leafan

Lego Ideas Support Thread - Historical/Castle

1 hour ago, Alexandrina said:

This is definitely the right place, and yours is definitely a great build. It's a deviation from the Rivendell we see in the films, for sure, but it makes up for that in the quality of the build. You've detailed the buildings and made the trees very cleverly given the small scale of the model.

Thank you! Very glad you think so! It is a bit different, but the main difference is that I don't have all the buildings Rivendell has, because otherwise it would be too big! XD Thanks again! :D

I've got one more to add, it's been on Ideas for a few weeks now, and steadily gathering support. The Medieval Carpenter. The backstory is that he used to be one of the Forestmen (along with the Medieval Butcher), and now lives a more quiet life - until Robin is in need :) 

LEGO IDEAS - Medieval Carpenter

51025835081_a1d0bec2fb_b.jpgMedieval Carpenter (LEGO Ideas) by arselus, on Flickr

51025835016_836279424b_b.jpgMedieval Carpenter (LEGO Ideas) - The Carpenter - Scarecrow by arselus, on Flickr

51025932922_81aed40f9f_b.jpgMedieval Carpenter (LEGO Ideas) - The Carpenter by arselus, on Flickr

51025102533_44c709e6d4_b.jpgMedieval Carpenter (LEGO Ideas) - Workshop by arselus, on Flickr

My castle in the Forest project is on it's way with the Bricklink designer program !!!

More images & all the latest news about my prototype is shared in the comments here on the bricklink page >>>

https://www.bricklink.com/v3/designer-program/designer-sets-for-adult-fans-of-lego/215665/The-Castle-in-the-Forest

Save your money for your preorder on  June 1st !!! (limited sales , only 5000 will be made maximum)

1549781.36113DA24064C1CD.jpg

On 4/6/2021 at 4:26 PM, povoq said:

My castle in the Forest project is on it's way with the Bricklink designer program !!!

Save your money for your preorder on  June 1st !!! (limited sales , only 5000 will be made maximum)

This is awesome povoq! Thank you for sharing. Are you targeting the $150-200 USD price range? 

Congrats - so exciting!  

Ooops, just discovered this thread, and not sure what the etiquette is on posting here vs having our own thread, but I just made a topic for my Earthsea-build, and I'll cross-link on photo over here to hopefully pique interest:

51101329597_a73485a1b3_k.jpgThe Court of the Fountain by Thomas Dickerson, on Flickr

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/d2c11e43-14e1-4cb6-ac44-d6c401e27f1b/

On 4/6/2021 at 7:26 PM, povoq said:

More images & all the latest news about my prototype is shared in the comments here on the bricklink page >>>

https://www.bricklink.com/v3/designer-program/designer-sets-for-adult-fans-of-lego/215665/The-Castle-in-the-Forest

1549781.36113DA24064C1CD.jpg

Great project!  Really enjoy how you’ve been listening to comments and opinions and even seeking help from the BrickLink community to make this the best set possible under the restrictions you’ve been given.  Looking forward to helping fund this!

4 non-licensed actual Castles and 1 Marketplace, amazing round .

Also there's still Castle in the Forest in the AFOL Designer 2021 Invitationals.

Edited by TeriXeri

I dont believe TLG would make another medieval-castle theme so early, I would love it but dont see it.
I am more inclined to think they would go for the Paraoh or Violin.

5 hours ago, Niku said:

I dont believe TLG would make another medieval-castle theme so early, I would love it but dont see it.

It likely wouldn't be "so early" when the set is actually released. Don't forget, the Medieval Blacksmith was approved in the second 2019 review. So even if a medieval project gets approved in this current review period, it may not actually hit shelves until 2023.

Congrats to everyone who made the review, including the several people who got multiple submissions to 10K in the same period!

On an unrelated note, does anyone have suggestions for avenues to draw in supporters, beyond here / Flickr / Instagram? I'm coming up on the 2 week mark, and I'm definitely seeing the initial surge of support slow to a trickle.

12 minutes ago, Jcreations912 said:

My micro castle made it into the Fan Vote of the LEGO House competition on LEGO Ideas! I'd really appreciate it if you could go vote for it here:

https://ideas.lego.com/challenges/1f570af2-79dd-44f3-bba3-07978208f97b/application/fe9f6f32-38fc-455a-9222-2977b1feb891

webp

webp

Thanks so much! :D

Looks great! I've just voted for it! Good luck!

Edited by BrickHammer

I already spent my three votes, but it was a really hard to choose between all of the awesome entries that made it. Your build looks awesome - good luck with the voting =)

On 5/5/2021 at 1:04 PM, elfprince13 said:

On an unrelated note, does anyone have suggestions for avenues to draw in supporters, beyond here / Flickr / Instagram? I'm coming up on the 2 week mark, and I'm definitely seeing the initial surge of support slow to a trickle.

Just wanted to make sure this doesn't get lost, if anyone has suggestions.

On 5/6/2021 at 7:45 PM, BrickHammer said:

Looks great! I've just voted for it! Good luck!

Thanks so much!!

On 5/6/2021 at 9:19 PM, elfprince13 said:

I already spent my three votes, but it was a really hard to choose between all of the awesome entries that made it. Your build looks awesome - good luck with the voting =)

Just wanted to make sure this doesn't get lost, if anyone has suggestions.

Ok, no worries! If the model is built on Stud.io, then I'd definitely recommend uploading it to Bricklinks gallery! 

12 hours ago, Jcreations912 said:

Ok, no worries! If the model is built on Stud.io, then I'd definitely recommend uploading it to Bricklinks gallery! 

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give that a shot - I modeled it in Bricksmith for the lsynth support on the rigging, but I think I can probably add the rope primitive as a subfile and see how it goes.

these are the only ones i would buy if made

1. The Princess Bride: The Guilder Frontier by FSLeinad
6. Steampunk Airship by BrickHammer
19. LEGO Viking Ship by JonasKramm
22. Medieval Marketplace by DominikQN
28. The King's Castle by BrickHammer
29. Charlie and The Chocolate Factory by FACEBRICKUP
31. Ancient Greek Temple by HP_Brixxter
39. Castle of Lord AFOL and the Black Knights by SleeplessNight
45. The Castle of Brickwood Forest by poVoq
53. Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs by Hanwasyellowfirst

there are like 3 or 4 others i would think about if made....

Edited by natesroom

If anyone still need convincing, check out this video by the designer of the castle in the forest! Show cases the latest build and great to see the play features in action!

Btw, the Bricklink designer program crowd funding is now delayed until 1st July.

The structure of the crowd funding is also changing. In summary, they will split the remaining 26 projects into 3 rounds. Each round will see 8-10 projects being put up for funding and the first 5 to reach target gets funded. The rounds will be 2 months apart so they are spacing out our spending and also the workload for the Lego supply and bricklink team. This also means a total of 15 projects should get funded instead of 13 in the previous structure.

First round selection is already chosen with 8 projects and includes the castle in the forest so get your wallet ready by 1 July!

Lucky me, not too many of my favorites on the first batch.

Btw, it's "a total of 15 projects could get funded". Not "should". It's no certainty that 5 of each batch get the required amount of backers.

Wow, great video.  I didn't need convincing, but this video highlighting the design and features of the set certainly makes me more excited!

17 hours ago, chill9394 said:

Btw, the Bricklink designer program crowd funding is now delayed until 1st July.

I didn't realize the date had changed, thank you for pointing that out!

On 5/13/2021 at 8:04 PM, chill9394 said:

If anyone still need convincing, check out this video by the designer of the castle in the forest! Show cases the latest build and great to see the play features in action!

The structure of the crowd funding is also changing. In summary, they will split the remaining 26 projects into 3 rounds. Each round will see 8-10 projects being put up for funding and the first 5 to reach target gets funded. The rounds will be 2 months apart so they are spacing out our spending and also the workload for the Lego supply and bricklink team. This also means a total of 15 projects should get funded instead of 13 in the previous structure.

First round selection is already chosen with 8 projects and includes the castle in the forest so get your wallet ready by 1 July!

Thanks. Made a big mistake not getting Lowenstein...

Edited by kchan98