11 hours ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

Ouch, that hurt... I thought/think I had captured the essential lines, but of course I may be a bit biased here. Here is another view that shows how the lines flow from back to front:

I agree on the roof being flat and the A-pillars being steep. I wanted the roof to be so strong (and formlocked) that you can lift the car with it. Which is possible, with hardly any flex in chassis. But that stiffness comes with the price of using straight beams in the roof and the 9L links for the A-pillars. I could have chosen looks over strength here, but for me that would have been the wrong compromise.

Seen from above the curves are indeed very well done. Also seen from the side there is the wave running from front to back. I guess my main issue is that when I think of Huayra, I think of a car with its cabin much to the front, a low nose and a massive section behind the cabin, which breathes power. That's what I miss in your replica.

Somehow my first judgement of a car from your hands focusses on its looks. I had high expectations and was a little disappointed. However the model is still very impressive. I love the suspension and the details around the engine. The suspension is not only very original, but it also matches the real car. And what you're saying about the roof adding to overall stiffness is right up my alley. It's just not something I expected here. So, sorry for my negative first response. This model is a great achievement and you're very generous to have put so much effort in a charity initiative.

I hope the auction is going to be a great success!

2 hours ago, pagicence said:

Is it possible for us to see a more detailed picture of the engine?

Something like this?

46750568904_4135481a42_c.jpg

1 hour ago, Didumos69 said:

Seen from above the curves are indeed very well done. Also seen from the side there is the wave running from front to back. I guess my main issue is that when I think of Huayra, I think of a car with its cabin much to the front, a low nose and a massive section behind the cabin, which breathes power. That's what I miss in your replica.

Somehow my first judgement of a car from your hands focusses on its looks. I had high expectations and was a little disappointed. However the model is still very impressive. I love the suspension and the details around the engine. The suspension is not only very original, but it also matches the real car. And what you're saying about the roof adding to overall stiffness is right up my alley. It's just not something I expected here. So, sorry for my negative first response. This model is a great achievement and you're very generous to have put so much effort in a charity initiative.

I hope the auction is going to be a great success!

Thanks

Simply mindblowing :wub_drool:

To me this is your best car yet - I love the colours and the lines (don't know and don't care whether or not they exactly match the actual car - I mean, who cares as long as it looks and works great?) and I'm still struggling to figure out how you managed to pack all those functions in there.

Major props to you and Clive for the laudable initiative :wub:

Edited by suffocation
IPA-fuelled typos

21 minutes ago, suffocation said:

Simply mindblowing :wub_drool:

To me this is your best car yet - I love the colours and the lines (don't know and don't care whether or not they exactly match the actual car - I mean, who cares as long as it looks and works great?) and I'm still struggling to figure out how you managed to pack all those functions in there.

Major props to you and Clive for the laudable initiative :wub:

Thank you my Friend. I don't drink anymore but if I were to start again I'd join you for that IPA :thumbup:

Another truly amazing MOC from you Jeroen. While I don't like the beams at the front, the rest of the model is immaculately designed. This is one of your best for sure.

The cause is also awesome and I hope you guys have great success with the auction!

As with most everyone else, I am in awe of this creation. You have done, as usual, a fantastic job recreating a vehicle, that although is not one of my favorites a great car none the less. The one thing I really like is the suspension system, so much so I think I will try it on a future moc. I am looking forward to seeing even more detailed pictures, especially the suspension setup. And that engine is just a work of art, in my opinion anyway. Great work and I hope it commands a price worthy of all the time and effort you have obviously put forth. In this day and age of everything being RC I am always glad to see cars such as this. 

1 hour ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Another truly amazing MOC from you Jeroen...  ...This is one of your best for sure.

I agree and not just because its something I'm involved with. I truly do believe that this one of Jeroens best if not THE best.

1 hour ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

The cause is also awesome and I hope you guys have great success with the auction!

Thank you very much. Fairy Bricks is such a fantastic charity. I hope our project raises a lot of money for them.

Thanks for sharing such a great moc, created for a great cause.  Wishing you and Grum all the best with the auction.

After looking at all pictures and the video my favourite part is the interior.  I think you have really gone above and beyond all of your previous builds in terms of attention to detail on the interior.  The seats look great, the blue center council with dual vents that stick out from what looks like a fender piece is ingenious.  I also like the unique steering column design (using pneumatic part) as well as the highly detailed dash build reminds me of the real car.  The steering wheel in white really pops against the blue round steering cap and is signature pagani.  The rear view mirror is a great detail as well.  

Outside the front beam with exposed holes I really like the looks of this car as well.   Congrats of a great moc.

3-AD92113-2227-40-EC-968-B-0834-D4718-F1

I’m pleased to say that the auction for this amazing model is now live Pagani Huayra Charity Auction

Please help us to raise as much money as possible for Fairy Bricks by bidding if you can. It really is a wonderful charity.

If you can’t bid please consider making a donation to Fairy Bricks. It doesn’t have to be much, every Pound, Euro, Dollar etc counts, so please donate what you can afford Donate Here

Thank you.

Edited by grum64
Photo Added

An awesome model for an awesome cause. I love every detail into this supercar! 

I wish you good luck for the auction, and hope you will earn as much money as you deserve.

Clive, do you know if Fairy Bricks accept actual Lego donations as well? I know it might sound stupid, but after 20+ years in Italy where donating to anything other than the Roman Catholic Church is hindered by light-years of slimy, slippery red tape, I like to prepare for the worst.

1 hour ago, grego18f said:

An awesome model for an awesome cause. I love every detail into this supercar! 

I wish you good luck for the auction, and hope you will earn as much money as you deserve.

That’s very kind. Thank you.

43 minutes ago, suffocation said:

Clive, do you know if Fairy Bricks accept actual Lego donations as well? I know it might sound stupid, but after 20+ years in Italy where donating to anything other than the Roman Catholic Church is hindered by light-years of slimy, slippery red tape, I like to prepare for the worst.

That’s a very good question and to be honest I don’t know what the answer is. I’ve emailed Fairy Bricks and will let you know when I hear back from them.

Just a gentle reminder that the auction for the Huayra is in its last few hours so if you want to bid but haven’t done so yet you’ve not got long left.

Remember, 100% of the money raised from this sale will go to the wonderful Fairy Bricks charity.

View Auction

The auction of the Huayra ended a couple of days ago and we've just had confirmation that the bid was a genuine one so are pleased, so very pleased to say that it sold for an amazing £1037. It's an incredible amount and thanks to Catawiki waiving their usual 9% fee every penny will be donated to Fairy Bricks. I’m not ashamed to say that as I watched the final 30 minutes or so of the auction I had tears in my eyes. 

Jeroen and I would like to thank those of you who made bids and in doing so helped increase the sale price.

Thank you also to all who helped promote this project on their websites, Youtube, social media etc,.

Finally, I must say a huge thank you to my partner in this project, Jeroen Ottens without whose extraordinarily kind offer to build a model for me this donation for Fairy Bricks wouldn’t have been possible. A kindness I’ll never be able to repay and a journey I'll certainly never forget.

Edited by grum64

7 hours ago, suffocation said:

You and Jeroes have done something wonderful :wub:

Thank you. We’re really grateful for your kind comments and support.

As I wrote before, this car has been an absolute delight to build and design. It was a huge pleasure to do. And I have to thank Grum for making this endeavor more than 'just another car' design, his suggestion to make this one for charity, his feedback on the design process in the past 11 months, his ability to get the extra drawings from Pagani himself and his efforts to spread the news of the auction across the web have made this all as succesfull as it turned out to be.

5 hours ago, KD123 said:

Congratulations on a successful auction for a great cause.

Thank you.

Congratulations on the sale!! That is a lot of money. If I had something to spend, I’d probably have bid on it. Too bad you won’t make instructions, because this one checks all the marks for a good moc to me. 

Also, I wondered why you used those yellow bits. But I saw a real Huayra few weeks ago. The “shock holders” are also yellow/goldish. The attention to detail is phenomenal here! 

4 hours ago, LvdH said:

Congratulations on the sale!! That is a lot of money. If I had something to spend, I’d probably have bid on it. Too bad you won’t make instructions, because this one checks all the marks for a good moc to me. 

Also, I wondered why you used those yellow bits. But I saw a real Huayra few weeks ago. The “shock holders” are also yellow/goldish. The attention to detail is phenomenal here! 

Thank you. One of the reasons I so much enjoyed designing this car is the attention to detail in the real car. I have tried to copy as much of these details in this design. I even used the old triangle pieces in the suspension, because they looked more like the cantilevers in the real car. When we did the 'guess the car by it's features' game before the reveal I almost couldn't use any close up photo of a feature, because almost everything looks unique and can only be found on a Pagani.

As for instructions, I am not saying they won't come, but it won't be any time soon I'm afraid. There are some unavailable parts in this design (like blue 1x7 thin liftarms for instance) that still come from my LEGO designer time stock. So I first want to make a new colourscheme with available parts. But strangely enough there are hardly any colourschemes (other than full white or full black which both are too boring I think) that work with the current panels and flexaxles...

Congratulations on the achievement of this wonderful project!
Everything about it is brilliant; involving Grum, the choice of the car to model, the involvement of Pagani, the modelling itself (Jeroen Ottens, you've outdone yourself!) and last but not least, the charity auction...

You both are amazing people, thank you for sharing this real-life fairy tale with us!

23 hours ago, 1980SomethingSpaceGuy said:

Congratulations on the achievement of this wonderful project!
Everything about it is brilliant; involving Grum, the choice of the car to model, the involvement of Pagani, the modelling itself (Jeroen Ottens, you've outdone yourself!) and last but not least, the charity auction...

You both are amazing people, thank you for sharing this real-life fairy tale with us!

:blush:  :blush: 

Edited by grum64