leafan

Lego Ideas Support Thread - Historical/Castle

25 minutes ago, natesroom said:

yeah i just looked it up and i am dying that i didnt know about this.

Its creator also posted an extension to complete the back of the Castle. Basically you need 2 sets of it to complete it. 

On 5/11/2021 at 5:16 AM, natesroom said:

these are the only ones i would buy if made

1. The Princess Bride: The Guilder Frontier by FSLeinad
6. Steampunk Airship by BrickHammer
19. LEGO Viking Ship by JonasKramm
22. Medieval Marketplace by DominikQN
28. The King's Castle by BrickHammer
29. Charlie and The Chocolate Factory by FACEBRICKUP
31. Ancient Greek Temple by HP_Brixxter
39. Castle of Lord AFOL and the Black Knights by SleeplessNight
45. The Castle of Brickwood Forest by poVoq
53. Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs by Hanwasyellowfirst

there are like 3 or 4 others i would think about if made....

Wow, great to hear that both of my projects made it into your top 10 list! Thank you so much! Let's hope LEGO thinks the same :)

On 5/22/2021 at 6:00 AM, BrickHammer said:

Wow, great to hear that both of my projects made it into your top 10 list! Thank you so much! Let's hope LEGO thinks the same :)

yeah if it was in order of preference, yours would be top 4, i didnt even realize the builders name when i organized that.

On 5/24/2021 at 5:06 AM, natesroom said:

yeah if it was in order of preference, yours would be top 4, i didnt even realize the builders name when i organized that.

Top 4 is good enough for me! :)

Let's see if LEGO thinks the same! Speaking of IDEAS: are we allowed to post our own IDEAS projects in this thread or is it only okay if you post the projects of other people? ... if so I should probably also post my two most recent castle projects here...

On 5/26/2021 at 5:06 PM, BrickHammer said:

Speaking of IDEAS: are we allowed to post our own IDEAS projects in this thread or is it only okay if you post the projects of other people? ... if so I should probably also post my two most recent castle projects here...

Not sure of the rules either... but I got you!

Wolf Pack Castle

webp
Forestmen Outpost

webp

Both beautiful and fully deserving of support!

I've got a new project up on IDEAS that I'd like to share: the Medieval Miller (Windmill)

Please support it here: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/b71ea9c0-aedc-48f8-9e11-bf80fac2eb10 

51228757881_f6aa721698_h.jpgMedieval Miller (Windmill) [LEGO Ideas] by arselus, on Flickr

The story of the Forestmen continues...

Come visit the Medieval Miller. He works hard by day at the windmill, milling the village wheat and making flour. His wife bakes excellent bread (she is also featured in the Medieval Butcher Ideas set). In fact, his life was very plain and simple, and has been so for many years. But one strange and stormy Saturday night, a mysterious seagull carrying a written note found his way to the top of the Windmill.

"Captured, captive, need help. -Robin" the note read.

Reading the note, the Miller was spurred to action. He immediately began drawing up plans to reunite the Forestmen, find Robin, and launch a daring rescue.

Tons of projects up there under the Castle filter, too many to list here.

The main critic from me would be the use of Flesh tone in some of the non-licensed projects makes no sense to me, especially if it's a digital model, and right now there are so many submissions it might actually keep votes away (not everyone collects licensed, or was into LEGO when themes like LOTR were current)

On the other hand I really appreciate how diverse the IDEAS are getting now, instead of just "oversized" buildings (the blacksmith was fantastic but I actually like the final model better).

Edited by TeriXeri

IDEAS review (third of 2020) tomorrow, with Viking Village or Classic Castle included in the 25 entries. :innocent:

There's a Roman Warship too but I have my doubts about that having a chance, but it would be nice , in the case the other 2 aren't picked imo.

I don't think LEGO would do the LoTR IDEAS set either.

Edited by TeriXeri

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/c928192a-50a0-4c4c-90da-5224f92f1937 
This is a build of the Inn of the Prancing Pony from The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R Tolkien built as a Lego ideas submission to be made into a set. I have seen other versions of this inn and tavern submitted to LEGO ideas in the past, so I know there is interest out there in having this inn as a set. The Prancing Pony is one of the most famous fantasy inns of literature and I would love to see this added as a set to the LEGO portfolio in the Lord of the Rings or castle genre. It is a very iconic medieval building. I would love you support if you would be willing to vote for this idea! Thank you! 

51172373681_dc9fde981d_h.jpg

51172614298_be59e4a412_b.jpg

51194482170_d41053f9a9_b.jpg

51172614283_663c98e78a_b.jpg

Edited by bereinhold

Aw, dang! I'm not that interested in The Lord of the Rings, so can't say that aspect of the build appeals to me… but this approach (with two hinged buildings connected by a central arch) is honestly a brilliantly creative building design! The half-timbering is also quite lovely, and I'm impressed that the whole model is both playable and display-worthy.

The double hinge technique is awesome and works very well with the arch over the street.  Great details throughout the build too.  Good luck on ideas!

Castle sold out super fast in Europe region, oh well, maybe next time. 

I'm not even upset as it's likely a clear sign to LEGO, and there are like 5 castles in the big upcoming review as well, that potentially could still end up at the AFOL program too.

It just hit 5000 , Sold out 100%.

Edited by TeriXeri

6 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

I'm not even upset as it's likely a clear sign to LEGO, and there are like 5 castles in the big upcoming review as well, that potentially could still end up at the AFOL program too.

Definitely a clear sign to TLG if they need any more of those, surprised that the other sets are selling so slowly, was sure everything would sell out imidatly :shrug_oh_well:

On 6/29/2021 at 7:02 PM, bereinhold said:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/c928192a-50a0-4c4c-90da-5224f92f1937 
This is a build of the Inn of the Prancing Pony from The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R Tolkien built as a Lego ideas submission to be made into a set. 

Now THAT would be a cool set to have, one of my favorite fragments from the book. Good luck!

2 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Definitely a clear sign to TLG if they need any more of those, surprised that the other sets are selling so slowly, was sure everything would sell out imidatly :shrug_oh_well:

Since there is one month still left, perhaps Lego will allow additional customers to buy the set. Who knows? What really intrigues me, is the reason for rejecting the hideout in the first place. And also why the current creator castle is a retailer exclusive (without any discounts probably). Seems to me that Lego wants to keep the popularity among the kids/parents at a minimum on purpose... 

Anyone else that was fortunate to get Castle in the Forest already get charged? Surprised they would take the money now with shipment scheduled for Jan 2020. Also had to email Lego to get the Adidas minifigure gift.

For those that didn't get the set it sounds like Lego has heard the complaints. Hope they upgrade the numbers and limit the amount people can buy this time around!

11 hours ago, kchan98 said:

Anyone else that was fortunate to get Castle in the Forest already get charged? Surprised they would take the money now with shipment scheduled for Jan 2020. Also had to email Lego to get the Adidas minifigure gift.

For those that didn't get the set it sounds like Lego has heard the complaints. Hope they upgrade the numbers and limit the amount people can buy this time around!

I have a pending payment showing on my credit card which is normal in cases like this. No charge though it does "reserve" the money on the credit card. The pending payment will likely drop off at some point and they will formally charge the card when the set is released.

13 hours ago, kchan98 said:

Thanks for mentioning about emailing for the free gift.  I didn't have it added either and was disappointed as I really liked that one.  I sent an email now and am hoping for the best.

On 7/1/2021 at 11:26 AM, jtooker said:

The Castle-in-the-Forest set was funded in less than 20 minutes and is almost sold out:

https://www.bricklink.com/v3/designer-program/designer-sets-for-adult-fans-of-lego/215665/Castle-in-the-Forest

Edit: if the page doesn't load with a purchase link, try refreshing till it does.

I am so upset i didn't even get a notice even though i set up to be notified when it went live.