leafan

Lego Ideas Support Thread - Historical/Castle

On 9/27/2019 at 11:57 PM, leafan said:

Added Archers Tower by RyszardBosiak:

Hello,

Thank you for invite me, and thank you for sharing my set. Do you think that is a good idea to create new topic regarding with my MOC?

I'm quite new here, I read about how to create a new topics and etc, but it always good to ask someone with grater experience.

Best Regards,

Ryszard

21 hours ago, RyszardBosiak said:

Hello,

Thank you for invite me, and thank you for sharing my set. Do you think that is a good idea to create new topic regarding with my MOC?

I'm quite new here, I read about how to create a new topics and etc, but it always good to ask someone with grater experience.

Best Regards,

Ryszard

Firstly, thanks for taking my suggestion at joining up here.

If you'd like feedback on your moc, or if you just want to do a more detailed write-up of your thoughts on it etc, then by all means, make a separate post on it.

There is a healthy MOC community here.

Congratulations on your excellent ideas entry!

Also, there is a sub-forum for new members to introduce themselves, if you wanted to take that opportunity.

Edited by leafan

That Cliffside Villa is an excellent set.  So many details.  The landscaping is great and architecture has a Rivendell feel to it.  The figs look fantastic and the witch king's crown in that color looks awesome.  I would buy that set in a heartbeat.  

On 5/3/2019 at 5:00 PM, Hive said:

I'll admit that I haven't gone through the entire list (perhaps half of it). But sure, among them are some impressive mocs - but an impressive moc does not necessarily make a good set.

I haven't for a long time noticed a medieval Ideas set that even close to matches the quality of, say, The Old Fishing Store while also being something that could realistically become a set.

On 5/6/2019 at 2:10 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, even if an entry is a bit overkill in the grebbling department (as goes for most quality medieval creations), all Lego would have to do is scale that complexity back just a little to bring it into a more viable format (kinda like the treatment Lego gave Peter Reid's Exo-Suit).

I mean, the way I see it, it's better to give Lego more to work upon rather than less.

On 5/7/2019 at 4:29 PM, Aanchir said:

I agree, but there still ought to be a certain amount of restraint. How LEGO redesigns Ideas projects into sets often depends not just on what they can or can't do in terms of costs and logistics, but also what they think it was about the original project that the most people were drawn to. If a project is so huge, complex, or elaborate that people are supporting it for those very reasons, it becomes increasingly difficult for designers to simplify it or scale it down in a way that doesn't eliminate what supporters liked about it in the first place.

On 5/7/2019 at 5:10 PM, TeriXeri said:

Those oversized medieval inns and such don't really appeal to me compared to the more Set-sized builds and Castles.

Size isn't everything.

I am late to the party :blush:
Why do all the castles entries to Ideas need to be so big a detailed?! Yes, they look god, but a single building usually have a lot more bricks then the biggest medieval castle Lego has made, they do not fit the scale with any other set..
Now pirates finally have a Ideas set approved, it is about time castle get one as well :wacko:
Can not someone that are skilled enough please make a set that goes together with 7189 Mill Village Raid and 10193 Medieval Market Village and please put in a lot of animals while you are at it :wink:

That town hall is amazing great job.   I really like the interior and all the details on the exterior too.   Hope it gets enough supporters.  

On 10/25/2019 at 2:12 PM, Roebuck said:

I am late to the party :blush:
Why do all the castles entries to Ideas need to be so big a detailed?! Yes, they look god, but a single building usually have a lot more bricks then the biggest medieval castle Lego has made, they do not fit the scale with any other set..
Now pirates finally have a Ideas set approved, it is about time castle get one as well :wacko:
Can not someone that are skilled enough please make a set that goes together with 7189 Mill Village Raid and 10193 Medieval Market Village and please put in a lot of animals while you are at it :wink:

If TLG would be clever enough, they'd hire @pantelis to design new old school sets, and yeah, I'm serious.

14 hours ago, zoth33 said:

That town hall is amazing great job.   I really like the interior and all the details on the exterior too.   Hope it gets enough supporters.  

Yeah it's nice to see a Castle themed submission that isn't the standard type of building. Something out of the ordinary.

I have supported it.

Edited by leafan

9 hours ago, Aine said:

If TLG would be clever enough, they'd hire @pantelis to design new old school sets, and yeah, I'm serious.

Owwwoo... My friend Aine iam so happy for this comment of you!!!! Thank you very much!!!!!!