Sign in to follow this  
Blaze

Free Build Mitgardia: Wide Winged Wyvern

The battering ram of the rangers! A strong Dragon, hard to train but if you manage to train it you will have a powerfull friend!

32334488867_f330a2068f.jpgWide-winged wyvern by Jan Pennings, on Flickr

47224415012_c693258c0c.jpgWide-winged wyvern by Jan Pennings, on Flickr

47224414702_bfb6b7858b.jpgWide-winged wyvern by Jan Pennings, on Flickr

32334488197_3339316d0b.jpgWide-winged wyvern by Jan Pennings, on Flickr

47224414422_9173357771.jpgWide-winged wyvern by Jan Pennings, on Flickr

I still love building dragons/monsters/creatures brick built. It is a challenge to make them anatomically correct, but that is what I love when I achieve it. Many are discarded because their head is to big, or their feet too small, but this one I thought was quite good, what do you guys think about it? Please let me know!!

I think you did quite well here.  The color combinations look great.  I really like the tail with the white pieces on the tip.  Also nice rider and saddle.  

Neat wyvern! The head area is particularly nice. I think there are some areas that look a bit rough, particularly around the joints, and the wings might be better with some sort of membrane to support flight. Your color blocking is excellent, though, with the consistency of tan on the bottom and dark bley on top. 

Great brickbuilt dragon. A little scrappier looking than some that I've seen. This looks a bit more like a TLG set and how they approach dragons for Ninjago.

Good one! I never tried building creatures myself, so I am no expert. On the spot, I'd say a slightly different pose, with the wings folding slightly downwards would look better - that would also help to work on the elbows, which look a bit too exposed and on the shoulders, which look a bit too rigid.

Thanks for the comments, I really appreciate that!

@Servertijd @zoth33 @Henjin_Quilones @mccoyed and The Last of Nergoue Thanks guys, I really enjoy building creatures! And indeed Henjin, the wings should be filled with some sort of fabric or something!

@en_zoo This is the only free build which is still "whole" so maybe I can add some more pictures, because the pose is possible with this build, thanks!

Great dragon!  Never thought to use the clear windshields as a stand, but they work well, maybe even better than a bunch of trans-clear bricks.  I see a pattern here of brick built dragons... lol.  Very nice!

As I´ve said before, I´m so jealuous of people who can build so organic looking animals! And this is no exception! Lovely dragon!

Dark bley isn't a color I see used for dragons all that often, but it works great here!

I like how you used white spikes throughout, especially at the end of the tail :thumbup: