leafan

Lego Ideas Support Thread - Historical/Castle

4 hours ago, Captain Fortune said:

Ok guys, this idea MUST BE AN OFFICIAL SET. Period. Vote for it! https://ideas.lego.com/projects/17d4e594-41f3-4b63-a009-e16eed61d53d

I like the clean design of those builds, but they aren´t much different from what Lego already offered on past Castle waves (like the 2013 one), so I don´t think it would ever be approved. Plus I like the complex design of something like The Castle in the Forest much more, make a more unique set. 

That Sheriff's Office looks good! The build looks well polished and clean. There are enough details to make it interesting but not too many which often makes a build look crowded.

On 3/24/2020 at 6:16 PM, leafan said:

Well it's getting there over on Ideas. It currently stands at 8302 supporters - have you supported it? I'm sure @povoq would appreciate it :thumbup:

Yes I would appreciate your support :cry_happy:

I'm at 8651 votes right now, support while you still can :grin:

4 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Whoa, that one's actually rather impressive... :thumbup: :oh: ...oh, yes, here's another one from this morning that's certainly worthy of the index. :wink:

LEGO Ideas - Castle Outpost by xXgGhostXx

Added, thanks. Further to that, I have added the following Ideas.

Mighty Fortress by hischen:

resize:800:450resize:800:450

Medieval Outpost by LEGO ScapeSculptureDesign (very similar to their previous entry of the Medieval Dock House):

WOW there are a lot of new castles to support !

I created a page on flickr. I'm not very using social media very much but I'm learning....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/187649841@N07/albums/with/72157713674034642

I've created albums for both of my 2 Lego Ideas submissions, some other simple projects (for the kids)

And I've just added my new medieval village with my medieval villager collection and lots of animals.

I don't think they are good enough for Lego Ideas, I didn't even took a day to built the largest house but I'm quite happy with it.

And Yes, I got my 9000th vote today !!!

Edited by povoq

22 hours ago, povoq said:

WOW there are a lot of new castles to support !

I created a page on flickr. I'm not very using social media very much but I'm learning....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/187649841@N07/albums/with/72157713674034642

I've created albums for both of my 2 Lego Ideas submissions, some other simple projects (for the kids)

And I've just added my new medieval village with my medieval villager collection and lots of animals.

I don't think they are good enough for Lego Ideas, I didn't even took a day to built the largest house but I'm quite happy with it.

And Yes, I got my 9000th vote today !!!

Some great scenes there! Wish I had enough room for a display like that haha

Furthermore, I have now added Black Falcon Stronghold by Xman:

Edited by leafan

13 hours ago, povoq said:

Why not try it on ideas :shrug_oh_well:
I personally think most of the castle builds on ideas are too big in scale, what I really want to see and get as a ideas set is something that goes with:
https://brickset.com/sets/7189-1/Mill-Village-Raid
https://brickset.com/sets/10193-1/Medieval-Market-Village

To expand my village, and your builds fits in perfectly there. I also love to see civilian castle figs and always a lot of animals:sweet: Bonus points for adding the dachshund :wink:

12 hours ago, leafan said:

Some great scenes there! Wish I had enough room for a display like that haha

Furthermore, I have now added Black Falcon Stronghold by Xman:

The link is accidentally deleted I think.

5 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Why not try it on ideas :shrug_oh_well:
I personally think most of the castle builds on ideas are too big in scale, what I really want to see and get as a ideas set is something that goes with:
https://brickset.com/sets/7189-1/Mill-Village-Raid
https://brickset.com/sets/10193-1/Medieval-Market-Village

To expand my village, and your builds fits in perfectly there. I also love to see civilian castle figs and always a lot of animals:sweet: Bonus points for adding the dachshund :wink:

These 2 sets (7189 and 10193) are the best medieval sets ever made by lego, and I'm sure the coming Blacksmith will fit perfectly with those 2.

I hope they'll make the goat again a it's in the original idea. I don't have set 7189 and I really like the peasants minifigs and those 2 goats but they are soooo expensive !

18 minutes ago, povoq said:

These 2 sets (7189 and 10193) are the best medieval sets ever made by lego, and I'm sure the coming Blacksmith will fit perfectly with those 2.

Not to mention that other upcoming castle, hidden deep in the woodlands, just in the middle of a forest stream :pir-wink: Remember what I've said, if TLG does not go for it, we rebel.

1 hour ago, povoq said:

I am 100% in agreement regarding the best sets, but I think the blacksmith is too big compared to them, but we will see what the set looks like :wink:

1 hour ago, povoq said:

I hope they'll make the goat again a it's in the original idea. I don't have set 7189 and I really like the peasants minifigs and those 2 goats but they are soooo expensive !

I also hope for a return of the goat even if I have 6 I would like more and maybe in different colours. However since the pirate set did not have enough "Lego coins" in their budget to bring back the monkey, unless there is another set that have the goat I think the chances are slim unfortunately :sceptic::cry_sad:

2 hours ago, Medzomorak said:

Not to mention that other upcoming castle, hidden deep in the woodlands, just in the middle of a forest stream :pir-wink: Remember what I've said, if TLG does not go for it, we rebel.

Haha, and I'm counting on you !:excited:

15 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

I am 100% in agreement regarding the best sets, but I think the blacksmith is too big compared to them, but we will see what the set looks like :wink:

I also hope for a return of the goat even if I have 6 I would like more and maybe in different colors. However since the pirate set did not have enough "Lego coins" in their budget to bring back the monkey, unless there is another set that have the goat I think the chances are slim unfortunately :sceptic::cry_sad:

You're probably right. Maybe it depends upon how old the machines are that make the pieces, of maybe the format of the digital files for production aren't used anymore by newer computer systems.

I think the best chance we've got is with the collectible minifigures because of all the new molds they create for each one of them.

This year we got nothing for the medieval scene but there are some animals that could be very nice, I'd like to see a sheep, a maybe a goose or a boar.  

6 hours ago, Medzomorak said:

The link is accidentally deleted I think.

Yes, you're right. I have now fixed. Thanks for letting me know.