Sign in to follow this  
goatman461

[Factions Ep. 1] the Captain's Quarters on Felucia

*Your entry has earned 15XP*

Year 8 ABY. Personal, subterranean quarters of elected Captain Mor Tuuk, former first mate to the Founder.
Nemoidian Bunker and Pass on Felucia

...125 days after the scuttling of Separatist ships on Felucia, year 19 BBY. There had always been division between the naval and special forces detachments. As the Founder led rock-works to burrow into the valley walls, the Black Brigade readied armaments and spent most of their time with drills and guard duty. When no onslaught of clones came over the hills, they refused to give up their bellicose duties to start crops or raise homes. 

As soon a naval crews had cleared a path out of the valley, the marine contingent set out to find laborers and sources of food. What they found were Felucians.

The Black Brigade pillaged the Felucian farmers and brought back their young as slaves carrying whatever supplies looked most valuable. The Founder would have none of this. He stood firm and held the commandant in disgrace. Some of the warriors moved to fight, but the commandant gave no order. Finally, the Founder unshackled the Felucians as the warriors watched in horror and shame. 

That pass through the rocks became infamous for the division it caused between the Nemoidian warrior elites and the founders of the scuttled town. The rock beneath that very spot was eventually reserved as the official quarters of the town Captain, so he could always stand at the pass defending honor agains tyranny. 

Every day, in what is now his own quarters, Mor Tuuk is reminded of his Captain's stance long ago... 

...and the growth of their town that refused to rule through violence, but instead through service to their fellow man. 

Nemoidian Felucia pass 4

Spoiler

where the build fits in the larger MOC

IMG_0644

This is simply gorgeous! Chock full of NPUs and detail, as one might expect from a Goatman MOC, but also I must say I love the story you've told and the deep drama unfurld in an otherwise small build. Top notch. Great work. Your landscaping skills are phenomenal. I know you more for your shipwork, but the environment you portray is really commendable.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Very bold to do brick-built Felucians. Good work! Your "trees" are amazing too.

very nice as always...i like the use of the masonry profile bricks for the bed cushions...very clever!

1 hour ago, Vedauwoo said:

very nice as always...i like the use of the masonry profile bricks for the bed cushions...very clever!

Thanks. Stolen from @Darth Bjorn who credited Paul Hartzog

Awesome build. I really like the commitment to such a weird planet in terms of its wildlife and aesthetic.