leafan

Lego Ideas Support Thread - Historical/Castle

Throwing my hat in the ring with another 'castle' build:

Forest Tower Outpost Forest Tower Outpost on Lego Ideas

webp

The model depicts the overgrown ruins of a fortification with a large tree emerging from a tower. A small raised area with a roof that has been built to offer a lookout and defensive point. The space below is used for storing supplies and keeping a horse. The back section of the tower opens on hinges to allow access. Inside there are prison cells, extra weapons, a banner, some small tables with mugs for ale, storage barrels, and stairs leading to a platform with ladder access to the top of the turret/roof. There is also a cart/wagon included. The model sits on a detailed base with a well and pathway surrounding the build. A secondary large tree and some rubble stand to the right of the main model and have been designed on a standalone base, so they can be reconfigured for maximum play and display value.

Would really appreciate your support - AND- feedback!

Forest Tower Outpost on Lego Ideas

Great ideas submission.  I like the size and environment it is in as well as the colors.  The trees and rocks are great.  I don't like the gaps in the 'round' tower segments and I wish there was a bit more going on with the ground in back (it is very empty) - adding just a few stones/grass/etc. would help.

3 hours ago, jtooker said:

Great ideas submission.  I like the size and environment it is in as well as the colors.  The trees and rocks are great.  I don't like the gaps in the 'round' tower segments and I wish there was a bit more going on with the ground in back (it is very empty) - adding just a few stones/grass/etc. would help.

This is great feedback! I had a hard time with landscaping the back side as I needed space behind the turret tower for it to 'swing' open - but the space behind the 'stable' area could definitely benefit from some groundwork. I also get what you are saying about the 'roundness' of the tower... I'll have to see what I can come up with for an update.

cheers!

My project, "José’s Inn" is now on Lego Ideas: https://ideas.lego.com/s/p:850f7f9538764ce5b37303bc9a98988f 

The build has full 360* detailing and full interior.

More pictures here: https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjAjPZk

Inn-01 (1)-min (2).jpg

Edited by JimBaggins
picture exceeded file limit previously, so I shrank image quality and reuploaded it.