I really hope it's not the Huayra.  Those are special cars that need to be shared with more people :)

Aero flaps, Gullwing doors, and that suspension type? Sounds like it is going to be a Pagani. It will be nice to see another builder's take on that iconic supercar. Can't wait to see it. :wub:

I noticed the announcement/teaser video hasn't much views yet, about 800. I didn't use the feature before, but it was easy to share the video as a post on my YouTube channel. It might add a little to the visibility of this great initiative.

Perhaps others can do the same.

1 hour ago, Didumos69 said:

I noticed the announcement/teaser video hasn't much views yet, about 800. I didn't use the feature before, but it was easy to share the video as a post on my YouTube channel. It might add a little to the visibility of this great initiative.

Perhaps others can do the same.

Thank you very much. We need to make as many people as possible aware of the auction and your posting of the teaser video to your YouTube channel will certainly help us do that. Thanks again.

Edited by grum64
Typo. Spelling.

Shoot me an email or message and let me know when you start the auction and I'll share it on my Facebook page.. I only have like 4,000 people that follow it, but it's better than nothing.. I can also share it on the Fan Technic page that has 30,000 members..

I have a new project cooking for my annual charity auction this summer..

Are you doing this auction through Ebay..?

1 hour ago, Paul Boratko said:

Shoot me an email or message and let me know when you start the auction and I'll share it on my Facebook page.. I only have like 4,000 people that follow it, but it's better than nothing.. I can also share it on the Fan Technic page that has 30,000 members..

I have a new project cooking for my annual charity auction this summer..

Are you doing this auction through Ebay..?

That's very kind of you. Thank you.

The full reveal of the car will be here on Eurobricks this Sunday, the 24th.

I'll drop you a message with the link to the auction, which is being hosted by Catawiki, once it goes live on 19th April.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with for your Summer charity auction.

Thanks again Paul :thumbup:

Edited by grum64
Text correction

Hi,

As some of you have guessed correctly it is indeed a Pagani Huayra. It has a BC livery:

33578686448_d68ffa9367_b.jpg

Since I have said most about it I'll just let the photos speak for themselves:

33578686368_b9a67c75f2_b.jpg

46731880254_ab8fe81e1c_b.jpg

46731880144_e629bc0d6c_b.jpg

32513262607_b270f7a478_b.jpg

46731880024_7e81cee219_b.jpg

of course there is also a video:

The actual auction will start on April 19th on Catawiki

Amazing vehicle.

I don't understand how you managed to get all the functions in...

Love the detailed engine, the curves. Nice!

Amazing! Bravo Jeroen and Clive for this excellent initiative. Respect to both of you! Also great that Pagani supports this auction ...

Now let’s hope that a Pagani owner participates in the auction and drives up the price of this fabulous model!

Edited by WvG_853
Correction of typos

I think that you did a fine job with a rather difficult car. One question though, where is the video demonstration of the shifting/gearbox functions?

Hope that you raise a lot of money!

On 3/22/2019 at 12:00 PM, KD123 said:

I really hope it's not the Huayra.  Those are special cars that need to be shared with more people :)

They are very special indeed and now you’ve the chance to buy your very own :wink:

4 hours ago, captainmib said:

I don't understand how you managed to get all the functions in...

Nor do I and I received almost daily photos of the build progress. All I know is Jeroen first contacted me almost a year ago so it’s been in development for a long while during which time he spent many, many hours trying to cram in the functions he wanted to include. To be honest I was a little sceptical he’d fit them all in but to his credit he did just that.

2 hours ago, WvG_853 said:

Amazing! Bravo Jeroen and Clive for this excellent initiative. Respect to both of you! Also great that Pagani supports this auction ...

Now let’s hope that a Pagani owner participates in the auction and drives up the price of this fabulous model!

Thank you. Pagani UK have been absolutely brilliant. They’ve supported the project from the day the decision to build the Huayra was made. A big, big thank you to Christine and all at Pagani UK.

As for an owner bidding/buying it, that’d be great.

Dang. I’m thoroughly impressed. The shaping is very nice on the eyes, my only complaint is front beams exposed at the front. Regarding the functions, definitely not sure how all that fit into a 1:10 scale design with such limited spacing due to the exterior shaping. I second that the gearbox functions need to be shown on video. I’m not a fan of any Pagani cars in real life, but you’ve managed to capture the whole thing so well! It’s a real shame others can’t build it, but very good of you to put it to a good cause. I might be going out on a limb but I Believe this is your best design. HOF worthy.

33 minutes ago, Lox Lego said:

I might be going out on a limb but I Believe this is your best design. HOF worthy.

I might be biased but I agree completely.

If I'm honest, I'm not sure if I like the white bodywork. It looks like it sits very high off the ground, almost like a buggy. This is probably because of the black bottom edge. It also looks like there's a bend in the middle, between the two white 5x11x2 panels. I'm not sure about the mix between panels on the side, and flex axles above the wheels. Also, with the black rims, the wheels are a large black area with nothing to break the blackness, which makes the wheelarches look even bigger than they already are. (too big wheel arches are a known problem in Technic cars that's very hard to solve) A colored line on the rim, as with the Bugatti, would have broken the blackness of the wheel areas. Most of the problem, I think, is caused by the black underside + rims, the dark shadows, and the lighting in the video. But it might also be just me needing some time to get used to the bodywork.

The other thing I'm not sure about is the windcreen and side windows. The real car probably has curved windows, and because these are understandably left out, it feels like something is missing; especially on the side view. Maybe you could have taken the approach of Jurgen Krooshoop's Koenigsegg, which uses a beam through the center of the windscreen.

----

Other than those two bits, everything looks stunning. For me the problem only occurs in the side view; I love the front and rear views. I really like the color scheme with its 2 tones of blue, and how the dark-blue is rather subtle together with the black. The blue is used best on the rear I think. I also really like how the whole car opens up, so that only a rather bare-bones frame remains, with all the technical bits and freebles exposed. All the engine detailing is brilliant, the usage of gold pieces there. The rear window part with all the angles to create the round shape is very well done. Also, the interior looks splendid, and the adjustable seats are a really nice bonus. How are these powered?

The coolest function to me are those flaps that move along with the steering. Brilliant, and must have been a real head scratcher to design. Overall it looks like a brilliant model, both technically and aesthetically. Well done and thanks for making this!

Wow Jeroen. That’s a beauty :wub: I am very impressed with the bodywork and functionality. 

Thanks everybody for the feedback.

@Erik Leppen: The black vs white makes it hard for me to photograph it. I either overexpose the white or loose detail in the black :sick:. I'll be moving to a new house in a few months in which I will get a bigger workshop with a proper lighting setup for the photographs. Hopefully that will help. I agree that it is a bit too dark. In fact, there is a rather subtle curve in the rear diffusor that is now completely invisible in the photos :cry_sad:. The chairs are operated with the 12T gears behind them (you can see them quite clear in the engine shot). For me the looks of the Huayra took time to get used to. At first I didn't like it too much with the steep nose and windscreen, but it has grown a lot on me since then.

@Lox Lego: Thanks for the kind words. I agree that the exposed holes in the front are a bit distracting. I tried covering them up with tiles, but that also didn't look right, so that's why I opted for the bare-bones technic look.

@Meatman & @Lox Lego: Showing a gearbox in a manual model is bit difficult with an engine that is completely covered. It is especially hard when you don't want to see any hands in the video like I do (I made that a rule for myself). So in the end I dropped that function from the video.

To be honest I also don't know how I got all the functions in. During the design process everything just sort of fell into place. The aeroflaps for instance where pretty late in the process added (even though I knew that I wanted them in from the start). I looked at the chassis at that time (which already had the gearbox, the chairs, the suspension setup and the adjustable rideheight in) and there was a continuous line through the underside of the car that could be used to route two axles through (on either side of the car). The most difficult part of that was the lever mechanism at the back. It has an extra cantilever there.

@efferman: Thank you for the design of the rims. Now you know where they are for :classic:

7 hours ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

@Meatman & @Lox Lego: Showing a gearbox in a manual model is bit difficult with an engine that is completely covered. It is especially hard when you don't want to see any hands in the video like I do (I made that a rule for myself). So in the end I dropped that function from the video.

Understood.I just think that if you want to get the most out of this as you can that showing off everything that it has would be a key factor. It's great showing some functions working while not showing your hand, but it also gives the illusion that it is remote controlled, which could cause you some grief if your top bidder thinks that he or she is getting something that they are not.

I let this sink in for a day. The functions are great, but I really can't get excited about the looks. There are a few details that remind me of a Huayra, like the headlights, the tail lights and the exhausts, but when I look at the whole concept, it's essential lines, I don't recognize the Huayra in it. Apart from that, when this would have been a free style model, to me the model would appear quite ugly actually. Things that hit my eyes almost instantly: there is nothing resembling the wind screen. The A-pillars, which are too steep in themselves, suggest a very steep and flat wind screen. The roof is flat and almost seems to lean forward, where it should lean backward. The cabin profile, seen from the front, is too blocky. The seats are too small. The hood rises too high, before it drops towards the wind screen and the hood is also too high compared to the rear fenders / rear section. The side section behind the cabin is massive in the original and imo one of the Huayra's distinguishing aspects and I miss that in this replica. To me the whole thing looks messy, especially when I compare this to other models from your hand, like the Astin Martin DB9 Volante or the Ferrari 458 Spider. In my perception this is definitely not your best work.

Pagani Huayra for charity

Still appreciate this great initiative and I hope the auction will be a great success!

Edited by Didumos69

39 minutes ago, Didumos69 said:

There are a few details that remind me of a Huayra, like the headlights, the tail lights and the exhausts, but when I look at the whole concept, it's essential lines, I don't recognize the Huayra in it.

+1

15 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

There are a few details that remind me of a Huayra, like the headlights, the tail lights and the exhausts, but when I look at the whole concept, it's essential lines, I don't recognize the Huayra in it.

Still appreciate this great initiative and I hope the auction will be a great success!

Ouch, that hurt... I thought/think I had captured the essential lines, but of course I may be a bit biased here. Here is another view that shows how the lines flow from back to front:

46554365875_cd4c43a433_b.jpg

I agree on the roof being flat and the A-pillars being steep. I wanted the roof to be so strong (and formlocked) that you can lift the car with it. Which is possible, with hardly any flex in chassis. But that stiffness comes with the price of using straight beams in the roof and the 9L links for the A-pillars. I could have chosen looks over strength here, but for me that would have been the wrong compromise.