Thank you for your suggestions as to what the model is. They’ve all been very different, but are any correct? All will be revealed on the 24th so set a reminder on your calendar. Between now and then Jeroen will be giving you a few more clues so please keep posting your suggestions.

A big thank you to Jeroen for posting the clues. I’d have happily done it but we all know what that would have meant  :wink:.

something  :sweet:

As any technic supercar this one has independent suspension on all wheels. It is not a conventional double wishbone with a spring in between though. Instead front and rear suspension is done with cantilevered springs. This way the springs are brought more inside the car and the bodywork can sit closer to the wheels.

The rear diff is an old style diff because that is just a little lower than the new ones, plus it made it easier to mount the gearbox transversely, like in the real car.

On 3/10/2019 at 8:42 PM, grum64 said:

Thank you for your suggestions as to what the model is. They’ve all been very different, but are any correct?

I would like to think that you got Jeroen to the point that he created a model of 'gandalf'... :wink:

But that doesn't add up with the clamshell hood or the rearaxle gearbox...

Edited by Rudivdk
It does add up with the number of 8speeds in the gearbox being incorrect though...

1 hour ago, Rudivdk said:

I would like to think that you got Jeroen to the point that he created a model of 'gandalf'... :wink:

But that doesn't add up with the clamshell hood or the rearaxle gearbox...

A model of my Gandalf complete with access mods would be brilliant.

Thank you for another clue/feature Jeroen. That’s a detail even I haven’t seen yet :wink:.

Not only is the model going to be auctioned. Grum also reached out to the manufacturer to ask if they would like to sponsor the auction. They responded by sending us two 1:2 scale computer drawings of the actual car. Signed by the designer himself...

46682564834_730f6d5f2c_n.jpg

The little scribble on the right of the drawing is part of his signature.

Feature of the day: opening trunk. Also with a kneejoint mechanism similar to the hood.

So ... it is Pagani ... looks like Horcio's signature ...

Are you working on Huayra ?

Pagani-Huayra-Design-Sketch-01-720x540.j

21 hours ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

Not only is the model going to be auctioned. Grum also reached out to the manufacturer to ask if they would like to sponsor the auction. They responded by sending us two 1:2 scale computer drawings of the actual car. Signed by the designer himself...

46682564834_730f6d5f2c_n.jpg

The little scribble on the right of the drawing is part of his signature.

Feature of the day: opening trunk. Also with a kneejoint mechanism similar to the hood.

I envy you :sick:... The suspension picture already shows that the car is jam packed with sophisticated functions. So let us know the details soon.

1 hour ago, brunojj1 said:

I envy you :sick:... The suspension picture already shows that the car is jam packed with sophisticated functions. So let us know the details soon.

You’re right about the car being jam packed with features. Personally I think it’s Jeroen’s best work.

As for details. Jeroen will be posting a few more clues between now and the 24th when the car will be revealed so ‘watch this space’ :sweet:

I love this little guessing game. With every clue I'm a bit more confused. And I like the misfires of other members as well.

31 minutes ago, pagicence said:

I love this little guessing game.

Me too  :sweet:

Edited by grum64

I like what I’m seeing, even if it’s just 2 teasers. I can’t wait to see the full car!

I'm not really into cars (much prefer big yellow machines) but this is intriguing, I'll hold off on my suggestion.

I am interested to see this car.  What era does this car originate from??

38 minutes ago, Pvdb said:

What era does this car originate from??

I don’t want to risk giving the game away by being too specific so I'll just say between 1886 and the present day  :wink:

@Pvdb: The next feature will give you a clue on the era of the car.

The front wheels are equipped with a ride-height adjustment mechanism. It is controlled from the dashboard with a 12T gear and it uses another kneejoint mechanism (using the crankshaft piece) to ensure that the forces of the suspension are neatly led directly to the chassis and not as a torque in the adjustment mechanism's axles.

40463248103_16ab972bfc_n.jpg

Final features before the reveal:

Gullwing doors and aeroflaps at the front and the back of the car.

The gullwing doors have spring mechanism that locks the doors in place when opened and when closed.

The aeroflaps are operated when the car is steering. When you steer left the left flaps move up. When you steer right, the right flaps move up.

46524544995_9fc5e47ffe_n.jpg

14 minutes ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

The aeroflaps are operated when the car is steering. When you steer left the left flaps move up. When you steer right, the right flaps move up.

You could have entered the aircraft competition :wink:

2 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

You could have entered the aircraft competition :wink:

:sweet: :sweet: :sweet:

Not long to wait now :classic:

pagani-huayra-video.jpg

Pagani Huayra ...

2 hours ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

Final features before the reveal:

Gullwing doors and aeroflaps at the front and the back of the car.

The gullwing doors have spring mechanism that locks the doors in place when opened and when closed.

pagani-huayra-video.jpg

Pagani Huayra ...