Vilhelm22

Press Release: Creator Expert 10269 Harley-Davidson Fat Boy

On 6/28/2019 at 2:48 AM, Seasider said:

Just seen @Sariel is saying on His YouTube channel 9th July for his review of an undisclosed Creator Vehicle 

Watch this space!

On 6/27/2019 at 7:18 PM, Seasider said:

Just seen @Sariel is saying on His YouTube channel 9th July for his review of an undisclosed Creator Vehicle 

Which may very well be related to this thread :) The review goes live 3PM CET on July 9th.

20 hours ago, Sariel said:

Which may very well be related to this thread :) The review goes live 3PM CET on July 9th.

CAN'T WAIT!

Mark your calendars!

Meh... The motor looks pretty good, but apart from that everything seems too bulky and the rims look toy-like. I don't see any chromed or pearl silver pieces either, everything's just gray.

Edited by Graupensuppe

I don't know enough about motorcycles to recognize the exact model offhand, but I searched around a bit and I think we're looking at a 2019 Fat Boy 107. Anyone more knowledgeable care to correct me or confirm?

Spoiler

16d74e27-9d61-404a-bb69-c804c364ddf6.jpg

1 minute ago, tafkatb said:

I don't know enough about motorcycles to recognize the exact model offhand, but I searched around a bit and I think we're looking at a 2019 Fat Boy 107. Anyone more knowledgeable care to correct me or confirm?

Reveal hidden contents

16d74e27-9d61-404a-bb69-c804c364ddf6.jpg

I'm not knowledgeable in Motorcycles, but visually, that model looks like a ditto in every respect! :thumbup: *huh*

Honestly, the set looks like a pretty damn sweet build in terms of construction and color scheme (yeah, no chrome or pearlescent parts, but I at least wasn't realistically expecting to see the former); but, no one here's mentioned those new wheels!!! Man, that's the highlight of the set here for me, as they're something builders like Vincent Gashod are totally gonna be exploiting for further Deco-Futuristic creations like this!!! :moar:

SL20 Streamliner

Plus, the new wheels definitely reminds me of the sorta rims seen on mid-90s Neo-Deco concept cars like the Chrysler Atlantic... :smug:

chrysler-atlantic-straight-8-concept-01.jpg

Saw the first pics and indeed the set is looking good, but I need to see more pics before I make a decision 

1 hour ago, BrickWild said:

Tomorrow, Sariel posts his own video of the new 10269 Harley! :excited:

Therefore, it's likely the set's official press release will either be within a couple hours from now or sometime tomorrow morning! :grin:

Couple of things I'd consider a con:

Lack of silver pieces - I can totally get behind not using chrome anymore, because the plating just comes off as the years go by, but it'd have been nice to have something shiny instead of the boring LBG.

The front fork is unusually fat when compared to the real thing (I really agree with you here @Sariel). I feel like going half a stud diameter thinner would've done the trick. I wonder if they tried that, but found it to be too wobbly.

Lastly, the body does seem too tall in comparison to the wheels, and it really shows when you compare it to the real model.

Other than that, for something made of Lego, the detail is really nice.

Edited by Bartybum

Lego did a very good job with the lighting on box shots. It almost looks like silver. But with a flat lighting, it just looks way to gray and boring, like in this video.

I guess you'll have to see it in real live.

And the POV speed build if you want to feel like you're building it :)

12 hours ago, hsousa said:

What about the trains :sadnew:

What about them? There have been plenty. This is the first motorcycle in the Creator Expert line; it's nice to see something different.

I agree that flat silver (as used on, say, the tin man axe in the LEGO Movie CMF series) would have looked a lot better than grey. But I suspect the large number of parts that would have needed to be made in that color (i.e. that aren't currently in production in that color) made it unviable to make it in flat silver.

1 hour ago, jonwil said:

I agree that flat silver (as used on, say, the tin man axe in the LEGO Movie CMF series) would have looked a lot better than grey. But I suspect the large number of parts that would have needed to be made in that color (i.e. that aren't currently in production in that color) made it unviable to make it in flat silver.

That may indeed be case, although it doesn’t explain why the Mustang didn’t have any silver pieces when it too should have. From what I can tell, silver isn’t really a difficult colour to produce, and Lego can definitely do it en-masse; just look at Bionicle.

I suspect it may just be lame cost cutting.

Edited by Bartybum

Oooooh, not only does this set comes with a Dark Red recolor of the 3x3x2 Quarter Dome (part no. 88293), but also Dark Red recolors of both the left and right Angled 3x3 Slope bricks that were newly introduced this year (part no. 42862/48165)! :excited:

New Elementary - LEGO® CREATOR EXPERT REVIEW: 10269 HARLEY-DAVIDSON FAT BOY

review-harley-davidson-fat-boy-lego-creator-10269NE_HDFB_Recolours_NewDarkRed.jpg

I know what I'll get for this years birthday present for myself.

Wallet, stop screaming!