Dragunov2

10265 - Ford Mustang Creator Expert: MODS

I want to place the taillights as the sloped pieces, but I don't think u can place a brick on a 45 degrees angle in stud.io or LDD?

Also received my black rubber belts, so I can replace the white one with a black one

Edited by Dragunov2

I want to add my previous build, pic above or previous page with those taillights in the correct way to the car, somebody able to do this?

A very small mod, but in my eyes an important one...

Rubber bands (black instead of white):

2hgy5pd.jpg

Placed on the pulleys:

25s4c50.jpg

Front back in place:

jg5gty.jpg

x29uh2.jpg

On 3/11/2019 at 8:36 PM, BrickMonkeyMOCs said:

I've ended up making some substantial modifications to the add-on components, mainly to dial back the appearance and make the suped-up version look a little less bonkers. I've made the spoiler two studs in depth rather than three, and changed the attachment so it closes fully with the spoiler attached. I've taken a plate of height out of the front splitter so it doesn't sit quite as low. And I've taken a plate of height out of the supercharger blower as well. I'll add some pics when I can, but the effect is subtle and helps to make the add-ons look better integrated to the car. It also looks a lot better this way if you're just adding the splitter and spoiler without also adding the supercharger and side exhausts.

Here are some pictures. I've made the rear wing two studs wider as well as a stud less deep, and I've also redesigned the supercharger's appearance. The reduced height of the front splitter means you can add this without the side pipes and it will still look good. Pictured are the base model with only aero mods, i.e. modified front splitter and rear spoiler; and then with all modified mods attached, including lowered and redesigned supercharger.

TTXJqBa.jpg

vqyQfwU.jpg

01gGm4m.jpg

wxR3wdw.jpg

Edited by BrickMonkeyMOCs

11 hours ago, Dragunov2 said:

For the supercharger, did u need additional parts? 

Cause it looks much better... 

Thanks, and yes, I used additional parts after removing the arch piece (47755) in the original and lowering the height. The needed parts should mostly be visible from the pictures. Parts not so obvious are perhaps the modified 1x1 plates (4081b) and DBG quarter-round tiles (25269) to which the LBG taps are attached. At the back are two 26601 modified 2x2 plates and a 51739 wing plate in DBG.

I wonder if u made a lxf file of it? 

Cause the supercharger is top and I think to make this one aswell, but place it next to the other supercharger, so a complete new one

23 hours ago, Dragunov2 said:

I wonder if u made a lxf file of it? 

Cause the supercharger is top and I think to make this one aswell, but place it next to the other supercharger, so a complete new one

I could make you an .ldr version that you could then import to LDD. But I won't be able to get to it until the weekend.

On 3/26/2019 at 2:24 AM, Dragunov2 said:

Thanks!

No haste, busy with Lego Creator Vestas ;)

Here you go. The file includes each modified add-on as a sub-model - front splitter, supercharger, side exhausts, NOS tank, and rear spoiler.

LDRAW FILE:  Free Download

Thanks alot!!!!

With what program did u make the model?

I can load it into stud.io, but the piece, also used for the rear lights and the shifter (bracket) are not recognized in the program and I converted it to ldraw, then imported it in LDD, there the structure and such are not saved during conversion

Edited by Dragunov2

Took some time, but finally changed the rear of the car, maybe I consider to change the lights aswell, but didn't decide this just yet...

I also changed most of the light bluish grey bits to black or to the corresponding color they actually needed

20190330-190423.jpg

20190330-190449.jpg

20190330-190557.jpg

20190330-190503.jpg

On 3/23/2019 at 11:49 PM, BrickMonkeyMOCs said:

Thanks, and yes, I used additional parts after removing the arch piece (47755) in the original and lowering the height. The needed parts should mostly be visible from the pictures. Parts not so obvious are perhaps the modified 1x1 plates (4081b) and DBG quarter-round tiles (25269) to which the LBG taps are attached. At the back are two 26601 modified 2x2 plates and a 51739 wing plate in DBG.

I received the bricks today and this evening I made the supercharger according to your file..., only stud.io didn't add the DBG quarter-round tiles (25269) to the wanted file, so I ordered them this evening aswell on Bricklink together with some other tiles to finish a part of my sidewalk

Some pics:

10wtzdd.jpg
9hji1y.jpg

So thanks for your file!!!! @BrickMonkeyMOCs

Edited by Dragunov2

Love this model!  I've tried adding HOG steering, but stuck in a few places.  My concept was to mirror the drivers side steering axle on the passenger side with same gear and long straight axle axle to the front passenger side floor.  Then add 90 degree gears to continue out the roof, or continue back under the passenger seat to the trunk and out the back, preferably into the piece with the GT sticker.  Stuck so far right near the beginning, turns out the passenger door hinge interferes with this axle. Likely will have to tear down one of the rear seats to continue the axle path to the trunk, haven't even tried how to get to the round GT piece yet.  Instead of out the back, going to the roof will likely interfere with removable roof panel.  

These are just some ideas to get this feature started, anyone tried to add HOG steering?

Not at all. Sorry!

I just need to add brake and gas pedal and have still some other things to do on this model...

Did another mod to my Mustang, then normally I gonna mod the inside of the trunk

Replaced the red stud in the door (strike) in a chrome stud

2q8vqqp.jpg
2yyp9a9.jpg

On the front of the car, on the corners, I placed a tile in Dark Blue

1058bpv.jpg

So I enjoyed building this kit, but I wanted to do something different....Here is my initial take on a Shelby GT500.  Hope you all like it.  I made a ton of mods to color match the car too.

46820239435_55f3fd8a65_n.jpgFront LEGO Shelby GT500 by ptjoe2, on Flickr

47736893881_f252094774_n.jpgLego Shelby GT500 by ptjoe2, on Flickr

47736893851_ee25ed5f38_n.jpgLego Shelby GT500 by ptjoe2, on Flickr

47736893711_a802c595af_n.jpgLego Shelby GT500 by ptjoe2, on Flickr

47736893701_e9dcb10f85_n.jpgLego Shelby GT500 by ptjoe2, on Flickr

46820225645_ca58039a4a_n.jpgLego Shelby GT500 by ptjoe2, on Flickr

Edited by espressojoe