Hello everybody!

I would like to show you project I have started about one year ago. I was working on it through 2018, adding troops and vehicles. Hope you enjoy it.

TROOPS

Gretchinz:

31603970407_1b35aca12b.jpg

Gretchinz are smaller and weaker than Orkz but in a great numbers they still may cause problems. 

I needed them to put some on tanks and as a crew members of my Mek Gun. I'm still not sure about legs, they feel a bit to blocky.

Boy:

31603969357_4307752ca5.jpg

Standard soldier of WAAAGH!!!

This one is armed with Choppa and Slugga, other have Shootas, Stikkbombs, Tankbusta bombs. Some may have heavy weapons - Rokkit launchas, Burnas, or Deffgun.

Nob:

31603908167_00f269b6b1.jpg

Orkz have really simple hierarchy - smaller Orkz follow orders of bigger ones. Nobz are bigger than standard Boyz and I was trying to get that in my models - Nobz are a bit bigger but basically the same.

Mek in Armour:

46544275521_83201d690f.jpg

Meks are crazy Orkz who construct vehicles and weapons for WAAAGH!!!

Painboy:

33072337378_dda0796230.jpg

Painboyz are those who put together injured Orkz... or replace their limbs with mechanical ones. 

Warboss:

46544235291_b0675a6643.jpg

Warboss is the Boss of whole WAAAGH!!! - he is the biggest and the strongest of all Orkz. Well, if he is not, then he stops being Boss and starts being dead.

Ork Boyz:

45630730985_4a8bebaa16_c.jpg

I wanted this photo to have some table top vibe. One can buy box of ten Boyz and one Nob, put them together and paint. I just had to put them together. :D

SPEED FREEKS

I had no experience with cars (once I have built some police car and a colleague drom my LUG, to whom I showed it, said that I should just stop) so I wasn't sure how it will work. Both cars now looks slightly different, I have improved them a bit - added some Gunz to the first one and rebuilt the front of the second one but unfortunately I don't yet have photos. Those cars are highly Mad Max inspired.

31604161287_77f387e84d.jpg45820663304_63cd4aab57.jpg

Same story with bikes - before I build them only with molded parts but for Orkz I needed something bigger. I'm really happy with the results, already built third one. Photo will be posted soon. 

44726878460_b05beb724a.jpg

STOMPAS

Killa Kans

45631016905_4837e6000a.jpg45631017515_8c6953488d.jpg

I have photos of two Killa Kans (already built third one, will post photo soon). Those are basically giant metal cans with pilot welded inside, armed with some nasty close combat weapons, like Killa Saw, Drilla, Klaw, Wrecker and some giant range combat weapon. 

Deff Dread

45631015495_71906f768f.jpg

It's basically bigger version of Killa Kan with four arms so it carries more and bigger weapons. 

Flyers

Looted T'au drone

46033899035_49c1557999.jpg

Very important part of Orkz' culture is looting. What they find at the battlefield, they "repair" and use as their own.

Warkopta:

45631460105_3dcf8ceec1_z.jpg

That flying vehicle can transport up to four Boyz. When it's empty, deck may be closed. It's armed with Big Shoota, some Rokkits and giant bomb hidden at the back.

TANKZ

Grot Tankz

44727234680_9fa2cf2fed.jpg 44727235250_5ab5a6a8f4.jpg

When I spotted those for the first time at Forge World (not available at Games Workshop) I knew that I need them for my army. Those are expected to be cartoonish and a bit silly. People made them with Toy Soldiers tanks. Love them and definitely need more.

Smasha Gun

32671631418_43353ac27b.jpg

One of Mek Gunz. Once I have seen a game in which Ork player used them and demolished his opponent. Already bought parts for second one - Buble Chukka. This name is soooo cool that I need it as an addition to my WAAAGH!!!  

Looted Wagon

31604406627_e3f6de6d16_z.jpg

The last one, my biggest one (for now :P). I had a lot of problems with turret, this is third or fourth version and I'm happy with the shape and how I put a cannon but it still needs to be work with. I have learned some Technic techniques building this little monster and the next one is built with more sense so good for me. :D

Thank you if you get through whole post, it's really long. To be honest, I haven't realized that I have so many of it. When I had uploaded all the photos to Flickr, my browser just added uploading section as one of my favorite websites. xD 

Check my Flickr account for more, I have posted only part of my still growing WAAAGH!!!

C&C welcome. ;)

Very cool! :thumbup:

I have a huge Ork collection started back in the 90s, so I can attest to your Lego recreations being pretty on point. Great stuff, my favourites are the bikes and the Looted Wagon.

Did you use custom parts? I do not recognise the skulls, and the Ork heads look like nothing I have ever seen.

Excellent project overall, keep it going! 5d13fa41280d6fdef786d41bc175d3f6.gif

@Nom Carver Thank you. Yup, that's WH40k. ;)

@Drunknok Dank ya, man. :P 

Everything is 100% LEGO parts. Dk green heads are from Bionicle playsets (~2006). What do you mean by "skulls"? The big tan one at the top of Kan is from Bionicle, most of them are just minifig heads and there is one more, that "Fury Road" reference, it's also Bionicle playset.

Oi!  Deeze iz da 'ardest, shootiest, stompiest boyz I'z ever seen!  Waaaaaagh!

Er, ahem, that is to say, quite an excellent assortment of orks you have there (even if there is a rather distinct lack of deffkoptas), and all immediately recognizable.  I tend to build my orcs/orkz at minifig scale using the heads from the Fantasy Era castle "troll" line, but then again the orcs in my setting are amalgamations of the orcs/orks from LoTR, Warcraft & Warhammer...  Still, nice to see da boyz getting some love here. :)

@Laura Takayama I will build deffkoptas in future. ;)

Problem with vehicles like that (the same story with cars, bikes etc.) is that you need crew or a pilot for it. And it's quite difficult to get one part for Ork - tile modified 1x1 with clip in dark green (and I need two for one mini). It's been almost ten years since it was available in sets. Can't wait for this part to reappear, I would buy 100 and solve this problem forever. :D

Love me some Storm Boyz with Claws and Speed Freeks!

I like how unpretentious Orks are, they're big and mean and they'll pound you with a rokkit until it explodes, and that's all there is to it. Excellent theme! lmao

Edited by Henchmen4Hire

Ere we go! Ere we go! Ere we go! Love 40k and love it in Lego. I've been building Tau battle suits and am currently working on an Farsight/ Generic enclaves commander. They might fancy a run in with the orks!

As a 40k fan, I like what you have been doing with these builds and have been following your designs on Flickr.

As a servant of the Emperor I say these greenskins must be purified by fire!

On 3/5/2019 at 2:13 PM, BardDandelion said:

@Henchmen4Hire Stormboyz is what I'm gonna go for when I got enough parts to create whole squad. ;)
@Glassjaw Give me link to your MOCs, I really enjoy checking others' models. ;)

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/160408-w40k-tau-battlesuit/

Sorry this took me so long to reply to!

i also had another go at trying to make the suit smaller, and I had a slight Star Wars take on it https://imgur.com/a/wKAkFfX