leafan

Lego Ideas Support Thread - Historical/Castle

On 4/6/2020 at 4:40 AM, BrickJagger said:

Personally I think that we should start pushing The Mountain Windmill and Four Swords Inn, which are Staff Picks and are quickly gaining steam. I hope that Castle fans don't stop pushing these projects and rest on their laurels; we need several more to hit 10k to basically force Lego's hand and fully bring back Castle.

Edit: This castle is running out of time but is just 31 supporters away from getting an extension. Please support it y'all!

Four Swords in is too big, too square and doesn't have nearly enough details. They'd have to change almost everything about it - and since the idea itself isn't particularly unique either, there's not much draw.

The windmill has potential though.

23 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Here are a few new submissions from this morning worth mentioning here... :wink:

Thanks, some great entries there. I especially love the Viking Ship. Here's the pictures:

Lion's Mountain Gate by ErockBrick:

resize:800:450resize:800:450

The Mill by J-Bricks1:

Viking Longship (Knarr) Overseas Raider by jbmakemson:

resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450

I've also added The Wizard’s House by Michele16:

Edited by leafan

1 hour ago, Cheesy1488 said:

The Conquest of the Outpost

I like the aesthetics of this idea, but we know LEGO would never include 12 mini figures in such set. Nonetheless we need to make LEGO notice the demand for classic Castle sets!

Thanks for the heads up, I have added it to the index. I have also added the following Ideas.

Castle Waterrock by Egol Okkas:

Jason and the Argonauts - Triton by Justspb:

Edited by leafan

I have just added The Great Kingdoms Gate by KAJAKSZATANA:

Description:

Hi Everyone!
This is my first LEGO Ideas project inspired one of my faovurite LEGO themes - Castle (the second one are Pirates).
I remember my first LEGO gate - 6059 Knight's Stronghold with catapult and prison - one of the biggest set of my childhood. This set was the precursor of all of lego castles ideas for many many years.
Theres was a lot of LEGO gates before but all of them it was no big and high enough.
Now I wanted to build some big, high and well protected gate which wakes respect among enemies.
I believe that this project could be answer for all LEGO Castle fans which always wanted to make an impresion to all of enemies which wants to attack.
I know that project it is no perfect but I used only bricks for my personal collection. Often I wanted implmenet some solution in differend way but I havnt no enought proper bricks or color of these brick just doesnt fit.
However i hope You enjoy :)

Bart

I have added The Black Knight's Castle by Alessandro 28:

resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450

Description from Ideas:

The castle is composed of about 2500 pieces, it is divided into three floors and four turrets,
On the first floor there are:
the prison where the white knight was imprisoned
and the treasury full of coins and gold bars
On the second floor the black knight is seated on his throne where he can enjoy the show of the jester
on the third floor there is the castle meeting room.
The stairs in the castle connect all the floors together.
Above the turrets and on the roof, skeleton soldiers guard the castle boundaries
armed with javelins and crossbows.
The castle door and the two doors: the treasury and the prison can be opened.

Story

A dark knight leading an army of skeleton soldiers ravages the villages
stealing all their wealth. Even the bravest of knights seems
that he could not stop the dark black knight's fury and now
he is a prisoner in the castle guarded by skeletons ..
Will he manage to escape and defeat the black knight to bring gold back to the village?

If you like the story, help me by supporting the project,
and you create the ending.
Thanks for the attention

On 4/14/2020 at 2:21 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Yep, that could be the first microscale set I ever purchase.

1 hour ago, povoq said:

Check out Lego Ideas, a lot of new castle posts.

I just supported this idea, it is really nice and I predict it will certainly get a lot of votes, and it really deserves them !

Nobleman's House

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/6842d369-da1f-47f7-a6d1-377ecedf0eef  

I'll let one of the administrators post a nice big picture. 

You beat me to it, but I'll include it with the below entries too.

Hello
The King defeat some many armies. He place the shield of the defeated on the wall to show the power he have. Today, time for a tribute from one of his conquest. They came with part of their treasure.

Of course, the King is so well surrounded. Some Jester to distract him. A bodyguard hided behind him. His Best knight. A powerful wizard. And a princess who only have eyes for this dark knight.

Hope you will enjoy it ;)

Welcome to the fortress! I have wanted to build a castle for a while and now seemed like a great time to do it. The castle is built in studio and has over 2500 parts. There are seven minifigs (3 on the castle's side, and 4 on the attacking side). There are also 2 horses. The attacking side has 2 catapults, one of which has launched a boulder through the castle wall. Standing in the highest tower is the king, directing his 2 soldiers. Inside the castle is an animal pen filled with pigs and chickens. There is also a well within the castle. If you like this model, then support it and check out some of my other builds! Thanks! :D

Brick On Everyone!

This is my next project idea about LEGO Castle series - Nobleman's house. Building this project i was inspired of Green Fish Inn from Cesar Soares and some pictures from the Internet. 

Project consists 2 341 brick and 5 minifigures:
  • Knight
  • His wife
  • His son
  • Horse
  • Parrot
Building have 2 floors:
  • the first floor for some supplies
  • a second floor have a bed (technique I took from Stranger Things set), fireplace and some interior things)
Every floor can be easily removed. I hope you enjoyed

Video:

Description
The knights only need to kill the dragon, steal it's treasure, climb the crumbling tower and save the princess. The soldiers try to distract the dragon with the catapault, as the White Knight sneaks up from the side to save the princess. While the knights franticly battle the dragon, the farmers family is fighting to save their burning cottage!

This model has three parts: the dragon, the crumbling tower and the farm cottage. Together, they make what would be an epic play set, but also an incredible display scene.

Pieces
In between 1500 and 2000 parts

Aim
Everyone loves fantasy and dragons, so this will make a brilliant set for all the family. This model is not only fun to play with, but would make an absolutely brilliant display piece!! It would be a very challenging build, as it uses very complicated tecniques, but that would just make it even more fun!

Edited by leafan

I have added Heailenregarr Outpost by DanDelie:

resize:800:450

This isn’t a surprise for anyone, it is as well part of my Fantasy Series. Deep into the Dark Forest, one of the legendary Beast Crystals, wich is known to make powerful anyone who shall possess it, has been guarded by the elite men of the Heailenregarr Outpost. In years, many clans attempted to steal it, and yet no one has ever succeeded, nor returned from this journey. But one day, the Dragon Clan, feared and respected for it’s godly strength, tried to take it. No one knows the issue of the battle, and unfortunately, no one has came out alive to tell. But something happened down there, something terrible, and abnormal. The mystery will stay unsolved forever....

Suddenly I felt like making something bigger, with more mini-figures and action. I added way more details than the other creations i made. The landscaping was improved as well. I put my heart and soul into it. At the beginning I wasn’t satisfied of the result. So i just made it all over again. And this came out. I am pretty proud of myself.

This set would be unlike the other Lego products, since no medieval nor fantasy themes were created in years, except one theme that hasn’t lasted long, i’ll let you guess what it was. I think kids would be amazed to receive that kind of gift for whatever event. At least, I would have. Thats why it has it’s chances of succeeding.

I have added the following Ideas.

resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450

This project is slightly simplified and little bit highlighted my previous project (https://ideas.lego.com/projects/144cff69-8846-48d7-b0a6-19e9eb25da4f)

On this modular building I was inspired by a lot of pictures from Internet resources, such as Patrick Massey’s Westwood Inn. 

My project is still consists of about 2500 bricks and two parts: the Inn itself and the wagon of a fortune teller. The Inn consists of three floors: 

• the first floor is dining room with fireplace and open veranda,
  • a second floor is a bedroom with balcony,
  • the third floor attic with all sorts of boxes, barrels and other supplies

Many of my buildings I try to paint in autumn colors, such as bright orange, dark red, olive green and sand yellow, but I decided to take into account your comments and paint it into summer colors to make it a little bit brighter.

The project also includes 10 minifigures:

• a jester,
  • a fortune teller,
  • a traveler,
  • two peasants,
  • a hostess of the Inn,
  • a pig,
  • two kittens and owl.

The second floor of the Inn, the roof of the Inn and the roof of the wagon are easily removed. The whole model is fully playable.

And I must to say that this building is second from my small medieval town:)

In the Roman Republic and the Roman Empire, the Latin word castrum (plural castra) was a building, or plot of land, used as a fortified military camp.

Castrum was the term used for different sizes of camps including large permanent fortress, semi-permanet forts for cohorts or auxiliaries, temporary encampments, and "marching" forts.

A castrum was designed to house and protect the soldiers, their equipment and supplies when they were not fighting or marching. The Castrum's special structure also defended from attacks.

Being a lover of both history and architecture I decided to represent a section of a permanent Castrum gateway, built in solid granite. Sorrounded by a water ditch, the tower rise over a wooden palisade.
Defended by thick walls, a drawbridge and a catapult the Roman Castrum is considered to be the ancestor of the well known medieval castle.

This micro building would be a great set for both history and architecture lovers.

14 x14 base
663 total parts

After a long time the witches have returned to their secret hiding place.
Plants have surrounded the house but the witches are back to work,
it seems they are making a new potion.
I would like to find out their intentions,  Ireally need your help ..
Support the projectso we could peek at the magic book together.

The set consists of around 1500 pieces
And it includes: the two witch minifigures (Morgana and Agnes) together with their home and the inevitable cauldron with the fire lit.
Different building techniques are needed to assemble the house, to make the project more intriguing.

Thank you for your attention and don't forget to leave your support for the project.

Deep in a forest, hidden in the stump of an ancient centenary tree is the house of a mythical creature: the Satyr.

The house has two easily detachable floors with on the ground floor a living room with a fireplace, a table, and a library with books and parchments. On the first floor is the bedroom with bed, basin, bedside table and some food. Outside there is a small vegetable patch. The set also includes other items such as an owl, bats, mushrooms and a Satyr.

I have added the following Ideas to the index.

Welcome to Brickwest Studios, here you can become a true film director, actor, makeup artist or any other job in the cinema world.

Direct the cameras to their best position, place the lights, move the elements of the scene to get the best result. A cinema set with many elements such as the Saloon, the windmill, the water tank, the latrine and other cinematographic elements such as the cargo van with the mobile dressing room, the props of the scene, the cameras and the other camera mounts such as traveling or steady cam

Get your best disposition to shoot your film in a set that suggests some new prints and some color change in pieces such as the lamps or the doors of the van in addition to the minifigures.

10 minifigures are suggested for the set, such as sheriff, director, bandit, makeup artist or the woman innkeeper, also includes 2 horses, a hen, a scorpion, a snake, a pig and a frog.

Moments to recreate an create stories from the past to the present, stories from the Wild Wild West. I hope you like it a lot and if so, do not hesitate to support it. Thank you very much everybody.

This is a LEGO medieval siege tower or Belfry. It is inspired by the LEGO Siege Tower from set 6061 produced in 1984. This model is an improved version of the original as it is mainly timber in color and contains a swinging battering ram on the bottom level.

There are two levels above the battering ram that allow for the storage of knights and soldiers waiting to cross over the drawbridge style feature on the top level. This siege tower would be ideal to combat and overcome formidable castle defenses. There are many moving parts and interactive features that make this an enjoyable set to build, play with and display.

There are stairs and a ladder for knights and soldiers to climb up the different levels and wheels to transport the tower. The drawbridge feature on the top level has chains and hinges that allow it to raise up for protection against defender missiles and lower for the knights to gain access to the castle walls. This set can accommodate up to 10 knights / soldiers and would be one of the largest LEGO siege towers. Its size and dimension gives an impressive scale with other LEGO castle sets.

This would make a great LEGO set as it aims to be historically accurate in design, color sequence and features. The siege tower offers a wide range of LEGO enthusiasts with an educational opportunity to learn about the past through a hands on approach based off an iconic LEGO set and medieval structure.

The Prancing Pony was a large inn and important gathering place at Bree.

The Pony was located just where the East Road bent round the foot of Bree Hill, within the levee that stretched around the town.
The building was described to be three stories tall with many windows, the centre of activity being the big common-room where the world renowned beer, produced by the owner Barliman Butterbur, was served near a cheery log fire.

The Prancing Pony had been built long before the time of the War of the Ring, when traffic on the roads had been much greater. The inn had been kept by the Butterbur Family for generations as a convivial gathering place for Men, Dwarves, and Hobbits (both those living in Bree and travellers from the Shire). Despite diminished numbers of visitors the inn had remained an important centre of news, since Bree was at the crossroads of the East Road and the Greenway.

It was perhaps in the Pony where Frodo Baggins, Sam, Pippin and Merry first met Aragorn in 29 September T.A. 3018, and we all know the sequel.

On a 16x16 base sits my microscale reproduction of pure fantasy of The Prancing Pony, the signboard is inspired by the one seen in Lord Of The Rings videogames.
An extremely detailed model that would make a great display set for both Tolkien and architecture lovers.

A Dragon and a Knight, fighting on a hill. The dragons tail is underneath the rock cliff on which it is suspended. The wings are used to hold it up as well, tensegrity style. Some different colors for some of the dragon parts would be nice, but i had to make due with what i had,and the construction had to be strong enough. Quaratine style.

I hope people will like the simple premise of a knight fighting a dragon, but with the added twist of having the dragon actually float. I came up with the idea by looking at some tensegrity builds, and even though I like the idea, I wanted to add to that and created this scene.

Coincidentally there also was a contest here, and I also uploaded the idea there. You can see a short live video.

Edited by leafan
Fixed Hyperlink for Medieval Siege Tower

Here's a new entry for today. Mediterranean Coastal Fort of the Knights by VamosYimmy:

This LEGO build is inspired from the various medieval coastal forts that are found on the islands of the Mediterranean Sea. During the medieval period knightly orders controlled the islands and coastal regions of the Mediterranean Sea. Forts were built to defend the islands and coastal regions from invaders. This build is based off the various knightly forts that are found on the island of Malta, located in the heart of the Mediterranean. The predominantly 'white' color of the fort captures the limestone material that has been used widely to build knightly forts around the Mediterranean. The 'white' bricks attempt to evoke the iconic 'yellow' LEGO castle built in 1978. The structural design of this build is inspired from the 'Red Tower' in Malta (St Agatha's Tower). The 'red' sequences found throughout this build pays homage to the 'Red Tower' from Malta. The mosaic floor at the entrance of the fort captures the 'Red Tower' image. The main floor of the fort contains five rooms that surround the large open courtyard reception area. There is a water feature, columns and relics that are important to the knightly order on display in this reception area. There are two rooms on the main floor dedicated to the storage of food, drink and military equipment used by the knights. There is also the central room that houses the knightly order's heraldry and sacred text of heroic deeds and quests. Above the main floor are two domestic rooms for knights to sleep when they are not on duty and two prison cells for captured foes. The top levels of the four turrets allow for clear observation areas over the local island and surrounding seas. There is a hidden level underneath the fortress that is only revealed when the fort is opened up from the middle. This feature gives great access to the different rooms and elements of the fort and reveals the hidden layer under the main floor of the fort where the knights can store their most sacred of relics and metal ore. The different features of this fort and its interactive nature would make this a great LEGO set to build, play with and/or display for a variety of LEGO enthusiasts of different age groups.

Additionally, this is your last chance to support the following Ideas before they fail to reach support:

Trolls's Warchief Raptor Rider by @Destrier:

Keyhole Castle by PeterPanMann:

Castle Lego by farmfarm:

I have added the following 2 Ideas.

This build is inspired by the ancient world. It aims to recreate an ancient Roman warship. This set is designed from historical sources. There are many interactive features in this build. There is a small catapult at the front of the ship. The sides of the ship are lined with Roman shields to protect the soldiers on board from flying projectiles and to help identify it.  At the back of the ship the upper section opens up to reveal a room beneath that contains the sacred objects of the Roman military force and can be used as an officers quarters. LEGO has never built an ancient Roman set and this could provide many LEGO enthusiasts with a new theme, elements and Minifigures. Let the legacy of Ancient Rome live on in LEGO form!

It's the Parthenon, the most famous Geek monument, it is in his Golden age, when it was complete and extremly beautiful, I build it because I am a fan of the old Greek history and I hope you will apprecciate it.
The model is over 51cm (20'') wide, 84cm (33'') long and 28cm (11'') high;it has 9 minifigure ( 3 greek soldiers and 6 Athens abitants), but there are more of them for decoration; it can be opened and play inside it in a reconstruction of the original Parthenon.

Today is a good day for Castle submissions. I have added the five below entries.

This castle-themed chess set features a decorative base with an interior that provides storage for the pieces, and adds imaginative playability beyond the game of chess. The playing pieces are minifigure-based, with a core black-and-white color scheme and gold and silver accent accessories — creative yet recognizable interpretations of the pieces — Kings, Queens, Bishops, Knights, Rooks and Pawns.

Designed for a wide audience: fans of classic Lego Castle sets, lovers of minifigures, and of course chess enthusiasts young and old — skilled players and those new to the game. I play with my seven-year-old who has become surprisingly good at chess, and my five-year-old waits for us to capture and discard the pieces so he can play with them off to the side (while learning the basic moves pieces can make as he watches us play).

Leave the pieces attached to their spaces for display, or press the simple release buttons in the corners to lift the chess board plate from the castle base, revealing a decorative interior that provides storage for the pieces (take it out and about!) and also adds another level of functionality for those who don't quite grasp the rules of chess just yet, but love to play castle!

This LEGO idea is a small medieval cottage. It includes an openable roof in order to see inside. I tried to incorporate as much detail as I possibly could and I really hope you enjoy the build.

This build is largely based off of LEGO ScapeSculptureDesign's medieval builds and a lot of the technique is inspired off of his builds.

Additional information

Piece count: 810, Time frame: 2 days.

resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450

Welcome to the third project of my little medieval town - Medieval Marketplace!

In my marketplace you can see a tall tower with an astronomical clock on one side (a copy of the Old Town Hall Tower) and ordinary clocks on the other.

On the same square, life is in full swing! Here you will see a butcher chopping a piece of meat for the next customer - an old astronomer in a luxurious hat, and a fish merchant. A prosperous merchant with all kinds of trinkets, living in a house near the tower and unloading all sorts of supplies from the cart. A baker just baked another pretzel in his bakery. Well and of course the guards keeping order. :)

The project also includes 10 minifigures:

• a jester fireman,
  • two guards,
  • a merchant of some supplies,
  • a fish merchant,
  • a baker,
  • a butcher,
  • two peasants,
  • a horse

The second floor of the houses and the roofs are easily removed. The whole model is fully playable. The tower is empty inside.

I was inspired to create this project by my trip to Prague last summer. Initially, I planned to create a project only for the Astronomical Clock (Old Town Hall Tower), but having built the tower, I decided to slightly change it and add a market square to it - in the end it’s a fantasy! :)

Also, when building this project, I was inspired by such clock towers as The Zytglogge and Ledbury Clock Tower, and a set of lego castle 10193 medieval marketplace.

In the Middle Ages the water mill was an indispensable source of energy. Thanks to the power of the water it was possible to start the big grain mills without having to exploit the animals.

In this model I have recreated the structure of a traditional 1200 water mill with the external rotating wooden blade.

On the first floor the millstone, a furnace and an anvil as well as a table and shelves. Under the stairs a series of provisions.

On the second floor instead the living area and the bed as well as a second desk which is located on an external ledge.

Outside, under the portico, firewood and lush summer / autumn vegetation

resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450

The Mythical Camelot Castle of Arthurian Legends

After he pulled the magical sword Excalibur from a stone-shaped brick and thus became the rightful King, Arthur built a mythical castle: CAMELOT. In the very center of this castle he put a ROUNDTABLE on which there after the most brave and most noble of all knights sat!
Together Arthur, his trusted advisor the wizard Merlin and the Knights Of The Roundtable set out to search for the legendary HOLY GRAIL!

The Idea

For all my childhood the original 1990s castle series were my favourite sets! This Fresh take on a LEGO castle is both a tribute to my childhood love for castles and my ongoing fascination for myths and history whilst also paying homage to one of my favourite movies "Monty Python and the Holy Grail", which was released precisely 45 years ago!

The build therefore represents a combination of a modern take on classic LEGO castles and Arthurian inspired fantasy elements, whilst also containing some hidden Monty Python eastereggs!

The Castle

The whole castle build is centred around a big circular tower containing the famous Roundtable! The top of the tower is designed as open as possible to ensure a good view on the table, whilst also displaying the 8 different coat of arms of Arthur and his noble knights.

Camelot Castle further consists of:
  • a circular castle wall with a big gate and 8 smaller towers
  • 2 small houses
  • a stable with 1 horse
  • Merlin's magical laboratory
  • a blacksmith's shop
  • a big weapons rack
  • a small storeroom for supplies

The build has roughly 2600 pieces.

The Minifigures

Camelot Castle comes with:
  • Arthur, King of the Britons
  • Arthur's trusted advisor Merlin
  • Arthur's shady nephew Mordred
And the 5 famous knights:

• Sir Percival, the Keeper of the Grail
  • Sir Galahad, the Pure
  • Sir Lancelot, the Brave
  • Sir Bedivere, the Wise 
  • Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-as-Sir-Lancelot 
The build also contains 3 animals:
  • Arthur's horse Patsy
  • a European Swallow
  • a vicious Rabbit

•  

On 4/29/2020 at 12:17 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, then I'm sure you'll dig this latest submission from this morning... :wink:

LEGO Ideas - Wolfpack Hideout: Old King's Castle by tomaaki

That's a real beauty. Reminds me of.... home :wink:

I'll add it to the index now.

The creator is now here on Eurobricks. @tomaaki.

Edited by leafan
Added creator tag

I have added new Ideas to the index.

The Wolfpack had raised from the ashes!

After decades of oblivion, the wolfs has raised. The old fortress has been rebuild and the clan has become stronger than ever.

They enlarged the stronghold by adding new towers, chamber and dungeons. Moreover, they have built a pier for their new bigger boats.

They raid boat made the to travel, trade and get supplies!
From robbers, they become traders and explorers. They travel further, trading and supplying stocks for an increasingly large clan. The lake and rivers are in their possession now.

The fortress has an entire left side that opens. In this way, you discover the dungeons, the warehouse with supplies and armoury, but also the sleeping chamber.

One thing is still the same, there can't be pax with the Forstmen clan.

I've enjoyed very much by designing this set consisting of over 1100 elements. It was a pure pleasure and a sentimental return to these precious moments of childhood carefree.

Hope you like it and you find attractive.

Welcome to the village! The village has all the medieval luxuries you could ever need, such as:
-Bread
-Horses
-Running Water
-Fruit
-Protective castle
     Unfortunately, the town is under attack by a deadly dragon. Several brave minifigs are up to the challenge! Will they win?
     This is a large moc that I have made in my free time recently. I have always wanted a Lego medieval set. Please share this with your friends and family so we can make this a reality. 
     This build has around 2700 pieces and took me about over 7 hours to make, as I have never built a dragon before. It has 5 minifigs and (obviously) a dragon, as well as a horse.