leafan

Lego Ideas Support Thread - Historical/Castle

Medieval Guard House by Micro_Model_Maker, aka @legoMoccer (also thanks to @Digger of Bricks for the continued heads up!):

resize:800:450

13 hours ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

This will definitely get 10.000 votes and I believe we will see it for sale in 2021.

Re: The Castle in the Forest by @povoq.

Yes I agree that it'll reach 10k, but not sure if Lego will approve it after recently doing so with the Medieval Blacksmith.

I hope so though as it certainly deserves it.

P.S. - I seem to remember the minifigs having fleshie faces; I wonder if the designer changed it? Paging @povoq.

Edited by leafan
Clarity

5 minutes ago, leafan said:

Medieval Guard House by Micro_Model_Maker, aka @legoMoccer (also thanks to @Digger of Bricks for the continued heads up!):

Yes I agree that it'll reach 10k, but not sure if Lego will approve it after recently doing so with the Medieval Blacksmith.

I hope so though as it certainly deserves it.

P.S. - I seem to remember the minifigs having fleshie faces; I wonder if the designer changed it? Paging @povoq.

thanks for the support, and yes they were flesh ;)

6 minutes ago, legoMoccer said:

thanks for the support, and yes they were flesh ;)

Sorry, but the forum set-up merged by recent replies to the topic and made it look like I was talking about your gorgeous moc. I was referring to The Castle in the Forest by povoq:

I will shortly update my last post to be clear. Apologies for the confusion caused.

Edited by leafan

I didn't choose any flesh faces as it's not an idea based upon any IP. A saw a project that changed his main image on Lego Ideas. I thought it was not possible. But i never changed anything on mine except the updates.

(some content was deleted)

I'm glad to vote for any good castle on LEGO ideas, wishing best of luck to all of them, but if the creator reads this post I hope he'll support the other cool castle projects too. And I'm not saying this just for mine, I really like some of the other castle projects.

The more votes all castles can gather the better the message we send to the Lego Board of designers team to show we want more classic castles !

My project is the first classic castle that gets beyond the 5000 votes, if they think nobody really likes castles anymore whey won't choose any of our ideas.

I'm still very lucky to be the 2nd most popular idea for the moment but votes are slowing down, I'm not sure I'll make it in time for the first 2020 review as I said earlier. I'll just have to wait longer (the waiting for the results is going to be soo hard :cry_sad: )

Edited by povoq

i support some projects i just havnt been supporting every single one, but i can do from now on 

Edited by legoMoccer

So what do you think of my castle? (what I really mean is : come on, just vote for me, I'll vote for yours and modify my comment :classic: - no need to be harsh when we can be friends)

I must say i'm impressed by your ideas, your projects are completely different one from the other. I've absolutely no talent in microscale (maybe because I never tried...:look:) and you've already had 10K votes for your Nasa Spacecraft idea !

@legoMoccer and @povoq.

Whoa; I'm glad you two worked it out - I thought that we might have to bring in 'the heavies' :devil:

My own take on that is that you should support whatever you like, but it'd be great if we could all support each other and, as povoq said, let the Lego decision makers know that we mean business.

Let me extend my thanks to both of you, again, for creating some great Ideas and for joining us here to talk about them.

If I have it my way, the mods will create a special tag for those that reach 10k on Ideas.

This is the way/

23 minutes ago, povoq said:

So what do you think of my castle? (what I really mean is : come on, just vote for me, I'll vote for yours and modify my comment :classic: - no need to be harsh when we can be friends)

I must say i'm impressed by your ideas, your projects are completely different one from the other. I've absolutely no talent in microscale (maybe because I never tried...:look:) and you've already had 10K votes for your Nasa Spacecraft idea !

yeah i will start to vote on more in future, i honestly dont spend much time on ideas, i normally just upload and leave them, thats what i did with the Nasa one,

i really like your castle when i checked it out and i have supported it, i love that you pulled from classic castle sets for your idea, im doing somthing similar for my classic pirate submission 

the reason i make them so different is to try and cater to different audiences and hope one will stick, i noticed a lot of people have like 20+ projects all looking pretty similar and all stuck around 200/500 votes, being varied allows your to cross promote to different audiences and allows you to get maximum votes (in theory) - and of course building different themes makes every project fun and intresting 

Mirco scale is fun but you end up using a huge amount of parts on a tiny thing, like the ships project is like 300/400 parts per ship which is crazy for the size

8 minutes ago, leafan said:

@legoMoccer and @povoq.

Whoa; I'm glad you two worked it out - I thought that we might have to bring in 'the heavies' :devil:

My own take on that is that you should support whatever you like, but it'd be great if we could all support each other and, as povoq said, let the Lego decision makers know that we mean business.

Let me extend my thanks to both of you, again, for creating some great Ideas and for joining us here to talk about them.

If I have it my way, the mods will create a special tag for those that reach 10k on Ideas.

This is the way/

hahah nah im not one for arguing, im happy to support projects, i never really thought about the whole support all castle to send a message type thing but its a smart move, as long as we get castle back im happy 

You just got your 54th supporter. :sweet:

@legoMoccer

You don't spend much time on lego ideas ? 

I check my vote count 100 times a day

My daily humor depends upon the votes I get. *oh2*  :excited: *huh*:iamded_lol:

On mondays it's always *oh2* (due to the Lego Ideas email many people check the website and the votes are rising)

On thursdays it's always :sing:  :cry2: or even:cry3:

If I'm nice today it's because its monday, don't bother me on thursdays :cannon:

Edited by povoq

14 minutes ago, povoq said:

You just got your 54th supporter. :sweet:

@legoMoccer

You don't spend much time on lego ideas ? 

I check my vote count 100 times a day

My daily humor depends upon the votes I get. *oh2*  :excited: *huh*:iamded_lol:

On mondays it's always *oh2* (due to the Lego Ideas email many people check the website and the votes are rising)

On thursdays it's always :sing:  :cry2: or even:cry3:

If I'm nice today it's because its monday, don't bother me on thursdays :cannon:

hahaha thanks, i used to check loads with the Nasa project for the first month, but once i got to 700ish votes (took about 3 weeks to hit that) they stopped and it went to a crawl of mayb 1/2 a day, i actually forgot all about it for a year then i came back and it had hit 8/9k so then i was checking a lot again, but i have noticed another one of my projects the lighthouse hit 600 votes in just under 3 days and now it gets about 5 a day so maybe when i check next year it will have made it haha but having that nasa project hit 10k made me want to post more projects and now i have a back log waiting to upload

22 hours ago, leafan said:

I have added Wizards Keep by Woligan:

resize:800:450resize:800:450

Oh my, people keep getting better with these Castle/Pirates builds. TLG keeps getting lessons in the meantime, my my indeed.

Is Woligan a member here at EB? I think some courteous invite should really go out for him, this may deserve an own thread to discuss.

2 hours ago, Medzomorak said:

Oh my, people keep getting better with these Castle/Pirates builds. TLG keeps getting lessons in the meantime, my my indeed.

Is Woligan a member here at EB? I think some courteous invite should really go out for him, this may deserve an own thread to discuss.

As far as I know he/she is not a member... yet.

I have made the invite though.

On 3/14/2020 at 12:06 AM, leafan said:

I have added Wizards Keep by Woligan:

resize:800:450resize:800:450

This is pretty cool. I get sort of a Masters of The Universe vibe from it.

On 3/9/2020 at 9:31 AM, leafan said:

Sorry, but the forum set-up merged by recent replies to the topic and made it look like I was talking about your gorgeous moc. I was referring to The Castle in the Forest by povoq:

I will shortly update my last post to be clear. Apologies for the confusion caused.

I want that set.

Bad.

3 hours ago, SteamSewnEmpire said:

I want that set.

Bad.

Well it's getting there over on Ideas. It currently stands at 8302 supporters - have you supported it? I'm sure @povoq would appreciate it :thumbup: