Good People of Eurobricks,

let me present you my latest build that goes by the fancy name of "The devil in sheep's clothing". Giving this name appeared to be a good idea at 4 am when I've finished editing the video, so now I stuck with it.:sweet:

It's been built in a 10 day window around christmas time undisturbed. Beside the fact that few of us have the rare opportunity to dedicate as much time to this hobby, it is indeed a honest mirror on my social life too. So be careful, what you wish for. :laugh:

So to the subject. It is a non motorised (pushy-pushy) supercar (ish) build with the rough scale of 1:8. And now I let the video do the fair bit of my task:

So if you still here, let's talk about the details:

Involves a very reliable gemstone gearbox from the hands of our beloved @Didumos69.  This is the 4 speed 4wd sequential  from the Rugged supercar

I've made a few modifications on it. Replaced the rubber rings to shock absorbers on the gearstick-centering mechanism, but I'm not brave enough to call this an improvement.:look: Geometric barriers made me do that. 

The rest of the drivetrain  comes with 4 wheel drive and a V10 engine as follows:

800x450.jpg800x450.jpg

I kept it simple, one might say it's a waste of space, it could be fitted with an 8 speed gerbox easily. Or 16. But no. Old school. :wink:

And ther is the steering too. Same stuff I've used in the 8880 evo.

Suspension:

800x450.jpg

Somewhere along the way it became  a pushrod suspension, but it wasn't always that. 

The former setup (pic below) wasn't cooping very well with the weight of the car. Had similar symptoms like the chiron so I've started over and got to this pushrod setup above. Has a lot of advantages strong, highly adjustable by changing geometry, but has a downside. The lower pushrods -made out of connectors and 5.5L axles- are relatively easy to pull apart. Not by it's own weight, but - let say- when wheels are changed, got to be careful while puting them on.

800x450.jpg

Next bit is the roll cage, but it is pretty self explanatory. I figured I need some scaffolding anyway, the connector body demands it in this size, so I went a step further and gave it a proper sceleton.

800x450.jpg800x450.jpg

One more about the roll cage. The rear wing, or spoiler. As it shows above it has a dead simple spring loaded mechanism that provides two positions to adjust. Namely: up and down.

Also comes with interior. Made out of connectors of course. Don't know if it's comfy or not. :laugh:

800x450.jpg800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg800x450.jpg

One of my favorite details (one of the dumbest as well) is the armrest bit on the door. It follows up nicely to the dashbord. Gives the illusion of completeness. Also just realised that I made about 58 million pictures and non of them is catching this feature at all. Good on me.

The body:

800x450.jpg800x450.jpg800x450.jpg800x450.jpg

It's a hell of a lot of connectors and axles. Apart from the side bits and doors it's a single layer  on the whole car, yet holds itself together surprisingly well. Allthough if you choose to give it to a 4 year old to play with it, he can dissmantle it in 58 second. 

Hope you enjoyed, any question, don't hesitate, hit me. There wil be instructions. Data shows, it takes an avarage two and a half years for me to make them so you may expect it under the christmas tree in 2022. 

Edited by Attika
Baaad grammar

You did a really good job keeping it loose. I always struggle with that, and I always want to "cover everything up" with panels. I also like how you used the Porsche wheels - they look very fitting for a Lambo-style supercar.

The only thing I would have done differently is use part 2741 instead of a 36-tooth gear for the steering wheel. It's sorta a "must-have" for any supercar MOC at this scale in my opinion. But again, that's just personal taste.

I also happen to be building a supercar right now, and some of the techniques you used here are just genius. I especially like the suspension setup as well as the fake engine using part 18654 as the "pistons".

Anyways, great job on this MOC! I love it.

Edited by JLiu15

8 minutes ago, JLiu15 said:

The only thing I would have done differently is use part 2741 instead of a 36-tooth gear for the steering wheel. It's sorta a "must-have" for any supercar MOC at this scale in my opinion. But again, that's just personal taste.

Thank you, I suppose I could use that steering wheel, but just now as you pointed out I've realised I didn't use it for a long time now. There is a humiliatingly nerd reason behind it. This bevel system, I'm using in the steering is gearing it down to achieve some life-like ratios between the wheels and the steering wheel. So it makes fun using the steering wheel instead of the HOG. The limited access makes me use only one finger and the 36T gear offers more grip then the genuine steering wheel. :blush: And by the time my brain accepted it as a steering wheel. *huh*

So speaking outside of my brain, you made a fair point. :wink:

I've never think that red and white looks so good together .. a different spin on your mini engine .. great job!! 

This is awesome!!! :thumbup: one of the coolest creative builds I've seen in a while. I like how you've gone full connector body, different but very well executed!! 

Supper cool reminds me of a 8448  2019 style. You know what the say sometimes the simplests answers are normally  the best!

Already seen it on youtube! Brilliant car build from a branch of connectors :classic:
It would be highly appreciated if you complete instructions earlier than 2022 :sweet:

Edited by Aleh

Brilliant build, really like it! The only detail what I don't get, is:
product-image-214565888_1024x1024.jpg?v=

:tongue:

Edited by agrof

Imo, this resembles everything Technic supercar-engineering is about. Very original and advanced front and rear axles. A tough chassis/roll cage and a very original well executed 'open' skin, which gives it your well-known signature. And the gearbox is finger-licking good too of course :grin:.

This is one of the coolest supercars I’ve ever seen. I’ve always liked the open style. I will definitely build this one, finally a use for all those red #3s I hoarded :grin: 

Those pics without the bodywork look awesome. Proper hard. Leave the bodywork off! 

Also really nice to see decent suspension, most supercar mocs on here have very basic suspension, like its an after-thought.. wishbones, push rod, kingpin inclination - awesome job. Beats 99% of all other cars on that feature alone!

(Very very few mocs put effort in here... where are all the anti-roll bars and heave springs?! i include the Bugatti and Porsche in that list too)

I don't usually get excited by supercars, but this is a fantastic job!  It looks very solid and well designed, and the styling with the connectors is amazing.  It also reminds me of 8448, but taken to a whole different level...

Technic supercars are evolving.  I have built @Didumos69's hammerhead supercar, and this reminds me of that build.  Honestly, I don't think I would ever go back to the run-of-the mill paneled cars.  I love this looks much more, and the engineering is so much more accurate/interesting.  Love the take on the engine. 

1 hour ago, nerdsforprez said:

Technic supercars are evolving.  I have built @Didumos69's hammerhead supercar, and this reminds me of that build.  Honestly, I don't think I would ever go back to the run-of-the mill paneled cars.  I love this looks much more, and the engineering is so much more accurate/interesting.  Love the take on the engine. 

You formulated this very well, it is like going from mass production cars to race engineering.

I really like it.  The chassis looks great and the bodywork is really interesting.  Great model

45 minutes ago, Lipko said:

Sometimes I'm shocked how fast some people can build awesome models...

Me too, awesome bodywork I like much more than all full whatever cover cars.

So, about 956 2L red axles, is it? :laugh: Jokes aside...fantastic design. I really like your style! And 10 days in total seem out of this world *huh* Cool renders too - at first I thought those are photos with replaced background by your green "blue screen" :-)

Edited by MajklSpajkl

I'm back from work, kept reading the emails about your posts, cheered me up for sure, thank you.

16 hours ago, sirslayer said:

I've never think that red and white looks so good together .. a different spin on your mini engine .. great job!! 

Thanks, not that mini anymore, but still more compact than it would be with the tradicional parts. And more customisable.

14 hours ago, letsbuild said:

I love this. I would honestly build it without a body, as I love the look of it without it.

Then you gonna save a fortune on the connectors. :sweet: 

13 hours ago, DugaldIC said:

This is awesome!!! :thumbup: one of the coolest creative builds I've seen in a while. I like how you've gone full connector body, different but very well executed!! 

Cheers. To highlight one of the many advantages of this connector body here is a picture:

800x450.jpg

That was the original body idea. Scaling it up from 1/10 to 1/8 was about 10 minutes. I imagine it would take much longer if it was panel built. I don't know, as I lack the ability to build with them. :cry_sad:

10 hours ago, dougstar said:

Supper cool reminds me of a 8448  2019 style. You know what the say sometimes the simplests answers are normally  the best!

Thanks. As I'm surrounded with similar builds of mine for years, it is pretty much the "normal" for me, but now that you've said... I will post another video here about it's ancestor. She was the original "devil" but didn't make it to a dedicated presentation. And stood much closer to that 8448 feeling. I will at you when it comes to it.

10 hours ago, Aleh said:

Already seen it on youtube! Brilliant car build from a branch of connectors :classic:
It would be highly appreciated if you complete instructions earlier than 2022 :sweet:

Thanks, I'll do my best. I thought I should post an amendment that says: Any attempt from a third party to urge the process will postpone the release date by one calendar month:grin:

10 hours ago, agrof said:

Brilliant build, really like it! The only detail what I don't get, is:

Where did you get that picture of my car? :laugh:  I've already confessed that in the first reply. That is my personal steering wheel. (based on physics) :sweet:  I'm just that much of a nerd.

10 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

Imo, this resembles everything Technic supercar-engineering is about. Very original and advanced front and rear axles. A tough chassis/roll cage and a very original well executed 'open' skin, which gives it your well-known signature. And the gearbox is finger-licking good too of course :grin:.

Thanks. Knowing that you are perfectionist, I hope you never get to build it. I don't want you to ruin your expectations. :grin:

9 hours ago, LvdH said:

This is one of the coolest supercars I’ve ever seen. I’ve always liked the open style. I will definitely build this one, finally a use for all those red #3s I hoarded :grin: 

:sweet: Thank you. I'm tellin' ya, you can't have enough of them. Most of my red connector stock is involved in another 1/8 project what is well overdue, that's why it came to be white and black. But red definitely would look great.

7 hours ago, TeamThrifty said:

Those pics without the bodywork look awesome. Proper hard. Leave the bodywork off! 

Also really nice to see decent suspension, most supercar mocs on here have very basic suspension, like its an after-thought.. wishbones, push rod, kingpin inclination - awesome job. Beats 99% of all other cars on that feature alone!

(Very very few mocs put effort in here... where are all the anti-roll bars and heave springs?! i include the Bugatti and Porsche in that list too)

Cheers. Usually I'm more keen on "what's under the bonnet" than if there is a bonnet at all. It's a slippery slope though, steers me towards illegality while chasing realistic solutions. :devil_laugh:

6 hours ago, aeh5040 said:

I don't usually get excited by supercars, but this is a fantastic job!  It looks very solid and well designed, and the styling with the connectors is amazing.  It also reminds me of 8448, but taken to a whole different level...

I'm glad I've broke that barrier. Thank you. :sweet:

4 hours ago, pagicence said:

It's not just you. Without the body it really does look like something for the track.

Huh, that's a relief. I won't be alone in straight jacket. :laugh:

4 hours ago, agrof said:

You formulated this very well, it is like going from mass production cars to race engineering.

Now I print this, frame it and put it on my wall. :cry_happy:

3 hours ago, Pvdb said:

I really like it.  The chassis looks great and the bodywork is really interesting.  Great model

Cheers m8, hope you noticed, that controversial steering wheel is at least on the right side. My way of assimilation. :grin:

3 hours ago, Lipko said:

Sometimes I'm shocked how fast some people can build awesome models...

It's the first time someone calls me "people" since my spaceship crashlanded. :wink: Please try to imagine ten days alone without any limiting factor. For once, I didn't leave the house for 7 days (then I ran out of food). Then there was a night when I simply skipped sleeping. Not intentionally, only realised it is late when the sun came up. And the other nights were short too. such as from 4am to 10 am. It was a real flow. Loved it.

2 hours ago, jorgeopesi said:

Me too, awesome bodywork I like much more than all full whatever cover cars.

Thank you. You can count on me then. :wink:

1 hour ago, MajklSpajkl said:

So, about 956 2L red axles, is it? :laugh: Jokes aside...fantastic design. I really like your style! And 10 days in total seem out of this world *huh* Cool renders too - at first I thought those are photos with replaced background by your green "blue screen" :-)

I've checked it for you, 164 in the chassis alone. Yet to build the body in studio, but it won't get more the 4-500 in the whole model. :grin: Thanks for the kind words. Btw I've decided to motorise the black specimen later, so we'll get more of it.

6 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

I knew I'm going to miss to reply one. :blush:

Technically speaking the idea of this concept has been laid down exactly in that time period when the hammerhead was on the way. As I've mentioned above, I'll make a short video of what she was looking like. Thanks for the praise. :classic:

Amazing. I love this kind of 'pure' technic build. With all the guts on display. The bodywork is seemingly simple yet very effective. And the inside works a charm. Thank you for showing us this beauty. 

Let's hope you set a trend for panel free models! 

46 minutes ago, Aleh said:

I like your sence of humour :thumbup:

Some say it is too sarcastic. Yet it is my best asset to gain ten days alone at christmas. :grin: (sorry, couldn't resist)

30 minutes ago, Oliver 79 said:

Amazing. I love this kind of 'pure' technic build. With all the guts on display. The bodywork is seemingly simple yet very effective. And the inside works a charm. Thank you for showing us this beauty. 

Let's hope you set a trend for panel free models! 

Thank you, let's make a movement against panels! A ceremony should be held every saturday, where the new members throw their panel on the campfire while we singing about beams and soft axles. :laugh_hard: 

Or hold a referendum on it. That will break lego sociaty in half for sure:look:

Edited by Attika

6 hours ago, agrof said:

Thank you and let me elaborate.  These are just my opinions and others feel free to jump in.  But when I say "evolving" some of the changes I am seeing for the better are:

- Obviously the axles.  More detailed, accurate, and sophisticated. 

- Modular.  An important one in my book. 

- Other than 90 degree angles in the chassis.  Another important one IMO.  What I mean by this is historically we have seen many supercars with varying levels but mostly delineated by 90 degree angles.  Builds such as this used triangled angles more often, and take advantage of the strength therein. 

- Bodywork as more of a shell if you will than just a covering.  IMO that was the defining feature of @Didumos69's hammerhead car and one of the defining features (again, IMHO) of this car.  I see this more and more in real life in hypercars. Cars such as this really seem to apply the idea of a monocoque- an idea use frequently in today's hypercars.  

- This car uses a bold new engine idea.  I for one really like it.  I really am getting tired of the bulky engine block parts from TLG.  The same elements that have been in use for over twenty years.  TLG has upgraded a lot of elements for 42056 and 42083, next on the horizon I would hope would be new engine elements.