TinCan

[MOD] Emmet's Dream House/Rescue Rocket

Hello, here is a modular moc of Emmet's dream house/rescue rocket (70831). I used three of set 70831 to complete both the dream house, and the rescue rocket. I'm about 98% done with this MOC, I'm waiting on a order to tile the floors and add a few little knick knacks. 

Emmit's dream house/rescue rocket 70831 MOC

First, the rescue rocket is almost 100% stock; less the roof line detailing, rear fin, a couple of 1x1 rounds on the thrusters ,and brake lights (Safety first).

Small extra details

Brake lights and roof

Second, the dream house, the house shares almost all the same lines as the OEM house. The roof became taller and removable, to support uni-kitty's loft/attic area. Here are a few pictures of the dream house exterior. Note the Lego box in the background for size and shape variants. 

46468319274_cd1ab84cc0_b.jpg

The standard modular pin layout is part of the fence and sandy yard, I just layered and made sand dunes to cover the 1x2 brick.

47191947081_32e6de954a_b.jpg

Rear of the dream house. The bay windows have a yellow pinstripe, the attic window molding was raised with a yellow 1x2 brick with axle hole.

46468616354_56fdb7bb4f_b.jpg

Here is a picture with the roof removed, showing the attic area.

47191982381_e09076ec89_b.jpg

47140098422_5e0c9a0d15_b.jpg

Here is the removable attic/Uni-kitty area, just basic piping and boxes, Uni-kitty has a desk, lamp, flowering plant, "weapons" holder, bed, and a letter from Stark Industries!?

46277700185_b4568c7282_b.jpg

This is a picture of the first floor of the dream house. Typical Emmet basic layout, and NO I didn't do a double decker couch.

Everything is awesome record, Emmet's dead plant with correct leaves.... 

40227203313_ba48ae8c30_b.jpg

Bird's eye: 

33316597338_66155dbf87_b.jpg32250088217_9f20b291e8_b.jpg32250090057_167f42e310_b.jpg

Pictures of the whole thing in cross section....

46468367354_031724de03_b.jpg

So Modular? Of course.... Here is Emmet's Dream House! Right smack in the middle of Pepe's Pizza, and Dr Strange's pad. 

32250152357_a1c2c43dd3_b.jpg46277789435_708fa7a16e_b.jpg

I hope you had fun, I'll do a MOC run through on the other two building later. Please comment... love it, hate it? I'm here to learn and get better at this silly stuff!! Thanks 

25 minutes ago, gotoAndLego said:

You know, if you surrounded E’s H with more tall buildings it would be a funny little Nail House.

Totally was going for that look. 

Best I could throw together on short notice...

"UP"

"Up"

Probably using the OEM Lego dream house would put on a better show.

It looks great!

I haven't seen Lego Movie 2 yet (it hasn't been released in my country), but is the "Modularised" design based on how the house actually appears in the movie? Or just an expansion of the design in the set?

The movie doesn't really show case Emmet's Dream house that much. So this is just an expansion of the Lego set. Both the Emmet's Dream House, and the Rescue Rocket have little screen time. I built both the Rescue Rocket, and Sweet Mayhem's Starship, so that I can suspend them from the ceiling. I really enjoyed building Sweet Mayhem's systar starship. In some odd way Sweet Mayhem has this old school Metroid look to them.    

13 hours ago, TinCan said:

Best I could throw together on short notice...

Nice MOD! :thumbup: :classic:

Seeing it sandwiched between those two high-rises (love that Earth Blue WIP on the right BTW) reminds me of the Little's House from Stuart Little:blush:

"Stuart Little" movie house set design | hookedonhouses.net

Yeah the blue building is a MOC the whole thing is tiled...yikes. I need help with that building at so point, i can't figure out how I want to layout the back area of the building.