leafan

Lego Ideas Support Thread - Historical/Castle

Those oversized medieval inns and such don't really appeal to me compared to the more Set-sized builds and Castles.

Size isn't everything.

Edited by TeriXeri

Nothing too spectacular, but here's another new consideration-worthy project for the index @leafan:classic:

LEGO Ideas - Medieval House by VORTEX91

Current Submission Image

On 5/7/2019 at 9:29 AM, Aanchir said:
On 5/6/2019 at 7:10 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, even if an entry is a bit overkill in the grebbling department (as goes for most quality medieval creations), all Lego would have to do is scale that complexity back just a little to bring it into a more viable format (kinda like the treatment Lego gave Peter Reid's Exo-Suit).

I mean, the way I see it, it's better to give Lego more to work upon rather than less. :classic:

I agree, but there still ought to be a certain amount of restraint. How LEGO redesigns Ideas projects into sets often depends not just on what they can or can't do in terms of costs and logistics, but also what they think it was about the original project that the most people were drawn to. If a project is so huge, complex, or elaborate that people are supporting it for those very reasons, it becomes increasingly difficult for designers to simplify it or scale it down in a way that doesn't eliminate what supporters liked about it in the first place.

Kinda true, as such changes even affected Pete Reid's original submission where it lost some of it's more appealing proportions in the finalized product.

Great thread with some great MOCs!  There were some nice castle MOCs I would have missed if I didn’t see this thread so thanks for creating it @leafan!

Just wanted to highlight again this project as it only needs 10 more supporters to have a new time extension but it only has 9 remaining days now so... Please support it and share it! :classic: 

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/1378eaf1-c3a2-448c-855f-38b6db883166

On 3/5/2019 at 10:44 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

This project has 477 supporters, but only TWO DAYS left as of the time of this post. :distressed:

Medieval Market by TheLordOfBricks

I totally love @TheLordOfBricks‘ MOCs, he’s one of my favorite castle MOCers so it makes me really happy to see he uploads his MOCs on LEGO Ideas! Check out his latest MOC:

Establishment of Dol Amroth

On 3/8/2019 at 1:01 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Check out this beauty submitted just today! :wub:

Medieval Knight House by Namirob

What an interesting project! Reminds me of @spaceman76’s MOCs:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/101871406@N06/

Also an idea: what about making this thread a complete inspiration thread: not only Ideas I mean, just inspirational MOCs. @leafan?

Edited by LegoModularFan

Here's another newly submitted project worthy of mention here: LEGO Ideas - Medieval Farm by cubeous

Current Submission Image

11 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

(Pretty sure Soren has a Eurobricks account as well but couldn’t find it, maybe @Digger of Bricks knows it?)

Why indeed I do, his Eurobricks alias is @spaceman76:wink:

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Why indeed I do, his Eurobricks alias is @spaceman76:wink:

Thanks, I updated my post!

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Here's another newly submitted project worthy of mention here: LEGO Ideas - Medieval Farm by cubeous

This one looks great, loving that roof! Supported! :classic:

5 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, here's a rare kind of historically-themed Ideas project you don't see everyday: A Roman Empire themed project*huh*

LEGO Ideas - The Grand Colosseum by jofra-imperial

About Colosseum, there’s this brilliantly detailed microscale project that totally deserves to be highlighted here!

LEGO Ideas - Colloseum (Architecture Style) by SkyWalter

Amphitheatrum Flavium - Colosseum

Edited by LegoModularFan

Ooh, that harbor is quite lovely, and while it's a bit large it doesn't seem unreasonably so. I also appreciate that the designer demonstrated restraint with the types of parts and building techniques they used. Supported!

On 5/6/2019 at 1:10 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

This isn't quite a medieval castle, but it's sorta close: Brickstone Manor by farmfarm

Spoiler

6376389-Main-picture.jpg

Lovely for Medieval world building.

On 5/29/2019 at 2:35 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Looks like Namirob has just submitted a new project worth mentioning here: LEGO Ideas - Medieval Harbor

Spoiler

Current Submission Image

This is amazing. I'm a big fan of Namirob's work. Remind me...is he registered here? I need to pester him/her on Ideas to come here.

Also, I have added all suggestions to the Index now. I will try to update more often and re-work the list when I have time to sort my type.

Check out this new Greek Temple by Imperator49:

Spoiler

6249631-Temple4.png

And this Kinetic Saloon Simple by brickster0404:

Spoiler

6487579-Pub_saloon_kai.jpg

On 6/5/2019 at 9:58 PM, Ben Pitchford said:

Thanks for sharing this Digger of Bricks!! I appreciate your support and comments...https://ideas.lego.com/projects/fe760b8b-4d27-4ab9-9373-353661f4a9f8/comments_tab#content_nav_tabs

You've most welcome!!! :sweet: Here's to wishing you the best of luck in your journey towards ten thousand supporters! 

23 minutes ago, leafan said:

This is amazing. I'm a big fan of Namirob's work. Remind me...is he registered here? I need to pester him/her on Ideas to come here.

There is a @Namirob here on EB, though he hasn't ever posted, so I'm not sure whether or not if it's the same person. :shrug_confused:

25 minutes ago, leafan said:

Also, I have added all suggestions to the Index now. I will try to update more often and re-work the list when I have time to sort my type.

AWESOME!!! :thumbup: :grin:

1 hour ago, Ben Pitchford said:

Congrats to Namirob for his recent project reaching 10k!!??

OMG it got there!! Yes!!! Congratulations Namirob!!!!

However, we cannot rest on our laurels... Let's really get behind @Mark of Falworth's Black Falcon's Fortress next:

Spoiler

5376843-o_1cbcro66314g23bdief12jr1uu04u-

It's the next highest Castle themed idea and I think, well deserving of more support.