Kommander

UCS Mon Calamari Star Cruiser "CONFIDENCE" (MOC)

Hey,

sorry for the long time with no update.

This time I tackled the interior for the first time. In a nutshell enough space is rare in this ships size. The komplex shape and the nessesary sub structure are restricting space to work with. Fortuneatly the ships supporting structure in the middle is quite small. With nothing to carry except the armorbelt. So I decided to go for this area with one scene on each side.

In order to make the space less confined it is possible to extend one side of the ship. This side is the command area, featuring a movable chair and a nice view on Scarif with a window on the floor. The other side represent a maintenance pit.

The upper level on each side will be fitted with consoles as well. Which are concerning me, since I cannot place Minifigures with the belt on top.

49520152931_2bbb14cb22_b.jpg

UCS MC75 034 by Kommander, auf Flickr

49520152711_cd8531abf5_b.jpg

UCS MC75 035 by Kommander, auf Flickr

That´s again all for today.

Kind regards,

Kommander

Hello!

It is still a long way for me to finish the ship due to lack of time but here are some new pictures of the ship.

I placed more details on nose and armorbelt. Also, tried to coloring the surface properly - it was a lot of fun! :) 

In comparison to the ships overall studless shape the nose fit in quite nicely as well. 
And the bottomside fin with the commandbridge has been improved with some very smooth shaping. Slowly things coming together.

49971300807_1a8a8280d5_c.jpg

UCS MC75 042 by Kommander, auf Flickr

49971032266_6ea9b45d96_c.jpg

UCS MC75 043 by Kommander, auf Flickr

49971032456_fb77a2c201_c.jpg

UCS MC75 039 by Kommander, auf Flickr

Kind regards,

Kommander

Edited by Kommander

Wow, been following this, and went back through your previous pics. Your improvements are very noticable and amazing! I couldn't imagine trying to tackle all those shapes myself, I need to live through the community!

Would love to add a Mon Cal ship to my collection someday, and this may be it!

Amazing work again, looking forward to the finished product!

This is already one of the best capital ship MOCs I've ever seen, and you're saying you've still got a long way to finish it? 

Amazing shaping, I like the use of the old dark gray against the dark bluish grey.

On 6/4/2020 at 9:02 PM, Frizzlefry25 said:

Wow, been following this, and went back through your previous pics. Your improvements are very noticable and amazing! I couldn't imagine trying to tackle all those shapes myself, I need to live through the community!

Would love to add a Mon Cal ship to my collection someday, and this may be it!

Amazing work again, looking forward to the finished product!

On 6/9/2020 at 7:52 PM, sovietxrobot said:

this might be my favorite MOC. I love the shaping and detailing.

Thank you both for the kind words! 

@Frizzlefry25 I appreciate your interest, but you better look out for @Raskolnikov "Home One" first. Expecting this MOC being way more forward into publishing compared to mine  :laugh: 

On 6/9/2020 at 9:21 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

This is already one of the best capital ship MOCs I've ever seen, and you're saying you've still got a long way to finish it? 

Amazing shaping, I like the use of the old dark gray against the dark bluish grey.

As well, thank you for the response!

Yes, unfortuneatly my whole collection/storage is in another town - I can only visit occasionally. Whenever I spend some buildingtime it is quite short... But I am confident next month (during vacation) I can make more big steps forward.

Greetings,

Komander

Hello

@Krisproductions, yeah the scale is just right fitting between UCS and Playable Set! Perfect for the shelf - except its height :D

@Lego Spotlight,

last week I tackled the front hangar bay as well adding some more details at the rear. Unfortuneatly it´s sleekness has been reduced a bit - but for a nice trade :)

I can´t promise...but I want to complete it this summer. Next update will be soon. So keep patience!

Kind regards,

Kommander

Hello folks,

Rogue One, a absolute stunning movie (in my opinion), gave us this great designed, whale-shaped Flagship. It is like a combination between classic McQuarrie concepts as well as modern military submarines.

The instructions are now avaiable at Brickvault:  https://www.brickvault.toys/products/mc-75-star-cruiser-confidence

About this MOC:

• Dimensions - 89 cm x 20 cm x 46 cm
  • The model contains 5728 pieces
  • 700-pages Instructions  
  • The ship features a compact, but playable interior including maintenance hangar, command areas and detachable quarters
  • A Nanoscale Tantive IV can also be fitted right into the hangar bay in front of the ship

51676882310_f9afca36cb_b.jpg

LEGO UCS MC75 Star Cruiser CONFIDENCE by Kommandant Keller, auf Flickr

51676678774_ae0cf7eee2_b.jpg

UCS MC75 Star Cruiser CONFIDENCE by Kommandant Keller, auf Flickr

Shame on me I didn´t post an update earlier but some other priorities kept occupied me the last months on further progress.

Not to mentioned I took quite long to finish the model digitally. I went through different versions, each iteration with better techniques and quite better shaping... it was always some kind of finding the right balance considering techniques and esthetics.

Like for the digital model and instructions: The rear-shape changed another time because the used building methods just were to challenging for implementation. But irl quite easy to archive.

51676064601_4be401c9d6_b.jpg

LEGO UCS MC75 Star Cruiser CONFIDENCE by Kommandant Keller, auf Flickr

In Lego-Universe it always felt like something is missing for the Rebel Alliance Fleets out there. Dozen of ISD, various shapes, types and sizes – but less big Rebel ships.

I am very proud of the outcome, especially since there are not many UCS-like Mon Calamari ships out there.

And let´s be honest - the color scheme was the most fun part of designing. Doing some happy little drops here, markings there. The ship differs to the well-known PROFUNDITY Star Cruiser but I couldn´t resist to paint it acccording to my wishes and put a name on it. CONFIDENCE!

51676882945_4a4ea5d316_b.jpg

UCS MC75 Star Cruiser CONFIDENCE by Kommandant Keller, auf Flickr

Maybe this model can inspire some of you for Mon Calamari Star Cruisers :laugh:

Kind regards

Kommander/Keller

Edited by Kommander

Awesome work! :wub: 

Those rounded shapes are so difficult to sculpt in Lego... I like a lot the effort made in the interior as well. And yes, Rogue One is also a great SW movie for me, with some excellent designs.

On 11/14/2021 at 6:12 PM, karmajay said:

Great job I def have added it to my (long) build list!

Thank you Sir. Feel free to share some footage here :sweet:

On 11/16/2021 at 12:22 AM, dvogon said:

Awesome work! :wub: 

Those rounded shapes are so difficult to sculpt in Lego... I like a lot the effort made in the interior as well. And yes, Rogue One is also a great SW movie for me, with some excellent designs.

Thank you very much! Particulary with UCS models of this size it is a nice addition ( and quite a challenge to go for the interior, as well as how to include it suitable - even if ideas have been there since the start of this built...).

Kind regards

Kommander

@Kommander - I've always been a fan of Mon Cal Cruisers - and their tech.

Star Destroyers may get my blood pumping when it comes to sheer size and intimidation - but Mon Cal Cruisers get the points for elegance and ingenuity.

Like the fact that when they build them - no two are ever alike - unique like a fingerprint.

I also chuckled when I read that they where actually intended as luxury liners/transports.
I Was wondering If I could pick your brains and get some pointers - I'm working on a project that may need some clever techniques for curved/sloped hull plating for my project. - May I PM you?

Not gone public with my MOC yet - you may have glanced at my YT Corellian Transport thread - to give a clue as to what I'm up too.
Why reinvent the wheel when you can ask other experts how they did their tricky angels - and Mon Cal cruisers are infamous for this design. :)

Edited by Kage Goomba

22 hours ago, sandtrooper said:

Bought the instructions last week! This will be a project for next year.

Great to hear! 

22 hours ago, Kage Goomba said:

@Kommander - I've always been a fan of Mon Cal Cruisers - and their tech.

Star Destroyers may get my blood pumping when it comes to sheer size and intimidation - but Mon Cal Cruisers get the points for elegance and ingenuity.

Like the fact that when they build them - no two are ever alike - unique like a fingerprint.

I also chuckled when I read that they where actually intended as luxury liners/transports.
I Was wondering If I could pick your brains and get some pointers - I'm working on a project that may need some clever techniques for curved/sloped hull plating for my project. - May I PM you?

Not gone public with my MOC yet - you may have glanced at my YT Corellian Transport thread - to give a clue as to what I'm up too.
Why reinvent the wheel when you can ask other experts how they did their tricky angels - and Mon Cal cruisers are infamous for this design. :)

Sure. Feel free to send me a private message about your project. I will have a look and then try to provide some additional support :)

Kind regards

Kommander