I designed and build this LEGO Store inspired by the largest LEGO Store in the world at Leicester square in London as I thought it was about time to add a LEGO Store to my modular collection of 22.

Ground floor:
Technic, City and on sale product shelves
Tube train photo opportunity with Royal Guard, William Shakespeare and the Queen
Tube train with tram driver and Charlie the Conductor
Two story high Big Ben with Constable, Detective and Judge
Brickley the Dragon
Welcoming by Lester
Counter with register and Lester polybags

1st floor
Friends, Duplo and other product shelves
Phone Box photo opportunity
Pick and Build wall
Play Table
Stair case with LEGO Logo history
View on the Big Ben and Brickley the Dragon,

2nd floor
Overall the modular has been designed to keep the amount of bricks as low as possible through the use of panels and large bricks. The 2nd floor is not a fully utilized floor to keep the brick count below the 3000 maximum.  It is designed to have optimal light conditions in the store through the use of more glass and contributes to the already open inside structure of the building. The roof has four studs on it so the store can easily be recognized as a LEGO store on satellite map images :)
If the brick count restriction would not apply I imagine the top floor could well be a shop for tea/coffee with cupcakes and a terrace to enjoy.

If it reaches 10.000 votes on LEGO Ideas but is not approved by LEGO I will publish a free building instruction and parts list. I have a Studio design and as you can see it can be build in real bricks. So please vote if you like it 1f642.png:)

LEGO Ideas:
https://ideas.lego.com/projects/e015f9c8-3faf-4308-b8ed-b5e09c6ebcef

High resolution Flick album:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/r53/albums/72157690132930563

A picture overview:

33391206048_f88c6060d8_c.jpg

47214949032_4774e93149_c.jpg

32325046727_e41dc83682_c.jpg

32325036267_dd9995fee8_c.jpg

33391185398_8e1c98e522_c.jpg

47215015142_73e461dbb9_c.jpg

33391111078_578dfb1070_c.jpg

46352450415_027a15c572_c.jpg

33391152198_9352c7ef4a_c.jpg

46543473014_765f6af32b_c.jpg

47214994732_d47e50b053_c.jpg

47214989632_a011fed7da_c.jpg

47214985822_8b6e364f80_c.jpg

32324975187_119c79c1b9_c.jpg

40302317083_ef81a226e8_c.jpg

33391122118_9a29fe9ae9_c.jpg

Free building instructions, decal sheet and parts list on Rebrickable:
https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-54534/BrickPolis/the-lego-store-leicester-square/

Edited by Berthil

WOW!!!!

the outside looks great!

the inside is looking Amazing!!!!

- the phonebooth and the train/counter steels the Show!

Love Love this!!!

Greetings!

That is brilliant. Having visited the Leicester Square store a few times it is instantly recognisable. The details are great. It would be a day one purchase for me if it was ever released.

Great looking build!! Love all the interior details (especially the tube train carriage and phone box!) and the exterior is pretty much perfect!! The "Lego stud" vents are a great touch!!

(I've never been to the real life store but hopefully one day...!!)

Thanks for sharing!!

Really nice build. Both outside and inside it is looking great. I saw only photos of the real store and this build is immediately recognizable.

This is beautiful, inside and out!  My favourite details are the stairs, glass panels in the roof, the tube trains and Big Ben!

Wonderful! I'm so glad you included all the details, such as the tube train and the dragon - but I also like the Sherlock Holmes figure representing the build by the front door. I seem to recall a massive queue outside the last time I swung by the West End.

Lovely build, great job.

1 hour ago, Kristel said:

This is beautiful, inside and out!  My favourite details are the stairs, glass panels in the roof, the tube trains and Big Ben!

Absolutely seconded. :wub_drool:  So easy and brilliant I wonder why TLC didn't make it the same way yet! :thumbup:

Just now, Holodoc said:

Absolutely seconded. :wub_drool:  So easy and brilliant I wonder why TLC didn't make it the same way yet! :thumbup:

Thanks all! I wondered why nobody had this idea before me, not only TLG :)
LEGO stores seem to be hot these days although that was not the reason I designed one, I just wanted a LEGO Store modular worthy of adding to my collection and didn't see one so far so made one myself :)

Edited by Berthil

Amazing representation of the Leicester Square store. The interior is wonderful. All of the small builds and minifigs add perfectly to the feel of the model. 

This makes me want to visit London just to see The Lego store! Really cool build and obvious I supported it! 

Thanks, also for the tip. I looked at that but it's not half a bird but a full bird so that means a hole in the wall to 'hide' the other half.
But who nows what TLG comes up with when it gets approved :)

Edited by Berthil

Thank you all for your kind remarks and LEGO Ideas votes so far, I see more support coming in now that the Leicester store is featered on the Eurobricks frontpage :thumbup:

Edited by Berthil

The only inaccurate detail from my one trip to this store is there is not enough people queuing outside the shop In the rain!

20 minutes ago, paul_delahaye said:

The only inaccurate detail from my one trip to this store is there is not enough people queuing outside the shop In the rain!

That's funny to read but not so funny for you at that time but at least you got to visit it :)

What also may be is deviating is the amount of children I have placed in the MOC. I've put in as much boys and girls that I had, I've read that mostly adults visit the shop :)

Nice build @Berthil, something else than the builds I usually see from you in technic forum, but equally great nontheless. Like you said, it's weird no-one has ever done a Lego shop modular, it's so obvious actually...

Edited by Rudivdk
Supported on ideas as well

2 hours ago, Rudivdk said:

Nice build @Berthil, something else than the builds I usually see from you in technic forum, but equally great nontheless. Like you said, it's weird no-one has ever done a Lego shop modular, it's so obvious actually...

I've seen plenty of Lego store modular MOCs, including on Lego Ideas, but usually they aren't based explicitly on a particular flagship store like this one (and thus have to make more improvisations to convert the typical Lego store layout to a full building's worth of content). This one does a great job of capturing the feel of the Leicester Square store even while taking some liberties with the layout to make it fit as a normal 32x32 corner modular.

Just now, Lyichir said:

I've seen plenty of Lego store modular MOCs, including on Lego Ideas, but usually they aren't based explicitly on a particular flagship store like this one (and thus have to make more improvisations to convert the typical Lego store layout to a full building's worth of content). This one does a great job of capturing the feel of the Leicester Square store even while taking some liberties with the layout to make it fit as a normal 32x32 corner modular.

Ah I overlooked the part about it being this specific reallife store that was not done before... my bad, no disrespect meant to all that actually did do a Lego store modular before...

Just now, Lyichir said:

Couldn't write it down better myself, thanks :)

This is extremely well done. Thank you for sharing it. I imagine this would've been quite the challenge to build so concisely.