Digger of Bricks

[POLL] What's Your Favorite Action/Adventure Theme(s) of the 2010's?

Best Action/Adventure Theme(s) of the 2010's?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. What's Your Favorite(s)?

So, what do you personally consider to be your favorite(s) and/or the best Action/Adventure Theme(s) of the 2010's? 

Share your thoughts and elaborations in both the poll and discussion topic here! :classic:

P.S. Also share your thoughts on your favorite Action/Adventure Themes of the 1990's and 2000's too!

Edited by Digger of Bricks

It's no crime to pick all (well, except none hehe) right? :grin:

Pretty much grew up with the themes despite hardly buying any of the sets and also exploring those that haven't been familiar with in the later years has been very fun! Plus, they're original themes too! Which comes with funky dope ideas! :thumbup:

Edited by JJ Tong (zfogshooterz)

I picked Ultra-Agents but I would have picked Nexo Knights, World Racers and Atlantis too, I didn't know was multi-choice 

Edited by zzzxxxxzzz

Even though there have only been just under thirty voters as of the time of this post, it's interesting to see how Legends of Chima has some of the least fanfare so far.

1 hour ago, dr_spock said:

How about Power Miners and those crystal crazy rock monsters?

DAMNIT! :wall:

Shoot, I've totally overlooked that theme, one that should've been included in the selection lineup for the 2000's action/adventure themes poll. :facepalm: Well, thank you for bring up that major oversight of mine, as it has now incorporated into its corresponding topic, being a theme introduced in 2009 and all:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

Monsters Fighters for the spooky mood (and its similarities with Adventurers). Maybe Hidden side later too (but that is too early.

Ninjago for the buids, and the Asian/Futuristic mix, and because my son likes it very much!

5 hours ago, sander1992 said:

Monster Fighters, without question.

I am really curious about the Hidden Side theme.

20 minutes ago, Ambroise said:

Monsters Fighters for the spooky mood (and its similarities with Adventurers). Maybe Hidden side later too (but that is too early.

Being Lego's only two major "spooky" action/adventure playthemes seen so far, I definitely prefer Monster Fighters over Hidden Side for the former's more classic premise and setting, as it's basically Universal's Monsters versus a sorta League-of-Extraordinary-Gentlemen type of assemble. :shrug_oh_well:

Monster Fighter for sure. Hidden See has a technology dependency. Who knows if the AR stuff will still work in a few years?  I am looking at my LEGO Universe box...  :pir_laugh2:

21 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

DAMNIT! :wall:

Shoot, I've totally overlooked that theme, one that should've been included in the selection lineup for the 2000's action/adventure themes poll. :facepalm: Well, thank you for bring up that major oversight of mine, as it has now incorporated into its corresponding topic, being a theme introduced in 2009 and all:

Thank you.  Voted.

Pharaoh's Quest for sure, but with Monster Fighters & Atlantis close behind. I loved Pharaoh's Quest because it was basically a reboot of the original Adventurer's theme, and I think I own more sets from that theme than any of the other action/adventure themes that have come out since I got back into LEGO around 2010 (I have the Flying Mummy Attack, Cursed Cobra Statue, Guardians of the Golden Staff & like at least 3 of the Scarab Attack sets).  A close second is the Monster Fighters in terms of having stuff I liked, but I was unfortunately not able to get even half the sets I wanted from that theme due to being under rather severe financial constraints the year it came out (mostly due to making the biggest mistake of my life, i.e. getting married to She Who Must Not Be Named).  One of my biggest regrets since getting back into LEGO stuff is never getting the Ghost Train set....

Definitely Nexo Knights for me, I actually bought every set! I wish it hadn't fizzled out in the third year. I liked the characters (especially Aaron and Macy), the play features, the new elements, the game integration, and the overall idea, especially the first wave. I do think that it suffered from inconsistencies between the physical sets, the game, and the show (e.g. Some great monsters in the game that were absent from the sets and the show, some nexo powers that should have been available as pieces, some characters in the show that were never made into minifigs - and no stone scurriers?! -  also that newer sets weren't integrated into the game at all, and those that were did nothing particularly exciting.) 

Edited by Wolfy1981

4 hours ago, Wolfy1981 said:

Some great monsters in the game that were absent from the sets and the show, some nexo powers that should have been available as pieces, some characters in the show that were never made into minifigs - and no stone scurriers?! -  also that newer sets weren't integrated into the game at all, and those that were did nothing particularly exciting.

For me, I wish they'd made these Decopunk/Teslapunk monsters (image courtesy of @legozebra). I mean, look at those wings! :cry_sad:

xYCOHT0.jpg

Lots of great ones here. Monster Fighters, Pharaohs Quest, Nexo Knights are all stand outs. I went with Ninjago as I think that the theme was able to continue getting better every single year for so long, though sort of unfair as its the only theme that was allowed to do so. Anyway it has provided us with some great sets. Too bad the sets have been lackluster sense the movie came out (I do not count TLNM sets as Ninjago sets but as there own thing). Looking at this list it really shows how much Lego has grown in just the last 10 years. The 2000's list was easy to pick, this was much harder. I can only imagine the quality of the 2020's themes. Very exited for the future.

On 3/12/2019 at 10:55 PM, Khscarymovie4 said:

I can only imagine the quality of the 2020's themes. Very exited for the future.

Well then, I'll be seeing y'all around 2029/2030 for a Favorite 2020's Action/Adventure Themes poll! :grin:

Here's to hoping there'll be many surprises and exciting in-house playthemes in the next ten years ahead of us! :purrr:

9 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Well then, I'll be seeing y'all around 2029/2030 for a Favorite 2020's Action/Adventure Themes poll! :grin:

Here's to hoping there'll be many surprises and exciting in-house playthemes in the next ten years ahead of us! :purrr:

Considering how Ninjago and Elves were the only action adventure we had for the past few years, who knows... maybe it's going to be 100% licensed themes by 2030... This is what worries me the most... :cry_sad:

Edited by Lego David

6 hours ago, Lego David said:

Considering how Ninjago and Elves were the only action adventure we had for the past few years, who knows...

Don't forget Nexo Knights, and with Hidden Side arriving here soon... :shrug_oh_well:

6 hours ago, Lego David said:

maybe it's going to be 100% licensed themes by 2030... This is what worries me the most... :cry_sad:

Well, I'm pretty certain we'll still have City, Friends, Creator, Technic, and maybe Ninjago (depending) throughout the next ten years; but, as for further in-house Action/Adventure themes, I somewhat feel TLG will continue to primarily pursue the next "big-bang" when exploring future possibilities for such. :sceptic:

Monster Fighters, all the way. One of my favourite themes of the past few years, that theme still has some of my favourite mini figures and sets of the past decade, especially the Castle.