b.jpgOutdoor sunset ? Ford Mustang Hoonicorn by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

@Lox Lego there is a tiny little incorrect detail that I've noticed. Your V2 has an exhaust pipes in front of the rear wheels, but the real one doesn't. V2 has exhaust directly behind the turbos above the hood (which you recreated correctly) and V1 has exhaust on the side in front of the rear wheels.

On 3/9/2019 at 1:03 PM, Essge said:

The brown rims gotta be 3d printed. Like efferman, I think most people prefer SLS printed parts, but I have made a lot of custom Lego for FDM, and I think this is done that way too.

I can see a detail which happens on a printer soon to get new belts. Its like a small wave.

Hi! Yes the rims are 3D printed :) my brother made them. 

12 hours ago, Aman said:

This looks sick what scale is it?

This is 1:8 scale, same as the Bugatti Chiron. 

5 hours ago, pagicence said:

@Lox Lego there is a tiny little incorrect detail that I've noticed. Your V2 has an exhaust pipes in front of the rear wheels, but the real one doesn't. V2 has exhaust directly behind the turbos above the hood (which you recreated correctly) and V1 has exhaust on the side in front of the rear wheels.

Ahh you got me!! Very true. You’re the first to mention that - I was actually torn beteeen V1 and V2. When I saw the turbo PN 2999 I knew I had to build the V2, but was also a fan of the V1 stickers. If that’s the only anomaly I can live with it :)

Edited by Lox Lego

Like lox just mentioned the rims are 3D printed, in bronze colour so no painting needed. 

2019-03-10_08-49-32

The whole print process takes about 36 hours.