My Fellow Eurobrickers

I’ve been a member of Eurobricks for almost 9 years. That’s 9 years of me rambling on about something I’m building or leaving less than imaginative comments about other people’s. Oh how time flies when you’re having fun.

I’ve said many times that Eurobricks is the friendliest place on the ‘net and I stand by that (OK, so stand wasn’t the best choice of words but sit just didn’t sound right :wink:). In my time here I’ve made many good friends and have received a great deal of support and much kindness.

One such act of kindness came from Jeroen Ottens who contacted me a few months ago with what can only be described as an extraordinary offer. To design and build a model of my choosing. To say I was blown away is an understatement. As it came completely out of the blue and because for the life of me I couldn’t think what I’d done to warrant such an offer I dismissed it as a hoax but after an exchange of messages Jeroen convinced me the offer was indeed genuine.

After a great deal of thought and knowing the enormous amount of time & effort that would be involved, I declined the offer. It was simply too much. Jeroen however, wouldn’t take no for an answer so I decided that this most unexpected offer, so very generous in its giving, could be made to benefit more than just myself so I said yes but on condition that the completed model be auctioned and 100% of the proceeds be given to the Fairy Bricks charity. Jeroen agreed. For those that don’t know, Fairy Bricks is a wonderful charity that raises money to enable them to buy LEGO sets and donate them to children’s hospices and hospitals. You can find out more about them here: www.fairybricks.org

All this was several months and many, many emails ago but I’m pleased to say that the design & building of the model is now complete. I think it’s a beautiful build and something Jeroen should be very proud of.

The auction is now live Pagani Huayra BC Charity Auction

3-AD92113-2227-40-EC-968-B-0834-D4718-F1

Edited by grum64
Typo

Let me chime in from my side. Over the years I really enjoyed the 'ramblings' of Grum, but even more the positive and cheerful attitude to life that are shining through his posts. When he finished the BWE I decided I wanted to give something back that was more than just another encouraging post. Hence my offer. I already suspected that he would decline my offer, as he did. But my stubborness on this matched his when he is plowing through his builds. So we ended up in a compromise where I would build something for charity of his choosing.

The model was an absolute joy to design. It has been one of the most satisfying designs I have ever done. It is packed with features and then some and it is highly detailed. To say I got carried away with this design is bit of an understatement, but I loved every minute of it. To give you a taste what is on the table you can watch this short teaser video:

Leg godt,

Jeroen

EVERYTHING about this initiative and the people/charity involved IS AWESOME!!!

Be careful... not I but with capture method and photoshop we can have a picture :laugh: , maybe enough good to talk for a couple pages more, you never know :wink: .

On further review I have no clue what this is.  

Edited by KD123

From what I can infer, you are both exceptionally talented and kind-hearted individuals!  Wonderful that our hobby allows such things to happen...

@Didumos69: Nope, no Corvette

So, let me help you guys a bit. I'll release a feature of this model every other day until someone guesses the right make and model. I'll start with the most common features and end with the most special ones.

Feature 1, not surprisingly : opening hood

It is worth mentioning that the hood has a knee-joint mechanism, so that once you open the hood it automatically stays open until you push against the knee-joint to release it. And I think the hood is called a clamshell hood, allthough I wouldn't know what the exact definition is of a clamshell hood.

Only a hand full of cars have clamshell hood. I'm going to say Jaguar D-Type. Here's why: the curves over the wheels remind me of an e-type, but they are slightly bigger, more pronounce.

Edited by pagicence

29 minutes ago, pagicence said:

Only a hand full of cars have clamshell hood. I'm going to say Jaguar D-Type. Here's why: the curves over the wheels remind me of an e-type, but they are slightly bigger, more pronounce.

I also had e-type on my mind, but you could be right there about d-type

5 hours ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

@Didumos69: Nope, no Corvette

So, let me help you guys a bit. I'll release a feature of this model every other day until someone guesses the right make and model. I'll start with the most common features and end with the most special ones.

Feature 1, not surprisingly : opening hood

It is worth mentioning that the hood has a knee-joint mechanism, so that once you open the hood it automatically stays open until you push against the knee-joint to release it. And I think the hood is called a clamshell hood, allthough I wouldn't know what the exact definition is of a clamshell hood.

Could it maybe be a Vulcan?

It is always nice to read stories like this.  I have no idea what the supercar is but I look forward to seeing it.

Have the both of you considered making instructions and selling those instead of the actual vehicle?  Much more work but it may yield much more money for charity in the long run.

Toyota 2000GT?

So, time for the next clue:

The two seats are adjustable. There are two 12T HoG's located behind the seats that operate the seats, so they can move forward and backward and tilt the rest.

Since I'll be away this weekend here are two more features:

This model features a 8D-N-R sequential gearbox. The shifter mechanism can be moved left (R), middle (N) and right (D). When it is right (D) you can also move the shifter forward and backward to shift up and down. There is also a HoG gearshifter. The stepper mechanism is based on the improved Porsche mechanism of @Didumos69. Those who think they know which car it is already also can check that the actual number of gears is incorrect.

The gearbox is connected to a highly detailed V12 engine with a system-bricks based crankshaft and axle-pistons (same size as the Mack and the Corvette).