Sariel

[Video review] 10265 Ford Mustang

Steering, YAY!!! A lot of people have said that these creator expert vehicles are basically model team, but I never quite felt it. This is the first creator expert vehicle that reaches that model team bar for me. 

Edited by allanp

Just now, allanp said:

Steering, YAY!!! A lot of people have said that these creator expert vehicles are basically model team, but I never quite felt it. This is the first creator expert vehicle that reaches that model team bar for me. 

Yes, indeed. Moreover, look at these suspension-like parts: I believe I can replace the rear "ride height adjustment" levers with shock absorbers and easily modify the front one by adding some torsion bars made of technic axles.
Globally, I'd think about merging Creator Expert cars, Model Team, and Scale Modeling into a single forum, as they become so close to feel any difference...

I’ve never seen you so positive. I will surely buy it. It’d be my first big Creator set after many years.

Great review as always. Now you give me an idea - to fit wheels on Technic Corvette with 43.2 X 22 tires :devil:

6 minutes ago, gregorski904 said:

I think about them too  as soon as they will be available.....;)

That was my initial thought, but here (where I live) is even Corvette not available at the moment

I am not a Creator fan.  I don't think I have eve bought a Creator set.  And I seriously think I will end up buying this.  What else is there to say? :grin:

Wow. I didn't even know this was coming up. Indeed a must buy - not sure how to get away with that at home though :blush:

Not sure what I think about the "upgrades", but hey - extra parts, whose complaining. I'm curious though about the steering system - why such a big 40z gear? I tried going back and forth a few times in the video, but I can't really figure out how it's set up. Does the 40z have a pin or something that pushes the steering rod left and right?

Excellent review. I'm going to buy this one as a first one from this Creator series. It looks incredibly detailed given this is a official LEGO set :-)

Regarding the steering. The large wheel is there just to center the rotation and it is moving with the thin red 2 beam in front that is used as a arm to move the steering rods to sides.

I've been keeping my eyes open for a while regarding this set. It looks awesome. Will definitely be buying. 

Thanks for the review! ? 

Wanted to check out if the set actually had steering. Ended up watching the whole video. Thanks for making it. The set will be a sure purchase from me, and maybe my brother will get one as well. I really really hope this sells like hotcakes, to prove there's demand for these good-looking and functional Creator cars.

Nice surprise for me is that it has 4 full-fledged seats. Sure, it's not the first car to have that, but I somehow didn't expect it. The only thing I miss is some tiles on the floor. Oh well.

Problem is, if I have this, I might want the Ferrari and Caterham too. :blush:

I'm so happy this is turning out to be a really nice series. I love (and own) the Beetle and Mini. The London Bus was a bit of an outlier and the DB5 a bit of a missed chance, so I passed those, but this Mustang makes it more than good and is a great followup.

I hope they do the Countach one day.

Edited by Erik Leppen

Wow! This is an outstanding set, i’m Not a LEGO  car guy, but my son is a Mustang guy. I may have to purchase this for him (unless he does first).

Great review, thanks!

Andy D

Thanks for the review, excellent as usual.

It's fun to see a Creator set review in the Technic forum but I think it makes a lot of sense. In the press release thread I have just posted that this set can be compared -favourably- to 42096 Technic Porsche, as the Porsche has barelly more technic functions than the Mustang.

This set recalls me the complaints on the un-technification of the Technic line, not because Creator gets better which is something I like, but because it makes blatantly true that comment saying "42096 is a glorified 42077" (the blue car from 2018)

Technic should forget the looks and focus on complexity, Sytem will allways beat us in looks.

And, of course, I'll get the mustang. But not the porsche,;sourcing the new white panels would be enough.

Sariel noticed TLG didn't use a green color, because this color is used in Mini Cooper.

Then why did they use blue and white gamma from 31070? It's not a licensed car, but still a pretty decent one!

91-xFlSexZL._SX425_.jpg

Edited by Yevhen

I am more impressed by this Mustang than I am with the technic Chiron. I hope this sets the bar for future licensed creator cars.