Hi! I'm Viv, but I feel like it's appropriate to keep with my alias so I'll be going by toastergrl where and when it's appropriate.

I've kept some distance from LEGO communities since BIONICLE ended the first time, but I've had some good experiences recently and wanted to get back and involved again, and this site seemed like the best location to warm myself up again with. It's been difficult to get my hands on physical bricks since LEGO stopped being the go-to-gift, but I'm starting to explore building in the physical realm now that I have a bit of disposable income. (I'm *technically* an AFOL, but I guess it doesn't feel like it quite yet..?)

I'll admit my childhood sets were mostly constraction and its Technic-dependent predecessor (the oldest set I still own in complete built form is 8593-1 Makuta), but I have enough fondness for the standard brick to work well with it when I can. While the original was waaaaaaaay before my time, Classic Space is definitely one of my favoured themes nowadays and I'm enjoying the relatively cheap forays into expanding that with the TLM2 theme. Crossing my fingers that simple, elegant and angular stuff continues every now and again!

I currently have a reasonably successful LEGO Ideas project up and running, but I feel like it'd be a bit of a faux pa to link it in my intro topic, so I'll share it in the appropriate venue at a later date. Thanks for reading!

Edited by toastergrl

6 hours ago, toastergrl said:

Hi! I'm Viv, but I feel like it's appropriate to keep with my alias so I'll be going by toastergrl where and when it's appropriate.

I've kept some distance from LEGO communities since BIONICLE ended the first time, but I've had some good experiences recently and wanted to get back and involved again, and this site seemed like the best location to warm myself up again with. It's been difficult to get my hands on physical bricks since LEGO stopped being the go-to-gift, but I'm starting to explore building in the physical realm now that I have a bit of disposable income. (I'm *technically* an AFOL, but I guess it doesn't feel like it quite yet..?)

I'll admit my childhood sets were mostly constraction and its Technic-dependent predecessor (the oldest set I still own in complete built form is 8593-1 Makuta), but I have enough fondness for the standard brick to work well with it when I can. While the original was waaaaaaaay before my time, Classic Space is definitely one of my favoured themes nowadays and I'm enjoying the relatively cheap forays into expanding that with the TLM2 theme. Crossing my fingers that simple, elegant and angular stuff continues every now and again!

I currently have a reasonably successful LEGO Ideas project up and running, but I feel like it'd be a bit of a faux pa to link it in my intro topic, so I'll share it in the appropriate venue at a later date. Thanks for reading!

Welcome to Eurobricks, Viv.

I knew a Toastergirl in another life, in another world...

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

@leafan interesting... Were you a BZPower member too? It'd be interesting to see whether we might be the same one :P

Edited by toastergrl

8 hours ago, toastergrl said:

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

@leafan interesting... Were you a BZPower member too? It'd be interesting to see whether we might be the same one :P

Oh no it's just a coincidence. I'm talking about WoW :wink:

Fair enough! I have literally never touched WoW so good to have the origin clarified, your original wording just made me curious ^u^;