Sign in to follow this  
The Last of Nergoue

Avalonia Mini-Challenge: Defending the Streets

"Born in Albion, Sarrath lived on the streets and endured the hardships and oppression that came from criminals and thieves preying on whomever they could. Sarrrath was taken in during his early teenage years and was later trained as a knight. Upon becoming a knight Sarrath returned to the streets where he had lived in his childhood, he saw the corruption that was still there and vowed to rid the streets of this evil. Ever since he has led a group of soldiers in attempt to rid the city and the surrounding area of this crime. By day he rides with his men and by night he goes around in dark clothing waiting for something to happen"

46517548704_446e9b5ce5_b.jpg

46517548364_c53624a42c_b.jpg

Yes this one build the scenes are just on top of one another

Edited by The Last of Nergoue

Nice work Joel! Really good job for a one day build, the colors are very cohesive, although the tree on the right isn't my favorite. Clever idea to have a dual level scene! Keep it up my man!

I guess the tree on the right hand side could have more leaves, or it simply could be dying of an illness. I like how you have kind of two builds in one - it really didn't cross my mind. And yes! An avenger was missing among all the claimants. So, the guy doesn't sleep, does he? :laugh:

22 minutes ago, en_zoo said:

I guess the tree on the right hand side could have more leaves, or it simply could be dying of an illness. I like how you have kind of two builds in one - it really didn't cross my mind. And yes! An avenger was missing among all the claimants. So, the guy doesn't sleep, does he? :laugh:

Eh, sleep is over rated :iamded_lol: and yeah that tree is pretty bad

2 hours ago, TheLordOfBricks said:

Nice work Joel! Really good job for a one day build, the colors are very cohesive, although the tree on the right isn't my favorite. Clever idea to have a dual level scene! Keep it up my man!

Thanks!

Awesome! I'm glad someone did a multi-level build to get multiple scenes. Before I settled on my final idea, I thought about doing something like this, or else a build with two sides to give two different scenes. In the rules I think I said that you could build unlimited height, so it's really too bad you stopped at just two levels...

Nice job with the fig posing and the sense of action conveyed here. It sets the scene well, in both scenes. I like the foliage of the first, as the flowers and bushes look nice, though I think I would have preferred a green color (either dark green or maybe bright green like the bush) rather than the dark red, as it adds just a bit too much color to the small scene. That, and the trunk is oddly large. The lower level is great with the feel of narrow streets and the darkness of night, though perhaps a slightly wider opening would have worked better, and maybe the wall on the right angled so that we could see it, adding to the implied depth. That being said, this is pretty terrific and a well-executed build for the challenge. 

Oh wow, these challenge builds are super-creative!  I love the idea of a sort of vigilante superhero.  You also hit some great parts with the build--in particular, I really like the use of those new plant pieces--very creative and it looks great.  The color choices also look great together and make for a lively, if dark, scene, with the black background.  In retrospect, I probably should have made my scene with a black background at night, too.  The two level scene is great, too.  I like the use of the hands clipped onto the string--I'll have to use that sometime!  Great job!

15 hours ago, W Navarre said:

Excellent work, I really love the double layer! 

Thanks!

11 hours ago, Grover said:

Oh wow, these challenge builds are super-creative!  I love the idea of a sort of vigilante superhero.  You also hit some great parts with the build--in particular, I really like the use of those new plant pieces--very creative and it looks great.  The color choices also look great together and make for a lively, if dark, scene, with the black background.  In retrospect, I probably should have made my scene with a black background at night, too.  The two level scene is great, too.  I like the use of the hands clipped onto the string--I'll have to use that sometime!  Great job!

thanks grover

15 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

Awesome! I'm glad someone did a multi-level build to get multiple scenes. Before I settled on my final idea, I thought about doing something like this, or else a build with two sides to give two different scenes. In the rules I think I said that you could build unlimited height, so it's really too bad you stopped at just two levels...

Nice job with the fig posing and the sense of action conveyed here. It sets the scene well, in both scenes. I like the foliage of the first, as the flowers and bushes look nice, though I think I would have preferred a green color (either dark green or maybe bright green like the bush) rather than the dark red, as it adds just a bit too much color to the small scene. That, and the trunk is oddly large. The lower level is great with the feel of narrow streets and the darkness of night, though perhaps a slightly wider opening would have worked better, and maybe the wall on the right angled so that we could see it, adding to the implied depth. That being said, this is pretty terrific and a well-executed build for the challenge. 

Yeah i had to use the dark red because all of my other foliage was on other mocs, and i would've made more layers but i was out of time. 

Nice little scenes.  I really like the lanscaped scene, the vegetation looks great with the trees and the flowers.  The street scene has that dark alley feel, very nice.  

The build is great! As for being a vigilante, I wouldn't take him away from his duty, to rule a whole guild. He can do more good in his ways, then as a ruler, he no longer can use his... methods, like now. :D

And what sword is he using? I'm not familiar with that.

Edited by kahir88

19 hours ago, de Gothia said:

Great work with two mocs in one! I really like the city street! 

Thanks! 

11 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Nice little scenes.  I really like the lanscaped scene, the vegetation looks great with the trees and the flowers.  The street scene has that dark alley feel, very nice.  

I really enjoyed doing he vegetation, i usually don't do vegetation like this so i decided to branch out a bit.

5 hours ago, kahir88 said:

The build is great! As for being a vigilante, I wouldn't take him away from his duty, to rule a whole guild. He can do more good in his ways, then as a ruler, he no longer can use his... methods, like now. :D

And what sword is he using? I'm not familiar with that.

well, batman owns a company and still does batman like things so i think he will be fine, and i think the sword is a brickarms claymore 

Fun to see MDF used for the path in the top scene :thumbup: The bush using grass stalks and the new 3 leaf plant together looks great.

And well done fitting a house front along with neat arch over the street in such a small space.