PBRStreetgang

What Theme Do You Want to See With Lego's Next Biggest Set.

If not a big addition to Ninjago City, I’d love be to see a proper as they could get Wayne Manor with Batcave below. 

14 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

I know one thing I would rather see, instead of giant one and done sets, I would like to see more sets that can be combined to make a huge set. Something you could endlessly add onto without it looking incomplete if you were lacking a few of the sets would be great. I know it is wishful thinking none the less I would love it. I guess City is kind of like that now but I would like actual connection points to add to the set making them seamlessly fit together. 

Have you seen the Creator Expert Modulars?

Playing further along with @pombe's "pie-in-the-sky" wishlisting, I'd like to see an Art Deco Ocean Liner of a Rocketship from Lego, minifigure-scaled! :devil:

1930 ... Bad Drivers of the Stratosphere!

I see a lot of people saying that they don't like large themes. I would like to throw in my two bits. 

I am a teacher and I like the large sets because they make a good reward activity. e.g. "when you are done you can work on the . . . "

Right now they are working on Hogwarts. There was a scale truck, the one with the crane, that actually took over one and a half years of reward work activity. They did get it finished though (now I am trying to make it go straight using the EV-3 controller, a gyro-sensor, and the medium motor controlling the steering).

One thing I like, for my particular situation, is module based instructions. That way one student can be working on the dragon, another on the main hall, another on the . . . I am sure you get the point.

Yes, my need is different than most, but it is something I look for.

Over 7541 pieces?

Architecture. Philadelphia City Hall. Also every purchaser gets their virginity back (just like with the UCS Falcon :tongue:). The end.

5 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Playing further along with @pombe's "pie-in-the-sky" wishlisting, I'd like to see an Art Deco Ocean Liner of a Rocketship from Lego, minifigure-scaled! :devil:

An ocean liner rocket ship?!?!?!  *huh*  In art deco style?!?!?!

Just creating the shape would be insane.  Not to mention being able to access the different levels inside for the play features and minifigure accommodations.

4 hours ago, pombe said:

An ocean liner rocket ship?!?!?!  *huh*  In art deco style?!?!?!

Just creating the shape would be insane.  Not to mention being able to access the different levels inside for the play features and minifigure accommodations.

Yep, it'd certainly be most titanic, though alternatively all those parts could be used instead to make a fleet of Retro Rocketship sets. Hmmm, hard decisions...

boomerstarkiller67: âBuck Rogers - Interplanetary Battle Fleet (1934) â

On 3/6/2019 at 11:16 AM, Johnny1360 said:

I know one thing I would rather see, instead of giant one and done sets, I would like to see more sets that can be combined to make a huge set. Something you could endlessly add onto without it looking incomplete if you were lacking a few of the sets would be great. I know it is wishful thinking none the less I would love it. I guess City is kind of like that now but I would like actual connection points to add to the set making them seamlessly fit together. 

Something like this would be cool for Welcome to Apocalypseburg! I was just thinking of how to expand it. 

On 3/6/2019 at 2:16 PM, Johnny1360 said:

Not just wishful thinking - look at the Harry Potter line. Hogwarts Great Hall and Hogwarts Whomping Willow fit your criteria pretty much exactly, with more rumored sets for this year to continue the expansion. Depending on how long the theme sticks around this time, one might very well end up with a castle that surpasses the Millennium Falcon, just composed of smaller segments that could be rearranged or omitted as they see fit.

21 minutes ago, tafkatb said:

Not just wishful thinking - look at the Harry Potter line. Hogwarts Great Hall and Hogwarts Whomping Willow fit your criteria pretty much exactly, with more rumored sets for this year to continue the expansion. Depending on how long the theme sticks around this time, one might very well end up with a castle that surpasses the Millennium Falcon, just composed of smaller segments that could be rearranged or omitted as they see fit.

It's also what they did waaaay back in the day with Hogwarts (and with Jabba's Palace) - except this time around the sets are much more slick in terms of countours, colours, minifigs, etc.

Just now, jimmynick said:

It's also what they did waaaay back in the day with Hogwarts (and with Jabba's Palace) - except this time around the sets are much more slick in terms of countours, colours, minifigs, etc.

Yeah, some of those sets were... not the greatest. I do hope the current line takes a cue from the early days in terms of set size, though - I'd like to see a few smaller vignettes that could fit in among the larger portions.

A UCS star destroyer would be nice to get, especially since the original stardestroyer is very expensive

Interesting comments from the lads. Certainly room is an issue,...not just for the models, but also for the boxes they come in. I guess I am lucky,...as I have a mancave (although its mainly devoted to another Hobby). So I do have space,...not infinite, but certainly some space. I guess once that is filled Ill have the same view as many here regarding big sets. 

On another note, I have noted in Aussie Ebay that there is a set (unknown theme) for pre-order retailing at $1000AUD and another Star Wars set for also $1000 AUD. Neither detail what the set is,...or how many pieces. In Australia Ninjago City retails for around $500-$800 one can only surmise this will be a big set,....even taking into account the increase mark up for a new release. Both sets have more than one seller.

Any guesses/info on what they may be??

Edited by PBRStreetgang

13 hours ago, PBRStreetgang said:

Any guesses/info on what they may be??

75252 was rumoured to be a 4782 piece SW set. I don't know if there's much evidence for that though, and that still wouldn't be enough to justify such a huge price.

Were those sets listed as being sold by TLG themselves, or by a second hand seller?

In regards to your original question, I'd like to see something a little more flexible for larger sets in the future. Perhaps a Creator Expert vehicle that could be converted into a smaller modular, or something like that, although I don't quite know how that would work considering the differences in the type of part used.

I would have speculated that a massive Hogwarts set could beat it, but the set didn't do it.

Next most likely in my eyes would be a big chunk of a Disney park, like some people brought up already. 

Otherwise, it'll be surpassed next time they want to push star wars even further.

The only thing that could get me to drop MF money would have been lotr, but that didn't take off enough to get recurring UCS style builds. I'd totally drop a small fortune on a UCS Pellenor fields battle, or a giant architecture-ish set modeled off the map of middle earth with mini builds of all the major locations.

Or, well, I'd probably also try to budget for a mega modular if they went even bigger than assembly square.

Edited by corasaur

On 5/10/2019 at 5:19 PM, corasaur said:

if they went even bigger than assembly square.

I doubt they would. Plus, modulars are normally released in January, so I doubt one would be listed already. Also, AS was special due to it being an anniversary set.

But I do wish it was a massive modular... :grin:

Edited by TheL390Man
Typo

On 5/11/2019 at 12:48 AM, TheL390Man said:

75252 was rumoured to be a 4782 piece SW set. I don't know if there's much evidence for that though, and that still wouldn't be enough to justify such a huge price.

Were those sets listed as being sold by TLG themselves, or by a second hand seller?

In regards to your original question, I'd like to see something a little more flexible for larger sets in the future. Perhaps a Creator Expert vehicle that could be converted into a smaller modular, or something like that, although I don't quite know how that would work considering the differences in the type of part used.

Thanks for the answer.

The listings were by retailer on Aussie Ebay, utilising the LEGO brand.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/pending-24/163659200239?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908105057%26meid%3D7574d475c75e4dc19edc9faf65910226%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D283468956602%26itm%3D163659200239&_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci%3Ab3cda202-751d-11e9-ad8e-74dbd1804a34|parentrq%3Aaec9879216a0ac1cc237ffa9ffd7c6bf|iid%3A1

Considering it's labelled 'pending 24' I wouldn't be surprised if that's is a temporary price, particularly since we haven't heard anything else about a set that size.

It also seems to be Australian specific, as it's listed as being from 'Miranda, NSW, Australia', and I couldn't find it on UK eBay.

I also couldn't find any links between TLG and the town of Miranda - the mystery deepens :grin:

I would like to see a Great Ball Contraption. Not necessarily an Akiyuki's huge set, but something smaller, with the possibility of being used both in loop or linked to another Gbc. The potential of this modular design could be endless, not to mention a hypothetical crossover with Mindstorms.    

16 minutes ago, astral brick said:

I would like to see a Great Ball Contraption. Not necessarily an Akiyuki's huge set, but something smaller, with the possibility of being used both in loop or linked to another Gbc. The potential of this modular design could be endless, not to mention a hypothetical crossover with Mindstorms.    

I cannot see it being a good seller though, not as one of LEGO's biggest sets. GBC are usually really well received at conventions, but I doubt the public really wants a single module or two. And the cost and size of a decent set-up at home is prohibitive for most, so even a theme of lots of modules is likely to be out of the question.

Also, I like the fact that GBC are owned by the community, rather than by LEGO. It would be awful if LEGO started to make official sets and changed community standards.

Problem with some of those huge sets is that they tend to be limited to a few retailers so harder to get 40-50% discounts on (online at least).

And I know I have a website to track the lowest ever prices for many webshops but the lowest ever listed doesn't always actually mean it was correctly listed/sold at that price.

Not all countries or areas have those big stores with lots of room for LEGO, we certainly don't have walmarts and target type stores around here and I am not in some rural area.

Edited by TeriXeri