Sariel

[Video review] 10265 Ford Mustang

1 hour ago, Yevhen said:

Sariel noticed TLG didn't use a green color, because this color is used in Mini Cooper.

Then why did they use blue and white gamma from 31070? It's not a licensed car, but still a pretty decent one!

I'm glad that your comments continue to be of highest quality. Allow me to humbly point out two things:
1. They didn't use blue in 10265. They used dark blue. It's not the same.
2. 31070 belongs in regular Creator, not Creator Expert.

I have the idea the car looks larger (mostly longer) than previous cars in the Expert series. Is this a feeling you have as well @Sariel? I know your video shows a comparison with the Mini and Ferrari, but did you have a similar thought when building it? It also looks to be 16 wide, where previous cars were mostly 14 wide. I think it's that bit of extra width that made the steering possible.

Also, about the rims. I really love how TLC doing a real car together with a real car manufacturer, the wish for steering led to the design of an element that fans craved for for so long - wheels with deeper rims to allow the space for steering. I think we all know the complaints about huge wheel arches. So I really hope they'll show up in other sets. I read elsewhere that the Ferrari rims were licenced to be unique to their respective sets, do you think this rim is generic enough to be reused in other sets? Especially as it is a very generic rim size (as your video shows)?

Also, this is the first time you gave perfect score, right? You have given some pretty high scores in the past, but never 35/35. Do you keep a list of scores somewhere, so you can ceep track of high/low scores, or trends, or averages per category, etc.? Just wondering :)

Edited by Erik Leppen

Loved this set since the first "leak" ("oh noez, sum1 at tlg pubblisht a piksher by misteak! phire the philanderer!").

Gonna get it first to see if I can motorise it and then to tear it down as beautiful, dark-blue MOC fodder.

Great review (as usual).

I rebuild this model in LDD and even with some of the newer parts not available, it looks excellent!

. It is a very complicated model with various brilliant ideas to shape the model.

47289234501_c58c404f66_z.jpg

And for those who know me a little there has to be at least one color-variation...

32350431697_fab3f38d78_z.jpg

Edited by JunkstyleGio
text editing

Really like the recolor, enough so to maybe realize it in real bricks, although maybe black. It does look like the three 2x4 plates on top of the front fender should all be shifted back one stud though. 

@gregorski904 I can say just one word - beautiful :wub:

It is a proof how just one small detail can make huge difference