Sign in to follow this  
Peppermint_M

[MOC] Teithiwr (Traveller)

47221796801_3d1b3e102c_c.jpg

This is my attempt at a "harder" SciFi build, something a little more real. Keeping that in mind, I looked at the aesthetic of current and past space exploration vessels, both realised and theoretical. 

I imagined this as some sort of smaller scout craft that would be sent out from a larger vessel. Teithiwr is Traveller in Welsh, a name I thought apt for a little spacecraft set out to chart new corners of the universe.

40256807853_06f2303016.jpg

Onward brave explorer! The Pilot is currently flying the craft. Of course, without the constraints that a LEGO Minifig necessitates I could have positioned a pilot a little better. If a minifig was human scaled then it would not be as charming though, so I will happily work with them when I build :classic:

40256807423_938b4d3e1a.jpg

The propulsion unit, keeping in mind that in space there is no air resistance to work around, inertia means the thrusters are only there to manoeuvre around. 

I hope you like this MOC, it was a fun and new challenge for me to keep things a little more "down to earth" so to speak. :laugh:

This is a really nice & realistic design for a near-future spacecraft.  The only change I'd make to it personally would be, instead of having the astronaut piloting it positioned the way you have them, I'd have them face-up, but with their feet towards the nose, similarly to how the astronauts in the early Mercury & Gemini space capsules were positioned, but realize there is probably not enough room in the top part to add such a seating arrangement, even using some tricky SNOT techniques....