leafan

Lego Ideas Support Thread - Historical/Castle

Hello poVoq here,

Good news for the Classic Castle fans !!!

My idea "The Castle in the Forest" is getting votes at a really high speed ! 

> Top popular gathering votes 1st place for a total of 10 days since I started (just over 3 weeks ago),

> it's the idea that gathered the most votes of all projects this weekend.

At this rate I will pass the 5000 votes this weekend, my idea could be in the Lego Ideas e-mail next monday.

I need less than 8 votes a day to succeed before the end. That means that my goal is not to get the 10000 votes in 2 years, I'm hoping to get the 10K before the end of april so that my idea will be in the First 2020 Review.

If Lego choses my idea (like they have recently chosen the classic pirate idea) we could have a new Lego castle just before for Christmas 2021 !

Thank you all :-)

PS If you want to reply and say you'll buy it, please do so in the comment section on the Lego Ideas website. You never know, those sorts of comments might influence the final decision.

PPS : Vote also for other classic castle projects, it shows to Lego that there are still many of us that want classic castles/medieval themed sets.

resized 40%.jpg

What do you think, could i it be #036 ? :-)

Edited by povoq

@povoq - Thank you for taking my suggestion to come here. Welcome to Eurobricks!

I hope to see you stick around and join our community here.

The reaction to your idea when posted here was fantastic; I hope it gets into review and is eventually made into a real set.

Thank you leafan, I'm so excited, checking my vote count 100 times a day. :-) 

Just now, povoq said:

Thank you leafan, I'm so excited, checking my vote count 100 times a day. :-) 

It'd be great if you could share how you got into Lego and especially Castle. What inspired you? Did you like it when you were young? Are there any future ideas in the Historical setting that we can look forward to?

I've ordered some parts at bricklink to make a bigger medieval village. I found set 10193, the medieval village at a really good price and now I'd like to build 2 more buildings in exactly the same style. One will be in medium dark flesh and the other in sand blue. I don't know when I will find the time to build them but that's my project for now. I'll show you when I'm done.

11 minutes ago, povoq said:

I've ordered some parts at bricklink to make a bigger medieval village. I found set 10193, the medieval village at a really good price and now I'd like to build 2 more buildings in exactly the same style. One will be in medium dark flesh and the other in sand blue. I don't know when I will find the time to build them but that's my project for now. I'll show you when I'm done.

Sounds great, I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Welcome @povoq! You've got an excellent Ideas model and it's probably the fastest growing castle-related entry I've ever seen. I'll go support it as soon as I figure out what my password is :grin:

8 hours ago, povoq said:

Hi and welcome!
Please feel free to use my idea for a future set :wink::

On 1/30/2020 at 8:54 AM, Roebuck said:

Definitely the best vintage! 7189: Mill Village Raid :wub:

A similar farm set with stable for horses and cows and maybe a small house for the farmers. In addition to a pigsty and chicken coop as small builds. Then some goats and sheep going grazing and a lot of different crops growing. Maybe a knight and his squire comes riding to the farm for a hot meal and spend the night in the stable sleeping on some hay... One can dream right :laugh:

Regarding your current set, I really like your squirrels :thumbup:, but I feel it is a little lacking in the animal mould department with only 2 squirrels and a horse in such a big set.. Lego ideas is a place were fans can make and see their dream sets come true and in my opinion they should use the opportunity to include more animals than the normal sets have :tongue: E.g. your set would be the perfect opportunity to include the new deer from Harry Potter in a normal color, after all part of the reason the Forestmen where outlaws where because they hunted the kings deer. There is even a deer on their coat of arms. A couple of goats in a new color would also make a lot of fans happy if it passes review :wink:
So at least consider making a update with a few extra animals included.
I will support it and post the same comment on Ideas as you requested :classic:

(copy of comment posted on lego IDEAS)
Thank you Roebuck, 
I considered many animals all those you've said but also, a spider, an owl, birds, a crow, a bat, a fish, a boar, a rabbit, chickens, and a bear.

Some of these, like the deer, don't exist in stud.io so I couldn't use it, some others, like the bat and the olw, I do not like the mold so much. The bat mold is to old and the owl (even if the newest printings are great) is just a little too big for me. And the printed owl is not in stud.io

Some just don't fit very well here in this scene, like a goat (that I really want to have !) or chickens or a rabbit.

Lego always put very few animals in sets and I guess they do it on purpose, it makes them so rare and valuable. I'd also like so see much more but if they make this set with the squirrels and a horse I'd be happy enough.

The horse is also important for me, in the '90s you could get 4 or even 5 horses in one set. You could easily have a small horse riding army. Just look at the lego sets now, how long has it been since we got one normal horse?

To answer your last question, I already did an update with more animals. :-) 

If some of you want to check out my updates on my first idea on Lego Ideas,

I've created a huge scene. It has many animals and details but the most interesting thing is how I turned the plates on the ground. 

That build was sooooo complex ! When at the end I build the main castle I just wanted to finish it.

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/1e7042a3-ea85-4b6e-935a-38dee2264451/updates#content_nav_tabs

Supported! It's a great looking idea and I really hope it will get done. We need some Castle love! 

Check out this lovely Idea; LEGO Robin Hood by Jcreations912:

resize:800:450

And here's his own video showcase:

Edited by leafan
Added video

16 minutes ago, thenightman89 said:

Review results are coming soon!

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/584498a2-a6b4-4118-a606-0d982a0815b5

There is also a giveaway for LEGO Ideas 21320 Dinosaur Fossils if you comment who you think the winners will be!

As pointed out by @thenightman89 over in the Ideas thread; the results of the latest Ideas review will be in a couple of days and Namirob's excellent Medieval Blacksmith is one of the designs in contention.

Let's hope that it wins! We Castle and Historical fans deserve this.

Robin Hood idea is great, manageable size still with a lot of detail.

I've been saying the Blacksmith is a bit too large, but, might look nice next to for example, The Castle in the Forest, or Robin Hood idea above (& Other Castle IDEAS of recent times) + a Blacksmith needs a Castle! :knight:

Edited by TeriXeri

6 hours ago, leafan said:

Check out this lovely Idea; LEGO Robin Hood by Jcreations912

Ah, that is quite a lovely looking submission! :thumbup: 

5 hours ago, leafan said:

As pointed out by @thenightman89 over in the Ideas thread; the results of the latest Ideas review will be in a couple of days and Namirob's excellent Medieval Blacksmith is one of the designs in contention.

Speaking of such, the creator of the The Seven Dwarfs' House that's also among that review has submitted another project that's worthy of this index... :wink:

LEGO Ideas - The Mountain Windmill by Hanwasyellowfirst

resize:1600:900

8 hours ago, leafan said:

Wasn't that one rejected a while back? It's still in review?

10 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

I've been saying the Blacksmith is a bit too large

Personally I think most of the castle sets on ideas are too large and do not go together with sets that Lego have released earlier, but if means we get the goat in a new color (maybe even the horse and rabbit also) I am all for it gets approved :tongue:

15 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Personally I think most of the castle sets on ideas are too large and do not go together with sets that Lego have released earlier, but if means we get the goat in a new color (maybe even the horse and rabbit also) I am all for it gets approved :tongue:

I would agree. The high piece count make it hard to approve if they get enough votes also...Bring back the goat! :-)

On 2/8/2020 at 4:29 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Ooooooh, looks like @Ben Pitchford's got us a good one today! :thumbup: :blush:

LEGO Ideas - Medieval Dock House by Ben Pitchford

resize:1600:900

Thanks Digger! Much appreciated...

19 minutes ago, Aurore said:

The Medieval Blacksmith has been approved!! :excited:

I'll update the index when I get home. It's great news.

As much as I wanted the Haunted Mansion project to get approved I’m glad that Castle fans are getting something for once.

Good news indeed. I think they'll probably have to tweak the design a great deal, but I'm happy just to be getting a slice of civilian Castle again.