paintballman

GBW - Supporting the war effort - PLANTASEA - Old City Bar

note: the sign of the bar is in Greek the word "Vietnam", and actually is a tribute to a Greek cult movie where "Vietnam" is the name of an underground club 

GENERAL MAP J16

"In an old city bar, That's never too far, From the places that gather, The dreams that have been, In the safety of night, With it's old neon light, It beckons to strangers, And they always come in..." (Trans-Siberian Orchestra)

Not very far from the center of the capitol of Plantasea, Budweiser City, there is the old bar "Vietnam", where most of the customers are curent and veteran soldiers of the country

46259411225_671862f9de_c.jpg

The bartender Stan, is also an old soldier, from 67th Paratrooper Regiment as the regular habitue Mr Makis, who used to be an oficer in Underwater Demolition Squad

46259413565_3799481cbc_c.jpg

40208713563_78c2392eb1_c.jpg

The walls of the bar are decorated with objects from wars all around the world, souvenirs brought by the soldiers: the Red Violin,  flags of the most known Regiments, the General's Neyo rifle from the Destruction of the 12 Colonies War, the Bell from the first Underwater Demolition school, and many more

32231756297_e8861b4e7a_c.jpg

46259416675_2cc6734547_c.jpg

32231759317_b9322cb596_c.jpg

32231761377_dfb0a68115_c.jpg

Major Saunders is drinking his beer with Gunny Thomas Highway of the Marines, talking with barowner Stan

32231763657_5e1996f540_c.jpg

32231765037_b6111817bf_c.jpg

But the most importand company is in the right corner of the bar: Admiral Salway, chief of the Navy, Coloner Lars Lomen, commander of the bad megablocks  Hell Legion, and the kingpin of the Barbossa Kartel, Hector Barbossa himself (we can also spot Barbossa's bodyguard behind him, and Admiral's adjutant in his right)

46450121684_c78f5af4c5_c.jpg

Additional photos and details

Edited by paintballman

21 hours ago, marvelBoy123 said:

Nice, love all the hidden references and the interior decoration is brilliant. Great Job.

Thank you

17 hours ago, TheBeeze said:

Bartender Stan.... :tongue:

Oh yeah!!

13 hours ago, sigpro said:

Epic! Full of high quality details all around the MOC.

Congratulations!

Thank you Miquel!

Nice bar !

I like all the decorations you put all around.

Did you just stick some elements at the wall ? Sometimes, I don't understand how you put those on the wall (for example, the old musket or the Minecraft pickaxe)

Good job, it appears to be a good place to drink a beer ! :thumbup:

21 hours ago, Faladrin said:

Nice bar !

I like all the decorations you put all around.

Did you just stick some elements at the wall ? Sometimes, I don't understand how you put those on the wall (for example, the old musket or the Minecraft pickaxe)

Good job, it appears to be a good place to drink a beer ! :thumbup:

Thank you. 

Actually yes. I used UHU Tac Removable and Reusable Glue Pads. I could use some modified bricks, but I didn't liked how it looked. 

As I want to keep this build for a exhibition, I can make a build with some friend's sigfigs :wink:

You’ve been awarded (4) points.

Judges’ comments…

Grand slam. Awesome Build! The only thing I will say is I think you went a little bit overboard with all of the stickers/posters on the walls. Not a whole lot for me to say otherwise and you hit off the new round with a bang. Quality job my friend, expecting more of this from you!     

Fantastic amount of detail on this build...maybe a little too much from the outside? This doesn't look like an overnight build so good job with the effort.  Lighting wasn't bad, maybe try to get a light directly over the top as the shadows and dark spot upstairs in that first overview pic really stands out.  Great start to the second round.

Be Sure to Update Your AARs. 

Thanks for playing!

16 hours ago, TheBeeze said:

You’ve been awarded (4) points.

Judges’ comments…

Grand slam. Awesome Build! The only thing I will say is I think you went a little bit overboard with all of the stickers/posters on the walls. Not a whole lot for me to say otherwise and you hit off the new round with a bang. Quality job my friend, expecting more of this from you!     

Fantastic amount of detail on this build...maybe a little too much from the outside? This doesn't look like an overnight build so good job with the effort.  Lighting wasn't bad, maybe try to get a light directly over the top as the shadows and dark spot upstairs in that first overview pic really stands out.  Great start to the second round.

Be Sure to Update Your AARs. 

Thanks for playing!

Thank you

I actually wanted the walls to be "crowded" as many bars like that are in real. I am still working with lights but also with background too. I hope soon will find the best in both. No, it was not an overnight build. I worked on in over a month as I always wanted to build a place like that