Sign in to follow this  
Blaze

Free Build Mitgardia: Attack on Northrend Manor

47224432562_d25a0406b2.jpgNorthrend Manor by Jan Pennings, on Flickr

Lord McClain had a long life as a board member of many different foundations but also a high ranked member of the Mitgardian army. He deserved his retirement and bought a nice manor on the hill of Northrend Mountain. Too bad he could not enjoy it for long, a black viper wyvern was quite interested in the goats that were living on his hills.

32334495747_6c5af00946.jpgNorthrend Manor by Jan Pennings, on Flickr

Luckily for him, the rangers are always ready to help poor fellows

33400795358_61d3ab8d9b.jpgNorthrend Manor by Jan Pennings, on Flickr

47224429462_8336990ff9.jpgNorthrend Manor by Jan Pennings, on Flickr

33400794678_57077c10be.jpgNorthrend Manor by Jan Pennings, on Flickr

"Why me?!"

47224431412_c892a08d8b.jpgNorthrend Manor by Jan Pennings, on Flickr

"Wow I caught a blue scaled carp!" Lord McClain's grandson is also quite simple, not noticing the poisonous dragon on top of the manor...

47224424612_45dc36fbc1.jpgNorthrend Manor by Jan Pennings, on Flickr

47224421812_4e1717a6ee.jpgNorthrend Manor by Jan Pennings, on Flickr

33400794898_1b17ec2921.jpgNorthrend Manor by Jan Pennings, on Flickr

47224426852_e2cc45cf19.jpgNorthrend Manor by Jan Pennings, on Flickr

33400795198_61eaa095fc.jpgNorthrend Manor by Jan Pennings, on Flickr

I tried to give this free build some more details, like the inside of the house, the dwarves mining gold in the mountain, the hidden armor in the mountain, the goats, the trees etc. I am very happy with this build, please let me know what you think!!

The house is nice, I really like all the little details in the interior.  The meat drying, the bookshelves, pantry, etc.  The exterior is pretty nice.  The landscaping looks pretty good with the short trees and the snow all around.  Those must be some hardy frogs to be out in the snow.  I really like your brick built goats and wyvern are awesome.  The only thing I'm not sure about is the snow on the top roof seems a bit clunky but otherwise great build.  

This is a great build, with lots to look at everywhere. I like the landscape and the way the house fits into it, since it evokes the Ninjago Temple of Airjitsu to me, which was a great set. That's a neat brick-built goat solution, and I agree with Zoth that those must be some tough Mitgardian snow frogs - normally amphibians would not be able to survive out and about in such conditions, being cold blooded and all. The stone steps and the angled bridge are my favorite parts, though. They look quite nice, especially the drifts on the steps and landing. For ways to improve, I would suggest cleaning up the photography a bit, especially the background, as it gets a bit distracting to have the corners of the cardstock (or whatever you use as a backdrop) in the frame. And if I were the owner of the manor, I would definitely be upset that dwarves were mining under my foundations...

No one can say you're not prolific. Another big build with lots of great details. This may be my favorite of the bunch.

A nice build with some nice details! :thumbup: The statue/shrine looks good, I like the dwarves underground as well as the interior. Speaking of which, watch out not too use too many colours on the floor, to avoid having it look messy. Yes, I've said this in my other comment, I know ^^ But look, this time you've chosen them better and the walls don't look as messy as the Hermit's hideout - in fact, I really like how the green in the upper part looks on that wooden section which in turn rests on the grey-orange wall (not sure why orange, but I still like it :laugh:). Keeping on with the same idea, you could avoid those dark bley tiles on the handrail of the bridge and keep them light bley instead, to be consistent with the rest of the bridge, plus there's also a bit of light bley rocks in the middle of dark bley ones. I'm not too sure about those arches in the snow (how can they stay up?). But the highlight for me here are the brickbuilt creatures (the goat, but especially the wyvern) - I can't build them, but you seem to be quite talented for that type of LEGO build. Keep going! :classic:

Thanks everyone for the great comments!

@zoth33, you are right about the snow on the roof, it is way too thick and clunky, I will improve that in my next build!

@Henjin_Quilones  The photography is my first try at doing it my self with a white box, someone was supposed to make the pictures and edit them, but that is a long story which didnt end well haha. This is my first attempt and now I finally have PhotoShop, so the next pictures I can finally edit, thanks for the comment!

@mccoyed Thanks man! Really appreciate that!

@en_zoo Thanks for the great comment, I was running out of light bley plates so that is why I used dark ones on the bridge, and that is also the reason of some of the colour changes in the rock work! I really enjoy building animals, especially completetly brick built, so by trying many many many times I got a little bit of hang with it, just keep trying and use techniques you see in other animals, so you can eventually create your own style!

Wow, this is a great build!  Love the size and all the details, like the multi-level with the bridge and the stream, plus the house up top.  I'd love to see more pics of the house itself.  From the overall shot, it looks a little oriental, but that may just be an affect of the picture.  The details with the dwarves, armor, etc. under the mountain are great, and I love the interior of the house!  The wedge plates with snow over the stream are well done.  I assume the river is meant to be flowing and isn't iced over?  All the snow and detail is great.  My only question is what kind of plant is that green with broad leaves in the middle of snow?  Those plants seem slightly out of place, but the rest of the build is fantastic!

Lovely layout with the winding stairs and bridge leading up to the manor :thumbup:

The little wooden dock with boy fishing, brick built goats, and house interior are my favorite details :wub:

Very good job on this build!  I really like how you have included a number of elements (house, bridge, river, dock, interior) but not squeezed them all into a small space.  I like the exterior and interior of the house, the little guard shack, the goat, and the parts use for the snow (except maybe the snot studs).  Great job!