Vilhelm22

Press Release: Creator Expert 10269 Harley-Davidson Fat Boy

if it IS a train, maybe they'll make a black Alpine region/German locomotive with red wheels to harken back to older sets. Maybe a motorisable 2-6-0 and 2 coaches?

Why are people assuming something related to space? "Aerospace", to me, suggests some sort of plane, which I feel would be pretty nice since we haven't had a Creator Expert plane since 2012's Sopwith Camel.

Well, if it does turn out to be a train................................!

I am financially prepared to throw money at my computer screen.

:)

1 hour ago, M_slug357 said:

Well, if it does turn out to be a train................................!

I am financially prepared to throw money at my computer screen.

:)

Agreed ?

4 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Why are people assuming something related to space? "Aerospace", to me, suggests some sort of plane, which I feel would be pretty nice since we haven't had a Creator Expert plane since 2012's Sopwith Camel.

Well, like I had suggested earlier...

On 3/3/2019 at 8:26 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

That is slightly concerning if we are to presume that will be the case; but, if we were to presume this "vehicle" set is still a rerelease of a past set (other than the Emerald Night), perhaps it's of one that had less than 1023 pieces. So, what if it's a remake of 10024 Red Baron, in the same way 2001's 3451 Sopwith Camel with 574 pieces was remade in 2012 with 883 pieces? :shrug_confused:

5 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Excellent idea - one of my favourite locomotives ever, with 6 still remaining (1 in the US, 1 in Canada, and 4 in the UK).  It’s also got amazing streamlining.

I'd also love to see any sort of American "Steamliner" from the 1930's. :excited:

The_Mercury_1936.jpg

7 hours ago, Dragunov2 said:

I have four trains now, all Powered Up, so keep them coming!

Ah, but will it now have steering? ?

This next will be another iconic english car, revisited in a modern way. Such as the old/new London cab (but that's not it).

22 minutes ago, carlo.fadel said:

This next will be another iconic english car, revisited in a modern way. Such as the old/new London cab (but that's not it).

Source? :shrug_confused:

12 hours ago, carlo.fadel said:

What is your source? If its teue I will be pissed so much! Hoped for train (secretely wished for remake of the EN).

Just now, Blazej_Holen said:

Hoped for train (secretely wished for remake of the EN).

I think we're all rooting for a train here! Emerald night remake would be awesome!

18 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Source? :shrug_confused:

Two italian dealers. Today has emerged a similiar rumor, about a Land Rover in the technic line. We'll see...

Just now, carlo.fadel said:

Today has emerged a similiar rumor, about a Land Rover in the technic line.

Huh, that's a particularly interesting rumor, as there've been at least a couple of Technic-constructed Land Rover projects on LEGO Ideas that achieved support over the years, yet were rejected in each of their respective reviews.

On 3/3/2019 at 9:48 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

True, though in the case of the Emerald Night (a set I don't own BTW), I've always noticed that the smoke deflectors in particular could use some streamlining with newer slope/bow parts:

I also see a lot of other ways they could reduce the piece count as well! The tender and locomotive alone could be reduced by 45 pieces just by swapping 90 small side-by-side pieces for bigger versions introduced since the original set's release (1x1 cheese slopes for 1x2s, 1x3 curved slopes for 2x3s, 1x4 tiles for 2x4s, etc). Never mind the possibility of removing parts that are included for the Power Functions conversion but are no longer needed with Powered Up due to it being much more System-friendly and not needing an separate receiver element. With a little creativity and some of the newer, more compact SNOT elements introduced over the past decade, they could even make it so the motor goes inside the boiler instead of the cab.

23 hours ago, Toxic43 said:

I think we're all rooting for a train here! Emerald night remake would be awesome!

I definitely agree with you (look at my profile picture!)!

Yes, the best LEGO steam train was the Emerald Night, the best cargo train was the Maersk Train, and the best passenger train was the Horizon Express.  I missed them all (just missed the HE) ?.  I’ve been hoping for another proper Expert train (winter holiday train doesn’t count) for 4+ years.

Just now, Vilhelm22 said:

I’ve been hoping for another proper Expert train (winter holiday train doesn’t count) for 4+ years.

Yep, I agree. It doesn't count. I just hope LEGO sees it that way, although I can see why they won't. I too have been waiting all this time for another, proper, creator expert train set. I managed to get the HE (two sets!) on the after market for around £350. It is lovely to see, display and have bombing around the modest track we have set up in the attic. Missed Emerald Night and the Maersk though. I had my first child in 2014 and he was way too small for LEGO at the time so we didn't really look into it. Almost 5 years later and the house now has special shelves and building areas just for LEGO only!

Back to the subject at hand though. Emerald Night seems like the obvious choice with the piece count being so close and the obvious newer piece choices available now that weren't in 2009. In my mind I can see all the pieces coming together (Figuratively and literally!) and the Emerald Night re release is going to be the one. I mean, the original was for the fans, by the fans right? And it's 10 year anniversary is this year. They brought the Taj Mahal out of the vault. Why not 10194?

And I, for one, would love nothing more than to see the aftermarket prices drop through the floor like the Taj did when they re released that!

On the other hand, I'm kind of expecting to be disappointed again like I am every year though.

Come on LEGO! I bought two Winter Holiday trains and two stations. I bought every City train going from 2010 onward and three 60050 stations! What do I have to do to get you to listen to the train fans?

On 3/4/2019 at 11:29 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, like I had suggested earlier...

I'd also love to see any sort of American "Steamliner" from the 1930's. :excited:

The_Mercury_1936.jpg

That train looks awesome, but if going for that style I would take a British LMS Coronation Class (6229 Duchess of Hamilton is the 1 remaining streamlined member of the class, located in York, UK at the National Railway Museum).  Then again, I’m British, so I’m nearly always in favour of my own country’s trains over others.

Edited by Vilhelm22

Speaking of motors, has there been any news about the PuP renditions of the L and xL motors?

While I really do want a re-release of the EN, I think it’d be excellent this time around if:

-It’s coach’s length is extended OR it comes with two coaches instead of one,

-It comes with some straights to display it on.

Just now, M_slug357 said:

-It’s coach’s length is extended OR it comes with two coaches instead of one,

-It comes with some straights to display it on.

An extra coach would be out of the question given the announced piece count, if it is indeed correct. I would also think that they wouldn't include straight track in the box. It would increase the price dramatically as you would need at least 6 lengths to display the loco, tender and coach. They would probably just skip that and concentrate more on the main build. The announced piece count is 1023 and the original Emerald Night was 1085. They sell a separate track pack with the prerequisite amount of straights required to put the train on. They'd probably just want to push sales of that.

29 minutes ago, Toxic43 said:

An extra coach would be out of the question given the announced piece count, if it is indeed correct. I would also think that they wouldn't include straight track in the box. It would increase the price dramatically as you would need at least 6 lengths to display the loco, tender and coach. They would probably just skip that and concentrate more on the main build. The announced piece count is 1023 and the original Emerald Night was 1085. They sell a separate track pack with the prerequisite amount of straights required to put the train on. They'd probably just want to push sales of that.

As someone who had no trains previously, I remember complaining about the Hogwarts train not coming with track pieces for display. Everyone quickly defended LEGO's decision to do so and quite frankly made me feel foolish for asking. So I bought a track pack for $12.99 and used 4 straights or 1/4 of the packs contents. To be honest I would have just rather have paid an extra $3 for the set instead but no biggie, at least now I have track pieces for the next one or plenty of extra track if I actually ever buy a train set. 

57 minutes ago, Vilhelm22 said:

That train looks awesome, but if going for that style I would take a British LMS Coronation Class (6229 Duchess of Hamilton is the 1 remaining streamlined member of the class, located in York, UK at the National Railway Museum).  Then again, I’m British, so I’m nearly always in favour of my own country’s trains over others.

Well, I do feel that British locomotives have much more fanfare on BOTH sides of the Atlantic compared to American engines, in no small part due to the enduring global popularity of Thomas the Tank Engine. :blush:

10 hours ago, Toxic43 said:

Yep, I agree. It doesn't count. I just hope LEGO sees it that way, although I can see why they won't.

I honestly don't think they would see it that way — not because they wouldn't recognize the Winter Holiday Train (and the older Holiday Train from 2005) as a separate category from the rest, but rather because to them there isn't any sort of hierarchy that puts the "proper" Creator Expert trains higher in importance. It's not like they ever seem to split hairs the way our communities often do about what's a "proper" Space theme, Castle theme, minifigure, Bionicle mask, etc. Such products are typically designed on their own individual merits according to what they perceive a market for — not in terms of how neatly they will fit neatly into established categories, let alone how fans will categorize them after-the-fact.

That said, I kind of think many train fans would prefer if LEGO DID think of the Winter Holiday Train as part of the same category as the others, because judging from the 10,392 people who list it in their collections on Brickset, it's one of the most popular Winter Village sets (at least within that community), and possibly even more popular than most of the older Creator Expert trains. So if LEGO did think of it primarily as a train set and not as a Winter Village or holiday themed set, then they'd probably be capitalizing on that by making more Creator Expert trains, potentially including the more realistic types that y'all would prefer.