Dragunov2

10265 - Ford Mustang Creator Expert: MODS

@Dragunov2 I’d be interested to hear what parts are needed to solve this, because I won’t be getting the set until May but thought it looked simple, but obviously you have the set and it sounds like it isn’t as simple to solve as I thought. Not sure I understand what yo7 mean by brackets?

Ah ok I think I get it. I find it hard to visualise without having the set.  I’ll order the extra blue and white parts and by the time I get the set hopefully someone will figure out how to do it :)

I guess it's not that difficult, u just need to find the right parts in the right color at the right price  on the right place ;)

23 hours ago, Dragunov2 said:

First modification arrived today, package ordered on Bricklink on a Canadian Store, which had 12 brake discs (LEGO Ideas Caterham Seven 620R (21307)), bought them all, so I still have brake discs for two cars, u never know for the future....

For such a high performance car as the Mustang, AND with the supercharger installed, the car begs to receive brake discs instead of drums. I made some pics of it...

The old drums
28vvn2c.jpg

Brake discs (12 pieces, so three cars)
2irmamg.jpg

After conversion
33m91q8.jpg
iven34.jpg
34sl0sl.jpg

But one other question, how did the guy solve this (in red circle)?

2a5yjhv.jpg

I guess he replaced the 4 grey 1x2 brackets with 3 1x2 white brackets, but then u still have 1x1 brackets, which don't exist in Dark Blue.

Somebody a solution?

I already made this with the help of @BrickWild (he made the car and I ONLY altered the back), but I changed the color to Dark Blue of the 1x1 brackets

ra0ps2.jpg

So you’re that guy who bought them all.

14 hours ago, BrickWild said:

Another downside: there's no gas/brake pedals!

So I'm adding them to mine!

The way they did it in the Caterham? 

I once did this mod in the VW Beetle

Not bad at all.

But the only thing I gonna install is the supercharger, so not the sidepipes, the spoiler and the wing

Hey all!

I'm new to this forum and thought i'd post some of my tiny little Mods to this beauty.

I added some tire decals, cut the axles and put some matching metallic caps in place with mounting putty. Added a blower belt from thin rubber, which is not actually attached to the engine itself, but you don't see that when the hood is closed. Blackened the booth with some spare parts i had laying around. And made some small changes to the Hood, so it forms a better gap in my opinion (also makes it close all the way).

1zfinfk.jpg2mpkewg.jpg33xk7kw.jpg2arnec.jpg

Edited by TheDeeGee

1 hour ago, Dragunov2 said:

Very sweet!

The belt is a must-have, what's the size of those one u used?

It was actually a flat piece of 1 MM thick rubber that i cut to size and length, and then glued together at the ends.

I had contact with him about this mod, he gave me some pics yesterday and I already made a io file of it

767353599_newtaillights.thumb.jpg.3e9e17bc16d4470e10dfbc4efc4fee0f.jpg

The other part he did was making a gastube in the trunk

Edited by Dragunov2

10 hours ago, Paknaloid said:

@TheDeeGee love the decals on the wheels - did you make them yourself?

Also - @Dragunov2 - Bruce Lowell has modded the rear further. I’d love to know how the lights are done so I can order the right parts.  In fact I’d love to know what he did to mod the whole rear end...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvHkzIinhbH/

Yep, a bit of photoshopping, paper and some scotch did the trick.

I done something similar years ago for the Caterham, gave it Hankook decals.

@Dragunov2 on your render, what are these black bits on the end of the antenna pieces?

image.png.93085dc706d7dccd6e03a44d85f18760.png

And, did Bruce Lowell share what he did re: the LBG strips above and below the rear panel?

Like @keymaker, I really would like to know which parts are required (I'm sure as long as I order the right parts I'll be able to figure it out without instructions).  My background is Technic so I have virtually no spare creator parts, so want to get the order right!!

Thank you

@Dragunov2 Actually, there are two things of which I'm not certain how they work on your render - 1) the aforementioned black clips at the end of the antenna pieces, and 2) how they are attached to the side of the car:

image.png.36ed8f150a94830fa3c1b6cdae026de6.png