leafan

Lego Ideas Support Thread - Historical/Castle

3 minutes ago, povoq said:

3 ....... 2 ........ 1 ..........

I saw it on Flickr just a moment ago, congratulations on 10k!! I sincerely hope we get your castle as a set in the future!

18 minutes ago, povoq said:

3 ....... 2 ........ 1 ..........

Well done @povoq! Very well deserved.

I do hope that they approve the set.

Congrats, totally! I indulge myself to post your flickr photo of your celebration layout:

49738752496_dab020fde0_b.jpg

Just now, Medzomorak said:

Congrats, totally! I indulge myself to post your flickr photo of your celebration layout:

49738752496_dab020fde0_b.jpg

Wow that's like Lego Castle por.... erm, eye-candy.

28 minutes ago, Medzomorak said:

Thank you Medzomorak for posting ! 

Congrats, and well done, for sure.

This one could be a breakthrough on „our“ way to a new castle series. And I really hope it will make it to the shelves, just as an avantgarde for the sets to come.

If not...no, I am too happy this evening to think about this possibility.

Edited by derEselausErgste

Congrats!  I'm hoping this shows TLG that there is an appetite for castle out there.  I'd love seeing a more civilian line of castle stuff, and I'd even be OK with it being a little more cheery and colorful than the traditional muted colors.  Heck, a town celebration could be quite spectacular!

Normally, I think we will be unlucky with the blacksmith shop just on the edge of production. I like the blacksmith a lot, but to be honest I like the forest castle much better. And unfortunately both sets do not fit really to each other.

My biggest hope is that TLG did NOT recruit soccerkid as a designer to create new Friends sets. Please let this be the cue TLG will finally surrender to our demands.

I'd assume that they'll assign him to make whatever is profitable, but at least we know we have a castle fan as a designer now!

Just now, Grover said:

I'd assume that they'll assign him to make whatever is profitable, but at least we know we have a castle fan as a designer now!

You are right, @Grover. I am just looking for a straw to cramp on. 

Edited by derEselausErgste

5 hours ago, TeriXeri said:
On 4/2/2020 at 6:31 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Oooooh, looks like @Perterz has submitted his second iteration of Olivia’s Get-Away to Ideas!!! *oh2*

LEGO Ideas - Olivia’s Get-Away by PeetersKevin

Getting an error page on that link , project removed?

Um, I guess? :def_shrug: It isn't showing-up in either my supported or saved projects for sure... :look:

21 minutes ago, derEselausErgste said:

Normally, I think we will be unlucky with the blacksmith shop just on the edge of production. I like the blacksmith a lot, but to be honest I like the forest castle much better. And unfortunately both sets do not fit really to each other.

I think it is fortunate that both projects don’t fit well together, meaning they don’t overlap and can be different enough to Lego approve both.

I really like the castle much better (congratulations @povoq). I hope it is make into a set.

So, next on the list to support (based on current amount of votes) is complicated.

Technically, it's Historically Accurate Rome by daevead, but that project has virtually made it already and isn't fitting with what most here desire from a new Historical set.

Then there's Colosseum (Architecture Style) by SkyWalter, but again, that is not what most want.

Next there is the Medieval Blacksmith Shop by LEGO ScapeSculptureDesign @Ben Pitchford , which is a great idea but since the last Blacksmith got approved, I think that rules this out.

So that leaves us at Classic Castle by DERBOOR:

resize:800:450

4 hours ago, leafan said:

So, next on the list to support (based on current amount of votes) is complicated.

Technically, it's Historically Accurate Rome by daevead, but that project has virtually made it already and isn't fitting with what most here desire from a new Historical set.

Then there's Colosseum (Architecture Style) by SkyWalter, but again, that is not what most want.

Next there is the Medieval Blacksmith Shop by LEGO ScapeSculptureDesign @Ben Pitchford , which is a great idea but since the last Blacksmith got approved, I think that rules this out.

So that leaves us at Classic Castle by DERBOOR:

Personally I think that we should start pushing The Mountain Windmill and Four Swords Inn, which are Staff Picks and are quickly gaining steam. I hope that Castle fans don't stop pushing these projects and rest on their laurels; we need several more to hit 10k to basically force Lego's hand and fully bring back Castle.

Edit: This castle is running out of time but is just 31 supporters away from getting an extension. Please support it y'all!

Edited by BrickJagger

10 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

Personally I think that we should start pushing The Mountain Windmill and Four Swords Inn, which are Staff Picks and are quickly gaining steam. I hope that Castle fans don't stop pushing these projects and rest on their laurels; we need several more to hit 10k to basically force Lego's hand and fully bring back Castle.

Edit: This castle is running out of time but is just 31 supporters away from getting an extension. Please support it y'all!

In my opinion, The Mountain Windmill isn't really Historical or Castle related. That could be modern day in some settings. The Four Swords Inn is fantastic and just what we need.

I agree that we should get behind the below Castle in order to stop it dropping off:

The reason I stated the Classic Castle by DERBOOR is that it's already on 4844 support (at time of posting) and fits very well into the existing theme. But when it really comes down to it, I'm down for any Castle set being produced.

This is a bit abstract but I've added Medieval Puppet Show by Ben.Daly: