leafan

Lego Ideas Support Thread - Historical/Castle

The Mountain Windmill by Hanwasyellowfirst has now crossed 9,000 supporters! Link to support it is below:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/f966f364-7cee-44ad-8870-6d7ff1cfe053

resize:800:450

We can argue about whether or not this is properly medieval but I think that it is. It's inarguably a bit fantastical but it wouldn't look out of place in the countryside in a Castle-themed layout.

Today I have added the following Ideas.

resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450

Additionally, some good news is that @povoq's Siege the castle ! entry has been saved from falling off the Ideas website as it reached the 1000 support threshold for gaining extra time.

You now have 199 days to support this great Idea. Hopefully, we here at Eurobricks had something to do with that.

A huge congratulations to The Mountain Windmill, which has reached 10,000 supporters and is headed to the review stage!

The creator, hanwasyellowfirst, now has three (!) projects that have reached 10k. I believe that's a record! The first project got rejected, but his Windmill and Zelda project are both in the upcoming review. Lego would be pretty heartless to reject all three, and I doubt they would be willing to make a Zelda set from an Ideas project, so that should improve the Windmill's chances considerably :thumbup:

Edited by BrickJagger

21 minutes ago, BrickJagger said:

The creator, hanwasyellowfirst, now has three (!) projects that have reached 10k. I believe that's a record!

Quite an achievement! I know that idea isn't technically Castle but hopefully the similarities will make TLG understand the demand for these types of set.

I have just added Medieval Market Village by Commander Brick:

resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450resize:800:450

Bustling with commerce and festive celebration, the market village is the perfect place for endless adventures among the commoners. After selling your scrumptious baked goods, head over to the village tavern and grab a cup of grog. Or better yet, head over to the blacksmith and get your old sword repaired. The possibilities are endless! 

I really enjoy LEGO castle and village creations, as well as the LEGO Castle theme itself. So for awhile I wanted to create a medieval village for a product idea. I got my inspiration form the 2008 10193 LEGO Medieval Market Village, my model is basically based off that specific set. I would love to see LEGO create a new medieval village set since I was not able to buy the 2008 village for myself, and I'm sure the majority of LEGO castle fans would love to see it as well.

Feel free to support and share this product idea, and maybe, just maybe, you can have this idea as a set! Let's hit 10,000 Supporters! -Commander Brick

On 2/13/2020 at 9:30 PM, leafan said:

Welcome to Eurobricks, @Jcreations912! I'm glad you took my invitation to join us here.

I hope your project, LEGO Robin Hood, gets to 10k quickly! It's a great idea and we discussed it somewhat earlier in this very thread.

I also added your earlier creation, The King's Castle Gatehouse, ages ago. Another worthy idea.

Thanks so much Leafan! I hope so too, but I've now got another project which you might be interested in called Fantasy Castle! ;-)

17 hours ago, Jcreations912 said:

Thanks so much Leafan! I hope so too, but I've now got another project which you might be interested in called Fantasy Castle! ;-)

That Fantasy Castle looks amazing! I am impressed at the amount of detail captured in such a compact model. However, that has its share of pros and cons. Thinking back on when I was a kid playing with Castle sets, this one contains all the cool things to play around with. But I can't imagine actually reaching most of the stuff! I can't tell if there are some hidden hinges or something but I think that set could *really* benefit from being able to open up. It looks absolutely amazing for a display piece, just the right size to sit on a shelf over here - but I feel as if being able to remove the roofs and different floors would not be quite enough for playability in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Frike said:

That Fantasy Castle looks amazing! I am impressed at the amount of detail captured in such a compact model. However, that has its share of pros and cons. Thinking back on when I was a kid playing with Castle sets, this one contains all the cool things to play around with. But I can't imagine actually reaching most of the stuff! I can't tell if there are some hidden hinges or something but I think that set could *really* benefit from being able to open up. It looks absolutely amazing for a display piece, just the right size to sit on a shelf over here - but I feel as if being able to remove the roofs and different floors would not be quite enough for playability in my opinion.

Thanks so much for the comment! At the moment there are no hinges, but I will certainly think about putting some in!

5 minutes ago, Jcreations912 said:

Thanks so much for the comment! At the moment there are no hinges, but I will certainly think about putting some in!

I really like the build and it's so full of detail! I just feel as if would be difficult to physically reach some of it. :)

On 5/19/2020 at 4:32 PM, Jcreations912 said:

A lovely moc and Idea. I have added it to the index and supported on Ideas itself, naturally.

Fantasy Castle by @Jcreations912:

I have just spotted the below entry on Ideas and it seems to have been there sometime now, so I must have missed it.

It's now been added to the index.

The Golden Hall of Edoras by BrickHammer:

Edited by leafan

Finally caught up on this thread and the projects in it that I hadn't already supported! Thanks for all the indexing work y'all