Sign in to follow this  
Servertijd

Oxenfurt, blacksmith and watchtower

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

 

I had some time to make pictures of my latest MOC,

It's for the HSS program, to get my town on the map hehe :)

 

46365688055_9c5c458c28_b.jpgOxenfurt watchtower and blacksmith main by jesse van den Oetelaar, on Flickr

 

46365688305_5173e0438b_b.jpgOxenfurt watchtower by jesse van den Oetelaar, on Flickr

 

46365688465_6d2b78b9b5_b.jpgOxenfurt blacksmith close-up by jesse van den Oetelaar, on Flickr

 

No story today. Just a blacksmith and a watchtower, located in Oxenfurt, Avalonia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great moc, the texturing on the stonework looks great, i am not too sure about the rook though i feel like the ends should have the one by two part that extends downward. another criticism i have is the landscaping feels a little chaotic with all of the parts mixed together, i think making patches of specific types of plants would look better, but overall great moc, keep up the good work :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, derEselausErgste said:

I think we already can talk about that special "Oxenfurt-Style" - well done indeed!!!

Thanks :)

Just now, The Last of Nergoue said:

Great moc, the texturing on the stonework looks great, i am not too sure about the rook though i feel like the ends should have the one by two part that extends downward. another criticism i have is the landscaping feels a little chaotic with all of the parts mixed together, i think making patches of specific types of plants would look better, but overall great moc, keep up the good work :thumbup:

Thank you :)

 

Well I kinda disagree on the landscaping, its supposed to be a lush vegatation area. With lots of different plants. Not a garden where everything is organized in patches :tongue:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lovely job, Jesse! :thumbup: [Btw, you're a MOCcing machine! :oh:] The blacksmith reminds me of the old classic set, really nice. That wall texture is definitely a highlight! As for the landscape, I think what @The Last of Nergoue meant is that plants of the same type naturally tend to grow in patches, as they spread closeby. A pretty mixed-up combination is also possible though. Whatever the case, I like it as it is :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice tower.  I like the texturing and the roof.  The small forge is neat under the wooden canopy.  The landscaping looks really good, I like the patches of flowers and plants.  The little stream is a nice touch too.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a superb MOC.  I really like the feel of the entire build.  The tower is great: texture but not messy looking, a solid roof, great detail work in the vines going up the side... everything I’d think of in a defensive tower.  The blacksmith is also fantastic, and as others have said, is reminiscent of the older blacksmith sets but with more character and detail.

i like the landscaping, too: the mushrooms with different angles are great, and the use of lever bases mixed with flower petals looks good.  I think the lushness is spot on, and the colors of flowers seem naturally clumped together to me.  I think it looks chaotic if yellow, red, and white are all on the same stems, but what you did looks natural to me.  Outstanding work!  We are lucky to have you building for Avalonia!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2019 at 10:47 PM, en_zoo said:

Lovely job, Jesse! :thumbup: [Btw, you're a MOCcing machine! :oh:] The blacksmith reminds me of the old classic set, really nice. That wall texture is definitely a highlight! As for the landscape, I think what @The Last of Nergoue meant is that plants of the same type naturally tend to grow in patches, as they spread closeby. A pretty mixed-up combination is also possible though. Whatever the case, I like it as it is :thumbup:

Thanks mate! Well yeah, maybe I misunderstood the whole thing:laugh:. It´s not that @The Last of Nergoue has it wrong, everyone has ofcourse his/her personal taste:classic:.

On 3/5/2019 at 4:18 AM, zoth33 said:

Nice tower.  I like the texturing and the roof.  The small forge is neat under the wooden canopy.  The landscaping looks really good, I like the patches of flowers and plants.  The little stream is a nice touch too.  

Cheers :classic:

On 3/5/2019 at 12:51 PM, W Navarre said:

This is excellent! Great bright foliage, and awesome tower, neat roof! 

Thanks mate!

20 hours ago, Grover said:

This is a superb MOC.  I really like the feel of the entire build.  The tower is great: texture but not messy looking, a solid roof, great detail work in the vines going up the side... everything I’d think of in a defensive tower.  The blacksmith is also fantastic, and as others have said, is reminiscent of the older blacksmith sets but with more character and detail.

i like the landscaping, too: the mushrooms with different angles are great, and the use of lever bases mixed with flower petals looks good.  I think the lushness is spot on, and the colors of flowers seem naturally clumped together to me.  I think it looks chaotic if yellow, red, and white are all on the same stems, but what you did looks natural to me.  Outstanding work!  We are lucky to have you building for Avalonia!

Thanks Grover! That's a big compliment:classic:!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The texture on the tower is very nice, an example of extreme texture that is not over done nor ramshackle, which is nice to see. The vegetation is great, too, with plenty of variation and organic placement, without being sloppy. Bunching the flower colors was a great idea to help that out. I don't like the rough roof of the blacksmith, since the shingles seem to be pointing the wrong way to repel water. My favorite element is probably the birch tree, though, with a robust trunk and not-insignificant foliage. Lastly, I'm not sure that the smith looks trustworthy with that crazy wide nervous grin; I might get my armor somewhere else...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2019 at 10:10 PM, Henjin_Quilones said:

The texture on the tower is very nice, an example of extreme texture that is not over done nor ramshackle, which is nice to see. The vegetation is great, too, with plenty of variation and organic placement, without being sloppy. Bunching the flower colors was a great idea to help that out. I don't like the rough roof of the blacksmith, since the shingles seem to be pointing the wrong way to repel water. My favorite element is probably the birch tree, though, with a robust trunk and not-insignificant foliage. Lastly, I'm not sure that the smith looks trustworthy with that crazy wide nervous grin; I might get my armor somewhere else...

Thanks HQ!

 

That's exactly what the blacksmith is supposed to be:laugh:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lovely watchtower!!! The landscape around is so good lokking with some great details put into it. The blacksmith reminds me of the smith in Kingdom of heaven!:wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.