The Brick King

Custom CMF Drafts by Me

Inspired by the work of AshnFlash, I started making CMF Drafts in late September/early October of last year. Recently, I began posting some of them to YouTube in my own videos. Please, check 'em out, leave a like and comment, and add any constructive criticism you see fit!

19 hours ago, The Brick King said:

Inspired by the work of AshnFlash, I started making CMF Drafts in late September/early October of last year. Recently, I began posting some of them to YouTube in my own videos. Please, check 'em out, leave a like and comment, and add any constructive criticism you see fit!

Damn impressive work, just about as close as a pro right outta the gates with your DW CMF Draft back in November! :thumbup: :oh3: Particularly, I really dig your Spider-Verse and Young Justice drafts (Is @Ashnflash aware of work yet?). :classic:

Also, are you familiar with @Robert8's Ideas for CMFs topic? If not, perhaps it may inspire you to draw-up a non-licensed CMS draft of your own! :purrr:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

I love your, doctor who series, might you consider doing a classic who one or a mixed one :P, though if you'll allow me to nitpick Auton is said like Ought-on.

I'm sure the others will be great too, but I had to watch the doctor Who one first as doctor who is my favourite thing.

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Damn impressive work, just about as close as a pro right outta the gates with your DW CMF Draft back in November! :thumbup: :oh3: Particularly, I really dig your Spider-Verse and Young Justice drafts (Is @Ashnflash aware of work yet?). :classic:

Also, are you familiar with @Robert8's Ideas for CMFs topic? If not, perhaps it may inspire you to draw-up a non-licensed CMS draft of your own! :purrr:

Thanks for the kind words! I believe he is, I mean, hopefully. And yes, Robert8's work is amazing. Definitely a consideration.

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

I love your, doctor who series, might you consider doing a classic who one or a mixed one :P, though if you'll allow me to nitpick Auton is said like Ought-on.

I'm sure the others will be great too, but I had to watch the doctor Who one first as doctor who is my favourite thing.

Again, thank you! No worries on the nitpicking; as an American I find pronouncing British words difficult. 

21 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

I was not aware of this @Digger of Bricks. But wow @The Brick King these are great! I love the Young Justice one. It's been requested for me to do a lot. I love seeing it here! 

Not a fan of your comment about my Kingpin though :P 

Thanks so much! Means a lot.

All in good fun, of course. :P

4 hours ago, The Brick King said:

New CMF Draft, based on RWBY:

Excellent artwork once again @The Brick King:thumbup: 

I must say, this has to be the first CMF Draft I've ever seen based upon a less-mainstream property. Though I've never heard of the show up until this point, I like how the character Yang Xiao-Long turned out in particular. :classic:

2 hours ago, The Brick King said:

As a preview of my next series:

Oooooh, pretty nice! I really like how Classic-Styled Thor turned out in particular! :thumbup: :smug:

On 4/2/2019 at 4:25 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Oooooh, pretty nice! I really like how Classic-Styled Thor turned out in particular! :thumbup: :smug:

Thanks! I'm quite happy with how he turned out as well. The Classic Marvel style really suits minifigures, I've found.

2 hours ago, The Brick King said:

The Classic Marvel style really suits minifigures, I've found.

Well, generally speaking, I personally think the more simplistic designs of DC/Marvel characters' comic-based iterations are definitely more fitting for the classic feel of the Lego Minifigure. I mean, outside of minifigures, I usually prefer such characters' more photo-realistic, cinematic iterations for the most part; but, their comic-based counterparts just work better for minifigures in a more Classic context. :wink:

12 hours ago, The Brick King said:

Here it is, the Classic Marvel CMF Draft:

While this is an excellently thought-out CMF Draft all-in-all, damn, it was particularly awesome to see you include those comic-based iterations of both Star-Lord and Rocket Racoon, as I believe those may be the first ever hypothetical minifigure renderings I've ever seen done for those designs! I've always wanted to see those two in those iterations as minifigures for awhile now, and as a result, they're my two favorite designs out of an already superb Draft! :thumbup: :grin_wub:

8 hours ago, The Brick King said:

Yet another draft is complete, this time based on Overwatch:

Heh, I like how Mach T. Tracer's CMF render turned out in particular! :thumbup: :smug:

12 hours ago, The Brick King said:

My last draft for awhile, Young Justice Season 2:

Nice work, I'm particularly keen on how Wonder Girl turned out! :thumbup: :classic:

Next time you're around, I still hope you'll consider doing an original CMF Draft someday. :blush:

8 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Next time you're around, I still hope you'll consider doing an original CMF Draft someday. :blush:

As in original Lego IP? Hey, it's a possibility, I just like to make Drafts based on IPs I like that is different/something Lego would never make.