Vilhelm22

Press Release: Creator Expert 10269 Harley-Davidson Fat Boy

Am I the only one that thinks they missed a great opportunity with trains this year?? We got the 150th anniversary of the Transcontinental Railroad in the USA, along with the restoration with the 4014 Big Boy, who will be making the trek to Utah with the 844 this spring. I feel like they could've made those, or either the Jupiter or No. 119.

16 hours ago, legonerd54321 said:

Am I the only one that thinks they missed a great opportunity with trains this year??

Unfortunately trains are such a niche market that LEGO seems only to be able to add them when there is a tyin with some other property.  I think to get scale models we are going to have to rely on third parties like BMR and Brickmania.

On 3/11/2019 at 2:40 PM, pirzyk said:

Unfortunately trains are such a niche market that LEGO seems only to be able to add them when there is a tyin with some other property.  I think to get scale models we are going to have to rely on third parties like BMR and Brickmania.

Which is a shame because I always like to see what TLG comes up with in 6 wide. I can't get along with 7, 8 or even 10 wide trains. They may be more real scale, but that's not what Lego is about to me. It's about seeing what's possible with the bricks you have; And Lego never usually fail to impress with the trains. I have really enjoyed all but the very latest City trains. Mostly because I think they're not that great value yet for what you get, but that may change if I pick one up on sale.

The Emerald night was fantastic for its time. Amazing considering what they were able to achieve with the pieces they used, and in 6 wide! Well, not quite, but the build scale was 6 wide.

If they do grace us with a new train, I expect to be impressed!

9 minutes ago, Technicallism said:

10269 is Harley Davidson Motorcycle, marks my words!

1st August

not speculation, from reliable source

So, all you know so far is that it's a HD motorcycle? Any other specifics? :oh:

On 3/24/2019 at 10:07 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

So, all you know so far is that it's a HD motorcycle? Any other specifics? :oh:

Nope... just this info i have

Not for now, maybe i will have more detail on June

A Harley Davidson! Interesting if true, considering that the previous LEGO Harley-Davidson Motorcycle was part of the Hobby Set subtheme in the 1970s, which, with its emphasis on constructing advanced, large-scale brick built models of specific real-world subjects, could arguably be considered a great-grandpappy of the Creator Expert range.

That said, I hope it wouldn't become a trend for more than one of the extremely limited slots for Creator Expert sets per year started to go towards licensed vehicle sets, as opposed to either a return for the Landmarks series, trains, or even experimental launch of a new subtheme entirely! After all, I doubt we'd have gotten exciting new series like the Creator Expert Fairground sets if LEGO had been more interested in increasing the number of sets per year in the Modular Building series, Winter Village series, or others likewise already established. In a theme so incredibly small, one set per series per year (or even one every few years in some of the more niche or expensive series) would appear to leave more room for experimentation.

Any motorcycle enthusiasts here who would know if there's any sort of new model Harley Davidson coming out, anniversary relevant to the Harley Davidson brand, etc that would explain the choice to release a set like that this year specifically?

2018 was the 115th anniversary so I’m not sure it’s anything specific.  I wonder if they’re planning a customizable bike similar to the mustang.

On 3/25/2019 at 12:25 AM, Technicallism said:

1st August

I think you're very clever! ;-)

On 3/24/2019 at 1:55 PM, Technicallism said:

1st August

Unfortunately several leaks on Instagram seem to back this up. That being said, its all hearsay at this point. I have to say that I'm sorely disappointed with the vehicle choice if this is the case. Target market or not.

9 hours ago, Toxic43 said:

Unfortunately several leaks on Instagram seem to back this up. That being said, its all hearsay at this point. I have to say that I'm sorely disappointed with the vehicle choice if this is the case.

I'm in exactly the same position as you. I basically started this thread to find out whether or not it was a train or car or something I don't want. I collect the cars, and I came to trains just too late for the Horizon Express. I really really hoped this would be a train, and now it's not. TLG had disappointed me again with trains, as it does every year. We can only hope that the rumours are all wrong, and if they're right, that there will be one next year.

12 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

I'm in exactly the same position as you. I basically started this thread to find out whether or not it was a train or car or something I don't want. I collect the cars, and I came to trains just too late for the Horizon Express. I really really hoped this would be a train, and now it's not. TLG had disappointed me again with trains, as it does every year. We can only hope that the rumours are all wrong, and if they're right, that there will be one next year.

Same here. Just missed the Horizon Express as my Son wasn't born until after it was retired. He's nearly 5 now and really into trains so of course we now have a full set (at aftermarket prices... ouch). I so really wanted this to be a train. We're overdue one. 2009, 2011 and 2013 all great train sets, and since then? Nothing. Winter Holiday Train doesn't count IMHO. It's no Emerald Night, Maersk or HE that's for sure.

That being said, I can understand why it's not a train this time around. The Winter Holiday train is still on shelves along with the station. The station was released after the train, and they won't retire the train before the station now. No, they'll retire them together, which extends the shelf life of the Holiday train by at least a year. Plus the fact that they get trotted out at Christmas time only means that length of shelf life is artificially extended again. There simply won't be another train in the Creator Expert line as long as the Winter Holiday train is still on shelves. I'll be watching for this one to retire with a mixture of glee, and worry. Glee because once it's gone there could be another Creator Expert train along as soon as the year after. Also I worry, because there may never be another train in this line ever again considering how the last true release was almost 7 years ago and Lego don't seem to put any effort into, or have faith in the sales of, trains any more.

On 3/28/2019 at 6:18 AM, Toxic43 said:

Unfortunately several leaks on Instagram seem to back this up. That being said, its all hearsay at this point. I have to say that I'm sorely disappointed with the vehicle choice if this is the case. Target market or not.

I must say, I would be thrilled to have a motorcycle in the lineup. It would add something new to the Creator Expert line instead of just another car.

Also, what profile for the Instagram leaks?

3 minutes ago, Magical Duck said:

Also, what profile for the Instagram leaks?

I don't know I'm afraid. I don't have an Instagram account. I just Google search "Lego leak Instagram" and look at the feed. There are multiple sources citing a Harley Davidson in the creator line. 

A Harley Davidson would be great (mostly since it would be one less thing to suck my wallet dry, bikes aren't my thing :)

On 3/28/2019 at 7:18 AM, Toxic43 said:

I mean, keep in mind that unless leaks turn up revealing details that haven't been shared here, they may just be repeating rumors from this very thread.

On 4/6/2019 at 2:41 PM, Aanchir said:

I mean, keep in mind that unless leaks turn up revealing details that haven't been shared here, they may just be repeating rumors from this very thread.

That's a very good point. I may have just perpetuated the old Internet feedback loop a bit!

13 hours ago, Dragunov2 said:

I even didn't find a pic of this leak!!!

I don't think there are any leaked pics. Just text as an image stating it will be a Harley Davidson Set.

2 hours ago, incognito said:

I don't think there are any leaked pics. Just text as an image stating it will be a Harley Davidson Set.

TLG hates leaks!
Just leave everything else to time!