somelegothings_

[MOC] Harry Potter 4702 Remake

47180123411_bbd2666560_c.jpg

I started this at about 9AM and it's finished around 2PM. That's kinda nice, huh?

46266021685_fc5ab82bbd_z.jpg

The original set doesn't have too much to it, started off as an idea to split the 8x8 into three sections ala 2 2x8's on hinges with a 4x8 in the middle but that was idiotic and I immediately ditched the idea.

46266020695_9c95e814db_z.jpg

The mirror does turn to reveal the stone, an inaccuracy to the film but a fun feature I decided to keep regardless.

46266020605_b5a68d22e8_z.jpg

And of course, the figures.

Wow these keep getting better and better. Back in the day it was such a pain for me to get my hands on this set, it's really nostalgic to me. I love that you kept the rotating function, the burning steps are my favourite part. It keeps blowing my mind how the old torsos still hold up until this day, really like what you've done.

Just now, Huigberts Builds said:

Wow these keep getting better and better. Back in the day it was such a pain for me to get my hands on this set, it's really nostalgic to me. I love that you kept the rotating function, the burning steps are my favourite part. It keeps blowing my mind how the old torsos still hold up until this day, really like what you've done.

Thank you so much! I thought transitioning old and new would be a bit troublesome but it’s proving itself worthwhile!

Really good work :thumbup: I like how you've made the set more open. I'm also liking the various architecture on the top of the wall. Good use of the 1x1 circular tile pieces too!

14 hours ago, IzzyLEGOFreak said:

Holy wow, that is amazing! So many people on this site are so talented, I don't have the patience to make MOCs

Thank you! And trust me, once you’re ready to make some MOCs, I know they’re gonna be good!

10 hours ago, Tariq j said:

Really good work :thumbup: I like how you've made the set more open. I'm also liking the various architecture on the top of the wall. Good use of the 1x1 circular tile pieces too!

Thank you! Maintaining it and having it feel like a dungeon was pretty hard but apparently it’s pretty good! 

23 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

The capitals and the new columns are beautiful! :thumbup:

Very nice reworking!

Thanks a million!

Nice! I put the stone behind the mirror in my Great Hall tower, a better fit than fawkes for sure!

This looks great! I love this whole little series you've been doing, they're all great takes on the old sets. The new mirror of Erised looks pretty good in there and you did an excellent job capturing the look of the room from the movie. Quirrel's head is on backwards tho lol (the twisted Voldemort face is on the back of his head) I think it would be really cool to see your remakes be stackable like the original sets. When I was a kid I always thought it was so neat that you could combine the sets into a bigger castle. I wouldn't be sure how to do that without overshadowing your great details, though. Maybe just placing them on tiers behind one another to display. I really can't wait for more of these in any case!

I love those remakes! I've got all retro HP sets and it's so cool to see them being remade. What else are you gonna build? :)) 

Wow, that's so nostalgic)

I like that you've given the old torso to professor Quirrel, 'cause the new one is so wrong.