leafan

Lego Ideas Support Thread - Historical/Castle

4 hours ago, Hive said:

Good news indeed. I think they'll probably have to tweak the design a great deal, but I'm happy just to be getting a slice of civilian Castle again.

I think the Lego design team will make the following changes to the MEDIEVAL BLACKSMITH.

-reduce parts for the building (simplify roof build, and walls)

-For the grass they'll use some plates, at best something similar to the treehouse.

-I think they'll change the color for the grass, i'd add a lot of normal green and dark green instead of sand green

-Add a lot of  medium nougat color to the structure itself or exteriour details, maybe even delete the grass and have a medium nougat colored ground

-Eliminate almost all the 1 x 4 printed tiles. They'll maybe keep some of them just for around the windows. Possibly some prints for 1x6 or 1x8 tiles

-2 color for the leaves on the tree instead of 4 colors. 

-Some things do not seem very solid (roofs and support structure) it needs to be build in a completely different way. Probably very much simplified.

-as minifigures I think the 3rd should be a soldier (with his horse) in addition to, the smith and his wife.

-probably less animals : if they keep the goat and horse they'll suppress the owl; maybe even the chickens.

-I'd like to see the smith at work outside, (display value) They could create an opening or an outside workplace like the other lego ideas blacksmith project. If they think it changes too much the original project I think they'll have to create hinges to open the build completely just like the old blacksmith set 3739 from 2002.

I think the goal would be a set for 100 to 130 $ or €, that means a huge part decrease compared to the original idea. 

It will be a modern version of set 3739, with a part count between 1000 and 1400 It could seem a little disappointing but i don't care that much. We got a medieval set !!! Maybe even a goat !so i don't care. I'll come back later so see how wrong (or right) I was. What do you think they'll do?

6 hours ago, povoq said:

It will be a modern version of set 3739, with a part count between 1000 and 1400 It could seem a little disappointing but i don't care that much. We got a medieval set !!! Maybe even a goat !so i don't care. I'll come back later so see how wrong (or right) I was. What do you think they'll do?

I agree with you, making it more compact, practical and well...cheaper is a good direction. Easier to sell and promote later castle themes.

This may well be a great homage to the classic Blacksmith Shop, which was also a SEC back in the days if I'm correct.

3739-1.png

Any size between this and the idea version would be very well welcomed by me.

9 hours ago, povoq said:

-probably less animals : if they keep the goat and horse they'll suppress the owl; maybe even the chickens.

As long as they give us all the animals or even more I will be happy :tongue:
For me it is fine they reduce the scale so it looks more in line with mill village raid and medieval market village, but I am not so sure they will do it :shrug_oh_well:

@povoq I agree with most of your theories on the redesign.

I also think that your own submission will be the next Castle set to be approved. It's gaining support akin to the rate of The Pirate Bay.

Welcome to Eurobricks, @Jcreations912! I'm glad you took my invitation to join us here.

I hope your project, LEGO Robin Hood, gets to 10k quickly! It's a great idea and we discussed it somewhat earlier in this very thread.

I also added your earlier creation, The King's Castle Gatehouse, ages ago. Another worthy idea.

Edited by leafan

On 12/16/2019 at 1:27 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Here's something a bit bigger submitted this morning that's also worth bringing up... :wink:

LEGO Ideas - Princess June's Castle by legolux1973

Hello Digger of Bricks and the rest of the forum.

@Digger of Bricks

Thank you very much for posting my project in this thread. I was really surprised and happy when I saw this post in Google. :thumbup:

I knew Eurobricksforum since a longer time as a reader (I'm collecting Star Wars, so most of my MOCs go more into the direction of Spaceships / Star Wars) but I was never aware of this huge and great Medieval / Castle section. Really nice, so much tutorials, information and wonderfull MOCs. :classic:

Some days ago I was finally able to finish my castle in real bricks, here are 2 pictures of it.

49506577172_a3890e5d40_z.jpg

RealPrincessJuneCastlePic01 by legolux1973, on Flickr

49506578367_e327286996_z.jpg

RealPrincessJuneCastleGroupPic by legolux1973, on Flickr

I hope you like the castle. If you have questions, feel free to ask me. Ideas for enhancements (I'm actually working on a huge list of "bugs" :laugh:) are also very welcome.

Regards,

legolux1973

Edited by legolux1973
Too large images

@legolux1973 Firstly, welcome to Eurobricks! I hope you stay and join with our community.

Your Idea is fantastic and deserves to get to 10k support for review.

Thanks for the extra photos and for saying hello!

2 hours ago, legolux1973 said:

@Digger of Bricks

Thank you very much for posting my project in this thread. I was really surprised and happy when I saw this post in Google. :thumbup:

I knew Eurobricksforum since a longer time as a reader (I'm collecting Star Wars, so most of my MOCs go more into the direction of Spaceships / Star Wars) but I was never aware of this huge and great Medieval / Castle section. Really nice, so much tutorials, information and wonderfull MOCs. :classic:

Some days ago I was finally able to finish my castle in real bricks, here are 2 pictures of it.

RealPrincessJuneCastlePic01 by legolux1973, on Flickr

RealPrincessJuneCastleGroupPic by legolux1973, on Flickr

I hope you like the castle. If you have questions, feel free to ask me. Ideas for enhancements (I'm actually working on a huge list of "bugs" :laugh:) are also very welcome.

Regards,

legolux1973

Hello Legolux,

You should add these images in a update on your lego Ideas page, that's what I did with my real version.

(I can't load my own images Max size 0.05MB ???)

On 2/13/2020 at 11:53 AM, leafan said:

@povoq I agree with most of your theories on the redesign.

I also think that your own submission will be the next Castle set to be approved. It's gaining support akin to the rate of The Pirate Bay.

The pirate Bay and a few other ideas did a little better (the best was untitled goose game that got 5000 votes in 5 days !)

But I won't complain :-) with mostly more than a 100 votes a day it's a huge success already ! 

I still hope to make it to the first 2020 review

Some ideas that were very famous get completely forgotten. Sheriff's Safe only got 7 votes yesterday !

We'll see how it goes... 

OMG, this is so freaking adorable... :thumbup: :blush:

LEGO Ideas - Fairy Tale House by farmfarm

resize:1600:900

On 2/11/2020 at 4:59 PM, Ben Pitchford said:
On 2/8/2020 at 4:29 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Ooooooh, looks like @Ben Pitchford's got us a good one today! :thumbup: :blush:

LEGO Ideas - Medieval Dock House by Ben Pitchford

Thanks Digger! Much appreciated...

On 2/20/2020 at 4:16 AM, legolux1973 said:
On 12/16/2019 at 6:27 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Here's something a bit bigger submitted this morning that's also worth bringing up... :wink:

LEGO Ideas - Princess June's Castle by legolux1973

You're both very welcome! :classic: Here's to wishing you two the best of luck on your journey to ten thousand supporters! :grin:

Thanks. I had spotted that one but didn't have a chance to add it until now.

On 3/5/2020 at 12:19 AM, leafan said:

Added Minas Tirith by GJC15344:

resize:800:450

resize:800:450

I fear this one's fate will be the same as the previous design's. Anyway one support from me just to tell Lego where we stand.

On 1/11/2020 at 8:28 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Here's another lovely submission from today worth bringing up here... :classic:

LEGO Ideas - The Castle in the Forest by povoq

resize:1600:900

This will definitely get 10.000 votes and I believe we will see it for sale in 2021.

Edited by Brickander Brickumnus