Vilhelm22

Press Release: Creator Expert 10269 Harley-Davidson Fat Boy

I’ve been wondering for a while what on earth Creator Expert 10269 is going to be, and as I could find barely anything about it, I thought this thread would be the way to find out more.

10269 (Vehicle D2C Set) is described on Brickset simply as that, with absolutely nothing else to tell us what it is.  Does anybody know anything about it at all, apart from ‘vehicle’ and ‘creator expert’?  It could be a train, a car (though unlikely as the Ford Mustang has just been released), a plane, a ship, a shuttle or something completely new.  The only thing I can possibly think of is an Emerald Night 10th anniversary rerelease, though I can’t see why they would do that.  Please share your thoughts on this set below.

UPDATE:

48240560571_d5ec2dee57_c.jpg

LEGO has revealed the Creator Expert vehicles range, 10269 Harley-Davidson Fat Boy!

1023 pieces

US $99.99 – CA $139.99 – DE €89.99 – UK £84.99 – FR €94.99 – DK 799DKK – AUS $159.99 AUD

Available on the 1st of August, with VIP early access from the 17th of July.

Build and display your own Harley-Davidson Fat Boy motorcycle!

Explore the finer details of iconic engineering with the LEGO Creator Expert 10269Harley-Davidson Fat Boy motorcycle. Developed in partnership with Harley-Davidson, this highly detailed LEGO motorcycle captures the magic of the real-life machine, from its solid-disc Lakester wheels with beefy tires to its teardrop fuel tank with printed logos and inbuilt speedometer.

Other features include a Milwaukee-Eight engine with moving pistons, dual exhaust pipes, handlebar steering, moveable gearshift pedal and brake levers, kickstand and a sturdy display stand. Finished with a dark red and black color scheme, this amazing display model makes a truly iconic centerpiece for the home or office. This advanced LEGO set provides an immersive and rewarding building experience.

• Features solid-disc Lakester wheels with beefy tires, teardrop fuel tank with Harley-Davidson logos and inbuilt speedometer, Milwaukee-Eight engine with moving pistons, dual exhaust pipes, handlebar steering, moveable gear shift pedal and brake levers, kickstand and a sturdy display stand.
  • Comes with an authentic dark red and black color scheme.
  • This LEGO motorcycle makes an iconic centerpiece for the home or office.
  • Spin the rear tire to see the Milwaukee-Eight engine pistons spring to life.
  • New-for-July-2019 decorated elements include 2 dark red 2x4 tiles printed with the Harley-Davidson Fat Boy tank emblem.
  • Special elements include a new-for-July-2019 rear rim with super-wide tire.
  • Measures over 7” (20 cm) high, 7” (18 cm) wide and 12” (33 cm) long.

48240560081_32cb0197cc_c.jpg48240559436_ec02b017a1_c.jpg

48240558736_28527fee28_c.jpg

48240650157_946971fbb7_c.jpg

7 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

The only thing I can possibly think of is an Emerald Night 10th anniversary rerelease

5 hours ago, Vonsek said:

The set includes 1023 pieces.

Emerald Night had 1085 pieces, so something along the lines of a Creator Expert train akin to the Emerald Night is possible and would be fantastic!  But a thousand pieces is also enough to make just about any type of conveyance, so who knows...

16 hours ago, deraven said:

Emerald Night had 1085 pieces, so something along the lines of a Creator Expert train akin to the Emerald Night is possible and would be fantastic!  But a thousand pieces is also enough to make just about any type of conveyance, so who knows...

The only other Creator Expert/Advanced set that has a piece count closer to 1023 pieces is the Mini Cooper from 2014 with 1077 pieces, which hasn't yet been retired. If we are to presume this "vehicle" is indeed a rerelease (given that the past two years have given us such), then the prospects of an Emerald Night rerelease for this year sound awfully promising... :oh:

62 pieces difference? about half of that could be accounted for by removing the smoke deflectors and bit in between the bogies on the tender. 

I suppose it might make more sense for them to change it to a 4-6-0 (akin to the Lone Ranger train) but upscale the detail/size to motorize it.

Edited by Matt Dawson

38 minutes ago, Matt Dawson said:

62 pieces difference? about half of that could be accounted for by removing the smoke deflectors and bit in between the bogies. 

That is slightly concerning if we are to presume that will be the case; but, if we were to presume this "vehicle" set is still a rerelease of a past set (other than the Emerald Night), perhaps it's of one that had less than 1023 pieces. So, what if it's a remake of 10024 Red Baron, in the same way 2001's 3451 Sopwith Camel with 574 pieces was remade in 2012 with 883 pieces? :shrug_confused:

11 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

That is slightly concerning if we are to presume that will be the case; but, if we were to presume this "vehicle" set is still a rerelease of a past set (other than the Emerald Night), perhaps it's of one that had less than 1023 pieces. So, what if it's a remake of 10024 Red Baron, in the same way 2001's 3451 Sopwith Camel with 574 pieces was remade in 2012 with 883 pieces? :shrug_confused:

Of course, increasing a piece count on a  "remake" can be very likely as the current trend in LEGO sets is that there's a lot of 1x1 size parts added in the last few years for detail and technical stuff.

Sets tend to not get much larger in actual size but instead get more tiny pieces. 

Especially if it's a remake of some older set, I can certainly imagine the addition of the many more recent 1x1 tile shapes or curves, for more of a "studless" design, if the scale remains the same.

Of course it could also be a reduction of scale/parts as we've seen for the VW Beetle sets :

10187-1.jpg?200806250119 1626 pieces, 41 cm long 16 cm high

10252-1.jpg?201606140214 1167 pieces, 29 cm long 15 cm high(with cooler)

Edited by TeriXeri

Just now, TeriXeri said:

Of course, increasing a piece count on a  "remake" can be very likely as the current trend in LEGO sets is that there's a lot of 1x1 size parts added in the last few years for detail and technical stuff.

Sets tend to not get much larger in actual size but instead get more tiny pieces. 

True, though in the case of the Emerald Night (a set I don't own BTW), I've always noticed that the smoke deflectors in particular could use some streamlining with newer slope/bow parts:

10194-0000-xx-33-4.jpg

23 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

True, though in the case of the Emerald Night (a set I don't own BTW), I've always noticed that the smoke deflectors in particular could use some streamlining with newer slope/bow parts:

Of course, in the case of Emerald Night, piece count won't be that drasticly different as it's still one of the more "modern" studless designs.

I don't have that set either, but I agree I could imagine minor changes to account for the 62 parts. 

Edit : There's at least 48 1x1 cheese slopes in the original design that could be replaced by 1x2 reducing it by 24 parts and keeping the design 100% the same.

Edited by TeriXeri

Just now, TeriXeri said:

Even just looking at those 1x1 cheese slopes at the deflectors, replacing those by 1x2 would already reduce 8 parts :)

Plus, the presumed combination of two cheese slopes and a 1×2 tile towards the back of each deflector can be replaced by a single double-wide "baby bow" for each.

Probably not EN (a set I also don’t own) but a different steam train of higher detail but with no coach could make sense.

Thought I might point out that 3 2019 sets include the 1x2x3 train window - 2 in tan and one in white.  Tracer vs. Widowmaker 75970 has it in white, whilst Welcome to Apocalypseburg! 70840 and the new 10265 Ford Mustang contain it in tan.  Please note if checking yourself that Bricklink has not yet been updated so does not yet include 10265 in that list, but the part is visible in the 14th picture on LEGO Shop@Home.

Edited by Vilhelm22

The pessimist in me says not to get my hopes up for a steam engine, or a train at all. Knowing TLG, we'll probably get yet another helicopter. :wall:

The fact that 1x2x3 train window is apparently back this year for the first time since 2015 is also encouraging.

Just now, Dragunov2 said:

Space Shuttle?

Sounds like a good of a guess as any. I would certainly buy it but man does LEGO like their Space Shuttles or what, I mean it seems like there is always one available in one theme or another and of different variants. I find it hard to believe there is so much interest in the Space Shuttle any more, but I am glad there is. 

Well they had some Lego Ideas submissions, so they just need to copy them and make them their own...

Space Shuttle, some SpaceX stuff, ISS, Apollo launch pad,...

12 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

The fact that 1x2x3 train window is apparently back this year for the first time since 2015 is also encouraging.

The black flanged and blind drivers are also back in 79555 Hogwarts Express. Last time we had those was back in 2013 with 79111 Constitution Train Chase. Encouraging to say the least. If they only hold parts in a couple of colours at the most, and they are still producing the red for 10254 Winter Holiday Train, that means we have both colours in production at present. It would make sense to use them where they can while they have them in production.

5 hours ago, ScotNick said:

The fact that it says "Raumfahrt" in the product description, which means aerospace doesn't get my hopes very high for a train...

4 hours ago, Dragunov2 said:

Well they had some Lego Ideas submissions, so they just need to copy them and make them their own...

Space Shuttle, some SpaceX stuff, ISS, Apollo launch pad,...

Huh, so, perhaps all those Space X projects were rejected in favor for such being a licensed Creator Expert instead, hence this mystery set. :shrug_confused:

7 hours ago, ScotNick said:

The fact that it says "Raumfahrt" in the product description, which means aerospace doesn't get my hopes very high for a train...

If you let Google translate the French Amazon page to German, yes, it says "Raumfahrt". But in the line listing "educational values"! A translation of that line on Google's dedicated translation site results in a better "räumliches Denken, Kreativität, Beweglichkeit" = "Spatial Reasoning, Creativity, Agility".

So back to guessing without theme restrictions, then. :)

I would certainly like a steam engine (even though I got Emerald Night)...

1 hour ago, cimddwc said:

So back to guessing without theme restrictions, then. :)

I would certainly like a steam engine (even though I got Emerald Night)...

Well then, I'd love to see a steam locomotive inspired after the LNER Class A4 4468 Mallard:purrr:

Number_4468_Mallard_in_York.jpg

35 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well then, I'd love to see a steam locomotive inspired after the LNER Class A4 4468 Mallard:purrr:

Number_4468_Mallard_in_York.jpg

Excellent idea - one of my favourite locomotives ever, with 6 still remaining (1 in the US, 1 in Canada, and 4 in the UK).  It’s also got amazing streamlining.