Ecclesiastes

[PRESS RELEASE] 10265 - Ford Mustang Creator Expert

10265 Ford Mustang

46263721395_45af77f009_c.jpg

Ages 16+. 1,471 pieces

US $149.99 CA $199.99 DE €129.99 UK £119.99 – FR €139.99 DK 1,199DKK – AU $199.99

*Euro pricing varies by country.  Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.

Build and customize your very own 1960s Ford Mustang!

Discover the magic of an iconic 1960s American muscle car with the LEGO® Creator Ford Mustang, featuring dark-blue bodywork with white racing stripes, bonnet scoop, printed mustang grille badge, GT emblems and 5-spoke rims with road-gripping tires. Developed with input from Ford, this authentic replica comes with optional add-ons for customization, including a selection of license plates, supercharger, rear ducktail spoiler, beefy exhaust pipes, front chin spoiler and a nitrous oxide tank. You can even adjust the lift of the rear axle for an extra-mean look! Remove the roof panel or open the doors and you have access to the detailed interior with handsome seats, radio, working steering and a mid-console gearshift. Store items in the trunk or lift the hood to reveal a detailed big block 390 V8 engine with battery, hoses and air filter detailing. This advanced building set has been designed to provide a challenging and rewarding building experience full of nostalgia and makes a great centerpiece for the home or office.

·         Authentic replica of a 1960s Ford Mustang featuring dark-blue bodywork with white racing stripes, air scoop, 5-spoke rims with road-gripping tires, and a selection customization add-ons.

·         Open the doors or remove the roof panel to access the detailed interior with handsome seats, radio, mid-console gearshift and working steering.

·         Open the trunk to store items and lift the hood to reveal a detailed Ford Mustang V8 engine with battery, hoses and air filter.

·         Also includes a printed mustang grille badge and 2 GT emblems.

·         Customize the Ford Mustang with the included supercharger, rear ducktail spoiler, beefy exhaust pipes, front chin spoiler and a nitrous oxide tank.

·         Choose from a selection of license plates.

·         Lift the hood to check out the realistic engine detailing.

·         Adjust the lift of the rear axle for a real mean look!

·         This Mustang toy car model includes 1,470 pieces and is suitable for ages 16+.

·         New-for-March-2019 special elements include 5-spoke rims, 2x8 brick with bow, 1x3 mustang logo tile, 2x4 bow with ‘GT’ Emblem.

·         Measures over 3” (10cm) high, 13” (34cm) long and 5” (14cm) wide.

Available directly from LEGO Stores & shop.LEGO.com from
1st March, 2019

46454432694_0a690cc552_c.jpg

46263734295_8e4d659495_c.jpg

46263733545_5202870200_c.jpg

46263732725_9e6b660f6f_c.jpg

46263731405_8073de35a7_c.jpg

40213036063_dc26fe8014_c.jpg

32236101257_34d34ce195_c.jpg

46263730355_7f7e5bdfba_c.jpg

46263730215_8e4ce0751c_c.jpg32236099937_a272a574bc_c.jpg

46263729575_bd05d0a60f_c.jpg

32236097897_b6f6afb3b3_c.jpg

46263729005_685f236765_c.jpg

32236096427_1232b639f9_c.jpg

46263728105_1dae93f598_c.jpg

40213027443_fd869e2631_c.jpg

46263726645_4e93c1f6f3_c.jpg46263726055_676fc68759_c.jpg

46454441454_04e55425c0_c.jpg

I have to say that this is one of the best car designs LEGO has done imo, and the "pimp-my-ride" optional extras just adds more Greek siren temptation to the boy in me.

Edited by Scene

You know the set is good when even Sariel is struggling to find fault with it. Credit to Psiaki here for raising the bar not only on the Creator Expert line, but for Lego car building in general. The customizable add-ons are fantastic, and I really appreciate the extra effort taken to use prints over stickers for essential detailing, and to provide new wheel hubs allowing for better steering geometry. Personally, I think this model outshines the Technic Porsche & Chiron sets, especially in terms of value for money.

Using this video:

I managed to recreate this in Stud.io!

47131157442_64731df60c_k.jpg

Just waiting for the unique new parts for the next software update!

Stud.io is a bit better than LDD.

Awesome model, and after seeing many reviews, spectacular photos. Are they from Lego?

IMHO this is better than this year's technic Porsche. Looks even better and almost the same number of functions; just lacks suspension...

It's a tiny detail, but they nailed the car radio, points for the depressed radio-station button.

Last year's Bond car didn't move me, but I'm buying this.

Aesthetically speaking, this has to be my second favorite Creator Expert car next to 2016's VW Beetle, no doubt due to its own predominant usage of another rarer-than-most shade of blue! :thumbup: :grin:

12 minutes ago, coinoperator said:

Looks like stickers to me.

The review on TBB says that the stripes, white detailing, and the vents by the windows are all printed. The latter surprised me, because on some of the earlier pictures they looked very much like stickers. Honestly, the fact that those details are printed means that I don't have any doubts about picking this set up - stickers would have put me on the fence.

When I look F.A. at the radio I see clearly an edge around the print, even a shadow of it...
Same goes for the yellow license plate.

It's not possible to say anything about the tile with the Mustang logo or the striping due to the angle of photography and/or colors.

Lego stickers are horrible quality due to the lack of UV protection.

Nevertheless... I like this car and will for sure add it to my collection.

Edit:

"Down the center is a radio courtesy of a sticker"

So yes its a sticker
The set uses both prints as stickers

Edited by coinoperator

8 hours ago, coinoperator said:

Looks like stickers to me.

Yes, there are some stickers, but they are mostly for inessential details like the number plates, radio, and rear-view mirror. My point was that all of the really essential detailing - which could have been done with stickers - has instead been done here with prints. For example, the stripe down the middle, the side stripes, and the vents on the C-pillars. You can leave all of the stickers off without it significantly detracting from the appearance of the model.

7 hours ago, coinoperator said:

It's not possible to say anything about the tile with the Mustang logo or the striping due to the angle of photography and/or colors.

The Mustang logo is printed on the 1x3 tile on the front grille, and on the 1x1 round tile for the oil cap.

Edited by BrickMonkeyMOCs

I’m liking this set, I’ve got all the Creator car series except the original studded Beetle (before my time of collecting these) and last years Aston which just doesn’t look right from too many angles. But this mustang works at some many levels. As someone said it’s definitely up a level in terms of creator cars. Not sure about the mods myself, the engine looks good, but I do with the duck tail spoiler didn’t need the black discs on the rear/bottom face

For those that aren't aware of it, Sariel has done a great review of this set in the Technic/Model Team forum. 

I really hope I can get one of these at launch a definite day one purchase for me. Those rims will prove to be quite useful for other MOCs along with all those wonderful dark blue pieces, might even get two or three of this set. I fully expect this set to be hugely popular and hard to get because of that, I am worried the scalpers will have a field day with this one. 

it looks really great. it looks like the real thing, nicely detailed, great colors... i will get one :sweet:

Not my style of set to buy, but that doesn't take away the fact this looks very well done for a brick-built LEGO Car set.

The sequential 3-stripe style taillights are just very iconic and still used in the modern versions of the car.

Edited by TeriXeri